“February 2013 Tanoa stay”

Tanoa Tusitala Hotel
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Apia
Uopstate New York
“February 2013 Tanoa stay”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed 7 nights at the Tanoa and enjoyed every minute of it. The location is great! We had no problem walking to town to shops and restaurants. The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. We took advantage of the in room hotpot to make coffe every morning. We did, however, buy many jugs of bottled water to drink and use to brush our teeth...just in case. The grounds and pool area were beautifully landscaped and clean. The food overall was good. We did find the the full breakfast buffet pricey. The pool/bar area was relaxing and offered lunch and dinner. We were especially impressed by the helpful, friendly staff who always took the opportunity to stop and talk and ask if we were enjoying our stay. We also enjoyed several evenings of live music at the pool/bar area performed by excellent local musicians. We would stay at the Tanoa again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank flyingpickle
Tanoa T, General Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thankyou for your feedback on your stay with us at The Tusitala. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time here and found staff freindly and welcoming. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Samoa.
Happy Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
New Zealand
Reviewed March 13, 2013

With the refurbishment of Aggie Grey's underway the choices in Apia are more limited and the completely refurbished Tusitala provides a good option. It is a bit of a walk to the town and there is no cover in that process - I happened to be there while it was both hot and raining and ended up getting wetter than I intended. Having said that the staff were very good and helpful, the rooms clean and well presented, and the food well priced. My only annoyance was being directed to the cash machine by the desk to get cash to pre-pay a booking, rather than accept it on the same card that I used in the cash machine - hopefully when I'm next back here they'll have overcome that glitch.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the ground floor if you have much luggage to deal with - there are no li...
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Narziss
Talofa and thankyou for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. Apologies re the cash issue, hopefully that won't happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Samoa. Happy Travels
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Last month myself and my husband stayed at the Tusitala Tanoa for 5 days. It was our very first time and we absolutely loved every moment of out trip. The Hotel was beautiful clean and food was divine. I would like to Thank the friendly staff who made every moment of our stay very welcoming, enjoyable and an experience we will never forget ,particularly staff members Luamanu, Mandela, and the girls at reception. The service was fantastic and we were treated like royals. We have recommended your Hotel and service to all of our families and friends here in New Zealand and Australia. Thank you once again for the wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zed S
Tanoa T, General Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Talofa, Thankyou so much for your positive comments on your recent stay with us at Tanoa. So pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and I will pass on your kind words to the staff concerned. Thankyou for the recommendations they are much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Happy Travels
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Over the past year I have visited Apia on work related trips. I have had four trips of up to six weeks duration. On each trip I have stayed at the Tanoa. As a long term visitor I have found the staff to be most welcoming and friendly almost treating me as one of the family. The rooms are really comfortable with excellent air conditioning. There is Sky TV in room with 10 channels. I hope the owners get Sky Sport in time for my next visit as I am a Premier League fan! The kitchen is excellent and varied with a range of dishes from the economical to expensive depending upon what you are into.

I am looking forward to my next stay at the Tusitala.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lynn S
Talofa, and Thankyou so much for your kind words on your recent stay with us. So pleased that you enjoyed the Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return in July with your family.
Happy travels.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a months work in Samoa and stayed here for the whole time. Staff were pleasant and very happy with service recieved. Food in resteraunt was good and very reasonably priced.
Am presently making arrangements to return to Samoa for a week to ten days holiday in July and we will be staying here. Many thanks to Jill and staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Talofa Ken, thanks for your feedback on your stay with us. It was great to have you with us for the time you were here and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
Thanks
Somewhere over the rainbow
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed 5 Nights at the Tanoa while in Apia on Business. It met our needs perfectly, and generally exceeded my expectations. It is well located to local government and still manages to cater to both the Business traveller, the Holiday makers and locals.

Accomodation is clean and well maintained. The staff are friendly and well organised , particular mention to Iose, Terry, Serina and Rubina who were excellent. We met Jill who manages the Hotel and her Husband Gerry who were accomodating and provided excellent advice around Apia and the hinterlands.

We return in March and I know where we will be staying.

Only drawback was lack of Gym facility, but understand that this is part fo the long term plan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank geomagic
Hello and thankyou so much for your comments on your recent stay with us. So pleased that you enjoyed your time in Apia and especially at the Tanoa. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Happy Travels
Wellington
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here for a week and I must admit I was surprised at how good it was. The cleanliness of the rooms, bed and bathroom was above average and compared to other hotels I have stayed in the Pacific Islands, this one was one of the best. The pool area is lovely and always kept very clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and personable, happy to help when needed.
The close proximity to a few sights and the main Apia town is perfect too, just 5 minutes walk.
My negative points would be the cost of internet - 1 hour for 15 Tala which I thought was quite steep. Also the laundry was 50 Tala for one bag; again quite expensive for the amount of clothing we had washed.
However this did not detract from what is a good hotel - I would probably stay here again when I return to Samoa.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tanoa T, General Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Talofa, and Thankyou for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the Hotel and were pleasantly surprised. I take on board your comments with regards to Internet and also laundry.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Tanoa Tusitala on your next visit to samoa.
Thankyou and Happy Travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows
Saletoga Sands Resorts
Saletoga Sands Resorts
#1 of 1 in Matatufu
Return to Paradise Resort & Spa

Been to Tanoa Tusitala Hotel? Share your experiences!