“My new home from home”

Lynn's Getaway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Apia B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed on 4 occasions over a 3 week period in various rooms and were treated on each return as if we were part of the family.Nothing was to much trouble even an early check in or late check out was not an issue. If you required a lift it was organized quickly and if they were heading that way,they would give you a lift.The food was amazing all of us who stayed there ate their every night as it was cooked fresh infront of you.The rooms were clean and tidy, the whole house was kept clean by the amazing staff.I miss my late breakfast of as many eggs they can cook me then laugh at me as i struggled to eat them all. I'm just glad i wasn't weighed before my return flight home. Thanks again for an amazing 3 weeks made special by the amazing Netzler family and all their wonderful and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bartonrangers
Lynn N, Manager at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thanks for your great review.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our last week of our family holiday, the staff were very accommodating the chef PAULO is the best chef out and very funny! His cooking is DELICIOUS...Pina, Fata, Rosemarie, I cant remember the third ladies name that works there but were very friendly and very helpful. Location is spot on hospital up the road, video shop nearby, lynn's supermarket next door (that has everything you need), everything is walking distance i cant wait to go back to lynn's getaway!! Wished we stayed here when we first arrived to samoa!

Lynn's Getaway. .
I just want to say thank you soooo much for spoiling my daughter Manieya she had so much fun there and misses lily, the boys, paulo and the nurses, she had so much to tell her friends at school about the people she met and she also can't wait to go back...and thank you lynn for the beautiful bracelets.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Lepa V
Lynn N, Front Office Manager at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hi Olepa, thank you for your great review. We all miss Manieya when she left. She is such a great little girl, caring and fun. Lily misses hanging out with her,also Paulo. Hope to see you and your family back here in the future. Once again thank you.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed in the GUEST HOUSE: At the time of our booking we had a look at other places or hotels but there were hardly any avail at the specific dates that we wanted and booked for. Also there was none at or within the price range that we had requested; also looking at somewhere close to home at Vaivasetai where my mother lives, so we could just be nearby for her 90th celebration. What more could u have asked for?? Spacey and private...shared this house with my 21 year old daughter, 19 year old twin girls and youngest son..our family took two rooms, me and 11 yr old son in one spacey single en-suite with 2 single beds own little fridge and wardrobe..all three girls in one Family Room with 1 double, two singles, with large dresser (with shared facilities). Although there were others sharing the same house apart from us at the time of our stay, we were able to get on with our business and have our own privacy. Families were able to visit from time to time, and there was no problem coming in and/or going out at all times whenever and whatever time of the day or night...because most of our times were spent at Vaivaisetai with Mom when she was alive then..(sadly to say that she had just passed away on 1st of May this year)..however to top up our wonderful stay, the girls Pina and Fata were so cheerful and friendly right from the start, so eager to lend a hand at anything and everything we requested..They have made sure my children were looked after and also have made them all feel at home. One of my daughter was not feeling well for a couple of days and they had kept an eye on her condition; checked up on her from time to time at our absence. Thank u girls for such an awesome true Samoan Spirit : your immaculate service and hospitality that u both have shown and provided throughout our whole 7-day visit. Your 24/7 care and concern for us all were incredibly and undeniably perfect. Your Boss Lady Lynn...thank you so much for your down to earth personality which have shown by taking your time to sit down chatting and talking about things, sharing your stories etc with us. A great honour to have met and talked with you in person. Thank you Rosemarie for your instant replies to all our booking requirements. Your efficiency made us all feel at ease, as well as making us feel welcomed when we arrived at the hotel in the early hours of the morning and were still waiting for us to be ushered to our rooms. Thanks for your time and patience. Thank you girls Pina n Fata for the taxi call outs through out the whole stay, so efficient and not a complain at all. Breakfast was served at no time limits which was a BIG BONUS. Nice cold showers at all times with the help of the ceiling fans beat the unkind and furious heat in Samoa at this particular time of the year.
Nevertheless our stay was perfect in every way possible. Sincerely we thank you Lynn and your Staff so much for an awesome stay and no doubt we will be thinking of you all always and definitely recommend your Hotel to all our friends and families all over...THANKS AGAIN..with LOVE and BLESSINGS..!!!

Ausaga Momoisea & Family..xox

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AUSAGAMOMOISEA
Lynn N, Owner at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review. I and the staff of Lynn's Getaway are so sorry to hear about the passing away of your mother, God our heavenly father is always comforting us through this sad and sorrowful time of our life. Thank you again.

God bless,
Lynn Netzler

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed at Lynn's for 6 weeks. Ideal for medical students as its only a 5 minute walk from the hospital, and the pool is perfect for relaxing in after a day of work (and other students tend to stay nearby too)! The best aspect of Lynn's however is the exceptional hospitality; we were made to feel so welcome by Lynn, her family and all the staff. Fata, Pina and Paolo were lovely and the other guests were really friendly too. When you are living away from home it's the little touches that make all the difference. It's great waking up to the Samoan breakfast - eggs, pancakes, cake, fruit - sets you up for the day! We were able to hire a car and explore the island, which is absolutely stunning. Lalomanu beach is by far the best beach I have ever been too. Overall, I had a fantastic time in Samoa - certainly didn't want to leave and hope to be back at Lynn's one day!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kate G
Lynn N, Owner at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed at Lynn's Getaway for 6 weeks last year and for 12 weeks this year. Great location when working at the hopital. Lynn's has an amazing homely/family atmosphere which is important when away from family for so long. I love the close interacting between guests and staff and how you are made to feel like nothing is too much trouble. Great breakfasts and dinner is made by Paulo...wow, definitely a meal to look forward to after a hard days work. A very nice pool area to cool off, with sun deck and socialising on the balcony with other guests while looking out over the natural Samoan vegetation is a good way to end the day. It is a calm and relaxed atmosphere and the staff are amazing. Everyone knows you by name and takes a genuine interest in your wellbeing. Had the most wonderful traditional dance ceremony and social evening on the last night there. To all at Lynn's, I am exceedingly grateful for all your support and care during my stay there. An awesome place, with awesome staff and an awesome family who run it. I will definitely be staying at Lynn's again. No other place would compare.

Room Tip: All rooms in the main building are good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was the most amazing place I've ever stayed at. I felt so at home and so looked after. The staff there are amazing. I am looking forward to going back in November I cant wait =D The food is pretty amazing as well =) Paulo did an amazing job at keeping me full and making sure I never went hungry =) Alex and Paulo did an amazing job at putting on an amazing night for my mom and myself the night before we were to leave.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TaylaHanekom

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at Lynn's with a friend for four days and it was a comfortable home away from home with hospitable staff and friendly fellow guests. Great value and a relaxed atmosphere, I'd definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: rooms on the eastern side are cooler in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elisabeth P

Thanks for your great review

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Samoan Outrigger Hotel
#14 of 29 in Apia
Saletoga Sands Resorts
Saletoga Sands Resorts
#1 of 1 in Matatufu

Been to Lynn's Getaway Hotel? Share your experiences!