“Our 25th Wedding anniversary”

Lynn's Getaway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Apia B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked Lynn;s based on the good reviews and that it was quiet although there was one review that said they had a mix up in the rooms (it happens).
Arrived at airport and was surprised to see our name on their shuttle board (we had not requested it) advised them that we would make our own way there with family later in the afternoon.
Arrived to be told we had not booked and they only had one room left - room 9 - I asked to be shown the room, I advised that we had email confirmation that we had booked the mastersuite as it was our 25th wedding anniversary and I had also phoned and confirmed with a male. They then blamed the son who they said was in NZ that he had double booked. (We found out later that they had done this to another couple and they got turned away as no more rooms available)
Room was okay air con worked thank goodness!, however shower was blocked and water and gunk came back up into the shower box - yuk! we ended up staying for 3 nights - the ladies in the kitchen are fabulous and the breakfasts were awesome faafetai lava.
When we told them that we were not going to stay longer all of a sudden the master suite was available.
Room 9 is not the one to stay in it is right beside the reception and the phone rings at very odd times no one answers it as they stay in the house behind.Also on the other side a room has been converted to a games room and people come and go at all hours door opening and closing. For a light sleeper it is not pleasant.
When you run a business you need to know how to handle mistakes when they happen - off erring a discounted price for example instead of blaming someone else.

Room Tip: Don't book room 9!
2  Thank Janice K
Lynn N, Front Office Manager at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Hi thanks for the review. Sorry about the confusion with the rooms. You are right, there should of been a discount . The person who did your bill should of first talked to my mum (Lynn). Sorry about unpleasant things you went through here.

There are newer reviews for Lynn's Getaway Hotel

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at lynn's in February for 7 days. As soon as we arrived we felt at home, just like family! We got in in the very early morn, which wasn't a problem. Our ride was there at the airport waiting, and there was no extra charge for early check in. Karl was extremely helpful! More than willing to give us rides around, and always on hand to help. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to the master bedroom-fabulous! everyone there was just so welcoming, and really made the stay an enjoyable one. It's handy to town, and there is a store right next door. I would not hesitate to stay there, it's just like staying with family :) thankyou so much lynn and karl! we would definitely not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the master bedroom and an ensuite room. Both are more than adequate
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashlynn a
Lynn N, Owner at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thanks so much for the great review.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I just spent 4 nights at Lynn's. We felt like family from the moment we arrived. It was in the middle of the night and the clerk had trouble getting our a/c started. Immediately, Lynn popped in and got everything going perfectly. She was so kind and sweeet. She spends a lot of time on premises and I think that is why the place runs so well. Breakfasts were fabulous, both cooked and uncooked is available for the price of the room. The ladies who help Lynn are great fun and very helpful. This accommodation is really great value. This is not a luxury resort, but who needs one when you can stay at Lynn's? Mavis

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms might be a little quieter. We were on the ground floor and heard noise above our...
1  Thank mavis10128
Lynn N, Manager at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Reviewed June 13, 2012

MALO LE SOIFUA LYNN
TALOFA PINA
NIHAO LUAFATA HAHAHA
We have stayed all over SAMOA in our travels and found LYNN'S to be our excellent choice..Lynn and her staff were very helpful,full of fun and aim to please.Love the family atmosphere.There was entertainment from morning until 5.00pm that's when Luafata and Piina finishes for the day .Luafata's laugh is so contagious,you dont want to stay in bed in case you miss out on something.My husband Ian and I enjoyed our stay so much,if and when we decide to go for another holiday,Lynn's is our only choice.Thank you,thank you,thank you.
WE MISS YOU GUYS.
LOVE,HUGS AND KISSES.

LUAI AND IAN

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Thank you Lynns Getaway for everything and thank you soooooooo much for your hospitality we all had a great time with you all and so sorry it was short & didn't get to say goodbye to everyone as we rushed to get to the airport on time.
Thanks to Chris for waiting patiently with us at the airport as Virgin couldn't confirm straight away if we were confirmed on the flight and most of all thank you to Bina & Fata - Lyn you are blessed to have these two women assist in the maintenance & running of your guesthouse. I would also like to thank you Lyn for being a great host. We will definitely come back & visit and I think the rest of our group will most likely follow as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for the review.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed at Lynn's Getaway for three nights during an islandhopping-tour through the Pacific.
Before my stay I was a bit sceptical, because most of the reviews here at tripadvisor are from people who have only written 1 or few reviews. But after my stay, I can agree, that Lynn's Getaway is a good place to stay.
It is clean, safe and the staff is friendly and helpful. Just a little advise, how they can get even better: I guess Lynn's getaway is focussed on long term guests - but for me as short-term guest it was in the beginning not easy to know, who is staff from Lynn's Getaway and who is guest. Also I was not aware of all the services they offer. Only when I was leavin I saw on the invoice, that they offer laundry for 10 WST and dinner for 20 WST (in my case there was quantity "0" in both categories, but if I had known this before, I would have made use of these services). So it would be nice, if there are a small directory in each room, so that is easy for new guests to get orientated.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank laendersammler

Thanks for the review.

Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. Right next to the hospital, air conditioned rooms, hot showers, no bugs!!! Laundry for WST10. Amazing breakfast included every morning too. Highly recommend it, it's a home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank TMerkle

Thanks for the great review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Samoan Outrigger Hotel
Taumeasina Island Resort
Taufua Beach Fales
Taufua Beach Fales
#1 of 2 in Lalomanu

Been to Lynn's Getaway Hotel? Share your experiences!