“Great deal with amazing service”

Lynn's Getaway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Apia B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was able to stay here twice this past month and both stays were very enjoyable. The accommodation is top notch at a very affordable price. What really stood out for me was the service. I had two flights get canceled and was forced to scramble around to different airline headquarters. Karl was extremely helpful. He drove me to my various destinations and even assisted me with phone calls to make arrangements. Everything went smoothly thanks to Karl. The staff at Lynn's are very friendly and will help with whatever they can to improve your stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Lynn N, Owner at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been to Apia and Samoa numerous times as i live just across the ocean in American Samoa and can say that this is one of the best places to stay in Apia. Arrived with a group of 3 friends and with no reservations after striking out at 1 other place. We didn't take advantage of the pool but we should have. They put us up in a 3 bed dorm room for 100 tala total!! Best deal in Apia if you ask me. We did find a rather large centipede in our room, but such is life in the South Pacific. The free breakfast was incredible, they were ready to make us bacon and omelets, as if we hadn't already stuffed our faces with eggs, pancakes, fruit and toast. Awesome staff, very friendly and cheeky, lovely family run business. Also operates a bakery in the next door minimart which makes absolutely incredible bread! I can say without hesitation, that I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Lynn N, Manager at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stumbled on this place almost by chance and boy was I glad that we did! So affordable and more than anything i could've expected for such a deal of a price!

right from the beginning the staff was super accommodating: they put in extra beds in our family room so our whole group of friends could fit and didn't charge us extra! The facilities were clean, the bathroom huge, AC was a nice blessing after spending our previous nights in fales, and the setup of the place along with the welcoming attitude of those who worked there made it feel more like a home than a hotel. Karl and his brother went above and beyond to be hospitable and made sure we enjoyed our one night in Apia!

we stepped out for dinner but caught the end of dinner at Lynns when we returned- they let us sample the kitchen's efforts and it was enough to make me regret missing it! We DID stay in for breakfast the next morning and WHAT A SPREAD! Such variety- I wanted to try it all.

The whole thing was amazing; I'd highly recommend it to anyone. If i ever get to go back to Apia, rest assured ill be staying at Lynn's!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

A really nice place to stay, tucked away with a pool and plenty of space inside, plus a balcony to sit and shoot the breeze. A shop next door which has everything you could need, including the smell of freshly baked bread wafting in the air. There's a great family atmosphere, breakfast is more than adequate and if you want you can dine in at night and feel part of the family with all the other guests which is someting quite special when you soend as much time travelling with business as I do. All the team at Lynn's do their best to make you feel at home, nothing is too much trouble. I would certainly stay there again next time I'm in Samoa.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a great place to stay. It's not in central Apia but it's very easy to get into 'town' and all the staff really go the extra mile to make your stay comfortable and easy. Paulo the chef is amazing, definitely stay in for a dinner or two.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This wonderful colonial style home has a variety of accommodation choices and does them all well at very good value. The guesthouse rooms are like a backpacker set up with a shared lounge & kitchen but your own private bedroom ( ensuite or shared bathroom). The rooms in the main house have aircon and guests have the use of the spacious lounge areas and library.
There is a nice pool.
The staff are helpful, friendly and fun, and the owner Lynn understands customer service and oversees everything to ensure all the guests needs are taken care of.
The free breakfast is amazing, it varies everyday but can include really good bread & sausages from Lynns supermarket next door, bacon, plenty of fruit, eggs or pancakes...
The evening meal is one of the best value dining experiences in Apia with a choice of fish & meat dishes, salad, vegetables, pasta dishes etc cooked beautifully and all for only 20 tala.
This place has everything you need to feel at home all at a very affordable price ranging from 60-150 tala for a single room . I will be back

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I spent a wonderful four nights at Lynn's Getaway. The facility feels like a home -- one that is quiet, restful and carefully maintained. The entire staff was gracious and hospitable and clearly had a sincere interest not only in the comfort of my stay at Lynn's, but in the quality of my entire experience as a first time visitor to Samoa. The concierge, Karl, was always available to answer questions and make thoughtful suggestions. He took it upon himself to help track down my delayed baggage, kept in contact with me when I left Apia for other parts of Samoa and gave me a guided tour of the highlights of the island of Upolu, a tour that was easily the high point of my trip.

On the last night of my stay, I scolded Karl for not sufficiently promoting the dinner service at Lynn's. I did not partake until my last night, not realizing that they serve the BEST FOOD in Samoa. I am already strategizing a return and am certain to stay at Lynn's.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thanks so much for your great review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Samoan Outrigger Hotel
#1 of 1 in Matatufu
Taufua Beach Fales
Taufua Beach Fales
#1 of 2 in Lalomanu

Been to Lynn's Getaway Hotel? Share your experiences!