“Perfect for medical students, a brilliant place to stay!”

Tatiana Motel -Tanugamanono
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Apia
Tatiana Motel -Tanugamanono
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Apia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at tat's for a month in May and I can honestly say I have never felt more welcome at any place I have stayed. Sandra and family and the staff are all so friendly and really make you feel at home! The rooms were great with air conditioning, breakfast is included (fruit, toast, eggs and jams) and you can use the kitchen at any time which was great for us.Tatiana's is the perfect base to explore all that Samoa has to offer and Sandra will make sure you get the best deals and see all the best bits of the islands.

As medical students doing our elective at TTM Tatianas was in the perfect place being only a few minutes walk to the hospital, its also a short 5tala taxi ride into town. One thing Tatianas does lack is a pool but you can use the pool up at Manumea hotel up the road (a 3tala taxi ride) so long as you buy a drink, so this was perfect for us!

We were all really sad to leave the Tatiana family and if I ever find myself back in Samoa I will be sure to stay there again! Alofas!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amy D

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Tatiana Motel really made our stay in Samoa very special. The amazing family atmosphere and friendly attitude of all staff makes the place quite unique. Guests are made to feel like part of family, which for those travelling in Samoa for a long time is really nice. Sandra knows every inch of the island and as she works with the tourist office she can get good deals on all accomodation around the island and car hire with next to no notice.

A great place for medical students and people on holliday alike, I highly recommend Tatiana motel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 57matthew_b
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at 'Tats' as it's affectionately known for 1 month in January. I was recommended to stay at Tats by several former medical students and they didn't lie- it definitely lived up to it's good reputation. The rooms are clean and fairly well sized with a toilet, shower & bar fridge. And importantly- they have airconditioning & ceiling fans which made such a big difference to our stay in the very humid wet season. The hospital is only a 10min walk away and Lyn's supermarket is just down the road too. It's just out of town but a $5 tala taxi will get you there easily. Internet is available for a fee but can be a bit touchy at times.There is a very friendly & social atmosphere here with a large communal area to eat meals & relax on the couches with a book or watch a movie. There is always cereal, toast, tea & coffee for breakfast and usually fresh fruit too (Cyclone Evan wiped out most of the crops just before we arrived). You can use the kitchen to prepare your own meals. Sandra and her family are amazing people- Sandra was so helpful in organsing trips around the island and over to the other island, Savaii. Car hire, accomodation, sight-seeing, restaurants & clubbing- Sandra is your go-to! She was able to get us cheaper rates for a lot of things and had all the inside info on what to do and where to go. There is no pool at Tats but with Sandra- that is not a problem, she has friends all over the island! Great fun and great value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kate W
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Sandra and her staff were very friendly and looked after us so well. It is very close to the hospital for me (medical student doing elective there), and only a 5tala taxi to restaurants and bars in town. Sandra was a wealth of information that helped us travel around the islands, and she really made us feel welcome. The room itself is very reasonable with shower, toilet, aircon and fan. A very good deal especially in comparison with the other accommodation around town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Georgemugen
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Tatiana's Motel in Tanugamanono is definitely the best place to stay if you're planning to do a medical elective in Samoa. It's close to the hospital, and the air-conditioned rooms are a big bonus in the humidity of Samoa. I went with a couple of friends and we managed to get three people into one room - it was definitely good value for money. Papa, Mama and Sandra all were extremely accomodating, and Sandra helped us to get really cheap rates on rental cars and resort bookings for the weekend. They all went out of their way to help us, and created a family environment that made our whole experience in Samoa so much better!

They serve daily breakfast, and there always seems to be an abundance of fresh fruit available. Tatiana's also provides boiled water, which saves you having to buy boiled water and saves quite a bit of money too! Service was great, with regular room cleaning and clean towels - the staff will even clean up after your mess in the kitchen!

Most medical students that come to Samoa on elective decide to stay at Tatiana's. As such, it's an awesome place to meet them all, and certainly makes the experience all the more enjoyable.

All in all, Tatiana's is definitely the recommended place to stay if you decide to visit Samoa. Just make sure you bring insect repellent, as the mosquitos tend to attack in droves.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have no hot water.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank dang_90
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at Tatiana's for 3 amazing weeks. The room was large and well furnished with my own shower and sink, air con, fan, comfy bed and was always spotlessly clean. The communal area was nice and airy with toast, cereal and fruit always on offer. There is an extensive supply of books to borrow and access to the internet (that you have to pay for but is the same price anywhere in samoa). We also made use of the pool which is owned by a friend of Sandra's and is a short walk up the road - a lovely place to spend an afternoon.

The best bit though was the family that own Tatiana: Sandra and mama and papa could not have been more welcoming, helpful or generally lovely. As someone that was travelling on my own I genuinely felt at home as soon as I arrived and nothing was too much bother. They gave us a tour around Apia in the car so we knew where the main things were. Sandra used to work in the tourist information and so guests basically have a personal tour advisor on hand! She had great recommendations and would book trips, cars and restaurants at the last minute (often getting us cheaper deals than friends that were staying at Lynn's or The Outrigger).
Sandra is also great fun on a night out...!

I had been told by friends that I must stay in Tatiana's and having been here myself I could not recommend Tatiana's more strongly! Especially for elective medical students as it is where the majority of medics seem to stay so there is a great social atmosphere and lots of people and up doing trips together. It is very near the hospital. For the money you pay I think it is the best accommodation of its kind as it really is too hot not to have air con and I think the social side of things is great and makes it impossible not to make friends.

Thanks very much for having me to stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Phoebe619
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Tatiana Motel is run by very friendly and helpful management. The staff are dedicated to making your stay easy and enjoyable. Sandra was available to help us book accommodation and rental cars at late notice, and made sure she found us the best prices in the country. The staff were happy to give us tips on tourist attractions and 'secret' locations of interest. I found my room to be very comfortable, which was important as I was there for 8 weeks of placement at the hospital (which is a 5 minute walk), and for 2 months Tatianas was my home away from home. Continental breakfast was included in the price of accommodation, and in fact lasted all day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business