“happy i stayed here”

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Apia
Melbourne, Australia
“happy i stayed here”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at Amanaki in November and loved it. Staff were lovely, friendly and so helpful. Rooms were clean and spacious. The restaurant is one of my favourites in Samoa, well priced and delicious. Shout out to Rob for the yummy cocktails! Hope I didn't annoy anyone with my singing in the pool :P See you all again in 2014!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mcscmsdj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Suva
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Apia and finally found my go-to/return spot in the Amanaki. Both for value (200 tala a night plus continental breakfast), venue (for access to work, evening walks on the Seawall and a well stocked and popular bar) and very friendly and efficient staff. Thanks to Ioane and her team who always make you feel welcome and remembered and ever ready with local advice and tips. The rooms are very clean and spacious with balconies overlooking the harbour or if you are on the ground floor, the pool and well kept gardens. Internet access is good and Lavaspot can be purchased at reception. The restaurant is good value with homey meals and the standout dish is the poke, fresh as the day! Goes well with a beer tower and the laughs of good times that seem to be part of Amanaki's signature. I will keep coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room above ground floor so you can get a view of the sea.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A huge thank you to Bev and her AMAZING staff at Amanaki. Bev has got just about everything right with this hotel. Great food, large rooms, lovely pool, good central location and staff who are willing to help wherever they can. From arranging a hire car to keeping breakfast going just 'a little longer' so that we could take our time. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

From the very beginning in booking Amanaki online, the friendly service and professionalism has been excellent. Ioana in Reservations knows her stuff and was very helpful to someone who had never been to Samoa before. We had an 8 day stay broken by 2 days in Pago Pago and returned for another 2 days for on our way home to Oz. Even when I didnt know what dates we would be going to Pago she was kind and informative re the second booking. I always felt confident in my correspondence with Ioana. She was SOOO helpful!!
This is a hands on family run business with Beverley and daughter Liana attending at times with kindness.

From arrival to leaving twice, it was like coming home..all the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The staff always presented well with clean uniforms or their own clothes. Their Samoan smiles, the women with flowers in their hair... beautiful, the men with big strong bodies..enough!!
The included continental breakfast was plentiful and some mornings we had cooked breakfast. All meals were delicious and the fish was nice and fresh.

The Vailima Pure beer is to die for coming from a woman who is normally a champagne drinker.The location of this hotel is 5 mins from town, an easy walk and I guess because it is so, the locals seem to patronise it well making for a great atmosphere.

Reservation ordered taxis for us but the taxi stand was handy, just across the road and the wifi accessibility for a small fee was convenient though sometimes slow but hey when in the South Pacific, slow down and chill...no heart attacks in this Paradise.

We had a medical emergency with my senior mother late in our stay but with our aiga's help and Amanaki's help we were able to fly home to Oz as booked. All's well Ioana, fa'afatai lava. We will be back with our kids and grandkids, 34 of us in 2016. Tofa Soifua.

Room Tip: My senior mother had room 11 twice and my husband and I had room 21 and room 14. Rooms 11 and 14 wer...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Amanaki staff were extremely friendly and helpful (but not to the point of being overbearing). It was also very clean. In summary, I had a great time at Amanaki. If I return to Apia, I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed for two nights recently last week and the service was great, location is ideal, the room was good the air conditioning unit was noisy but it's a good thing it's breezy with the sea breeze flowing in.

Definitely recommend this place if you are travelling solo as it was super safe and I slept like a baby :)

Easy walking distance to the main township and taxi are available across the road or ask one of the friendly staff at Reception to call you one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Auckland
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have been holidaying in Samoa like any other year. This year we needed a few nights accommodation due to changed family circumstances. The owner soon had 2 nights organised in a ground floor unit number 13. Looking straight onto a lush tropical garden surrounding the well designed pool. I had a dip every morning and again in the evening. The hotel is only about 3 years old and we could not believe how the plants have grown. Beth the owner loves plants and must have got "green fingers". The room was large and well appointed, 2 double and 1 single bed with all the mod cons. The bathroom also as well designed and outfitted as any "Accor" branded Hotel. Everything clean with tropical flowers on the bed and bathroom. We were lucky the owner "found" a few more nights we could stay, this time room 11 a bit smaller but similar appointed. Breakfast, continental is included in room rate including Samoan delicacies. Cooked breakfast is available at an extra charge. We opted for continental, the Vailima beer from the night before had enough calories! This holiday we skipped lunch due to other commitments. The dinners we had were delicious and we were told that in the next few months there would be an even better selection! Looking forward to that next year. Try the "Poke" made from Tuna, any fresher it would swim away. Some of the staff remembered us from last year. Always that lovely Samoan smile, I should know I am married to a Samoan lady. Last year we stayed at the "Millenia Hotel" and previous years at the "Tusitala" and the old city "Aggie Greys". Nothing beats the "Amanaki". "Tusitala" is grossly overpriced for what it is. By the way the "Amanaki" is only about 5 mins away from town. A taxi stand is right opposite the hotel. A ride into town about 3 Tala. Get a price from the driver first. I was lucky my wife did the negotiating. For my money Value, Rooms , Rates, Restaurant, Location, Staff, Service etc etc . Why go anywhere else? We will be back next year.

Room Tip: If you don't like steps book a ground floor unit., ther is no lift.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple