Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Samoan Highland Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Samoan Highland Adventures
from $110.01
from $115.34
from $73.34
More Info
All reviews pristine waters custom tour piula cave pool great guide robert louis tim mangroves baha sua lava sights hiking temple tours company hike swim
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was an amazing day out. We were a bit worried about the prospect of 3 climbs in the 31 degree humidity and there's no doubt it was a challenge. Our guide Artur let us take it at our own pace and was full of information about the local flora and fauna. The first walk to the lake was hard going in places. Apparently it is muddy all year round so be prepared to get your legs covered in red clay. The swim at the lake was awesome but getting clean is a waste of time because there's still a 3km muddy path to negotiate just to get back to the start. Walk 2 is all along a gravel road. It's less than a km each way and the peak is marred by some transmitter masts and associated buildings but is still worth the walk for the views.
After an enormous and tasty lunch, our last walk was to Robert Louis Stevenson's grave. You could do this walk without a guide but Artur was great at pointing out various trees and their uses. I'd recommend taking the short steep climb to the top and the long gentle descent.
All on all a great day out at a great price.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Brightsidejon
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

Jude (My wife) and I are extensive travellers. We are retired which means we have no time limitations and we can easily pick and choose what we do. We have been on hundreds of tours all around the world and can say without hesitation that this is one of the best trips we have ever been on. As I am partially disabled, Tim the owner and guide, planned carefully anticipating what we would like most. He hit all of the buttons. What was especially great was the fact it was obvious that Tim was having a ball as well and his passion and enthusiasm was so infectious. There is no doubt in our minds at all that because of Tim and his support staff at Samoan Highland Adventures we know this will sit in our hearts and minds forever. Thank you Tim from the bottom of our hearts

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank Passiveincomeshop
Reviewed February 9, 2019

This was a great way to see Samoa and really enjoyed having Tim as a tour guide. We joined the Crater Lake tour, and then went back for the Pristine Waters tour. Crater Lake was a unique experience, moderate-effort hike through lush greenery and jungle trails in the center of Samoa to a hidden freshwater lake where we took a refreshing swim. But the Pristine Waters was even more of a highlight - saw the entire island, from southern Beaches, the amazing To Sua, and various waterfalls. Tim was a great guide, entertaining and helpful (even came to meet us at the hospital - we had to make an emergency visit before one of the tours). Definitely would recommend a tour with Highland Adventures if you find yourself in Samoa.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank NickPad
Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

Tim is an absolute class act, he makes this day that much better. He picked me up on time and inbetween ferrying me from location to location he taught me lots about Samoa, it’s people and it’s culture. All the sights you see are amazing and he’s happy to give you as much or as little time as you want at each spot. He also packs enough food for an army so make sure you’re hungry .
This was a fantastic tour with a fantastic passionate tour leader. Caters perfectly for small groups or solo travellers! Couldn’t recommend it enough!

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank David H
Reviewed January 19, 2019

My husband and I are young at heart and wanted to see as much of Samoa as we could in just one day. Tim picked us up at our cruise ship and was very accommodating to help me (age 64) and my husband (age 73) to see many of the highlights Samoa has to offer. We had a full and exciting day with Tim’s help to customize our tour to fit our needs and limitations. We went on a moderate hike along the lava sea cliffs, toured Robert Louis Stevenson’s house and the Baha’i Temple. He took us to the Papapapatai, Togitogaga and Sapoaga falls and the Piula Cave pool and got us back to the ship on time. We very much enjoyed our day and would highly recommend Samoan Highland Adventures. He provided an excellent lunch of sandwiches and fruit along with interesting stories of the island’s history.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

This day spent with Tim and Lau was exceptional
The hike started at 9 and was challenging without being in the heart attack scale. The terrain varries from rainforest to mud to rocky and back to grass
At times you can walk 4 abreast and at others it is single file
When you get to the coast there is fresh water pool that is spring fed for a relaxing soak
After lunch the mangove part starts, kyacking down through the mangroves to the ocean. I had never been in a kyack before and after a few wrong manouvers got the hang of it.
When we made the ocean there was more swimming and then back up to Lau’s place. I have to admit we did this against the tide and Tim had to tow me part way.
There is shower facilities but bring a change of clothes
The day finished with a great dinner cooked right there
Good boots swimmers a change of clothes are must haves. Bug repellent and sunscreen of course
Rory
P.S. there’s a young fella at Lau’s place you better save some energy for (excuse the spelling)Makey
Over all great day out for reasonably fit person with some out door experience
Also no souvenir shops