Review Highlights
Love this place

Amazing views and beach is always a highlight to hang out. RTP is an amazing place with great... read more

Reviewed May 14, 2019
juanitaw932
Beautiful

My husband I called in for a swim before lunch. The water was beautiful and clear and warm! Would... read more

Reviewed August 26, 2018
PacificExplorer1963
Adelaide, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Apia
from $131.81
More Info
from $45.29
More Info
All reviews paradise resort gary cooper reef shoes filmed movie
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2015

Wonderful beach location that provides lots of opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, relaxing and strolling. Gardens at the adjacent Return to Paradise Resort are beautifully kept and the layout of the resort is good. Day trippers are encouraged to visit and enjoy this beautiful beach. Sunsets are amazing.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed March 16, 2015

We took quite a number of walks on this beach while staying at Return to Paradise Resort.

You can see why the Gary Cooper film "Return to Paradise" was filmed here as it is an amazing tropical location. Beautiful clean soft white sands, A sea of unbelievable turquoise and blue, with foaming waves.

Be careful when you are walking on the beach not to accidentally step on one of the tiny sand coloured crabs.

This beach is a wonderful location to photograph the amazing sunsets that seem to be here every night in Samoa.

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank ColinKynoch
Reviewed December 29, 2014

Clean sand and clean lagoon, nice and cool in the shade of the breadfruit and mango trees, and te trees were loaded with mangoes

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed September 28, 2014

awesome and clean, friendly people, great place for a picnic and the water is great....also can be very romantic

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed September 25, 2014

I returned to the Le Faga area this year a little more prepared- last time I got lost looking for Faimafilli Village Resort, so I emailed the owner before I left NZ .
I caught the bus down to Le Valasi's Fales nearby at Savaia and walked the 3 or 4 kms over to Matautu.
The only problem I had was when the owners of the fales at the corner of the beach wanted me to pay 5 tala and didnt understand when I tried to explain I was going further down the road to the Faimafilli Village Resort and the owner had assured me I didnt need to pay the 5 tala fee as they had an agreement with the village.
Eventually I rang Sylvia and she explained to the family.
The first day I visited and had lunch, then next day I arrived back to stay for a few days.
The beach is beautiful, a little wild with a mixture of sand and rocks, with plentiful sea life.
The accommodation at Faimafilli Village Resort was good value and suited me. You can have beach front open fales with a wee balcony or across the road there are ensuite enclosed fales with a bed. I think you can have the accommodation with or without meals but I was happy with my breakfast & dinner inclusive (60 tala for beachfront fales & 80 tala for the units)
The meals were pretty standard- Fish and chips, curry and rice etc. The fish was so fresh I just asked for fish every day. Lunch was available from 4-12 tala - basic but very good value.
The family also owns the shop up on the main rd and its pretty easy to organise a ride up or down from there. ( or about half an hour walk)
I am happy to see there is now a sign on the main rd so hopefully it is easier for tourists to find, but just ask at the shop if you need any help.
If you are just wanting a day visit to the Return to Paradise / Le Faga beach you can arrange at the bar / restaurant of the faimafilli Village resort or the house on the corner of the beach before you get to Faimafilli has basic fales on their part of the beach, 5 tala a visit (or photo) and 15 tala over night.
I enjoyed having the option of the pool at Faimafilli, I enjoyed my stay very much and will go back.
The only thing to be aware of is that it is also a popular locals choice for events and when there is a 'do' it will be very busy and noisy. When I was there we were only a few travellers but there was still rubbish from a previous do (which they were slowly cleaning up) and the barman was still playing loud music (to an empty bar)when we asked for the bar music to be turned down so we could have a conversation the barman was happy to do that.

Date of experience: July 2014