“Amazing Samoan experience”

Tatiana Motel -Tanugamanono
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Apia
Tatiana Motel -Tanugamanono
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Apia
Wellington, New Zealand
“Amazing Samoan experience”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent 9 days in Samoa in July, and stayed 5or 6 nights at Tatiana motel. I have to say that we didn't plan anything before flying, just booked a few nights before leaving and that was all. I was also a bit dubious when I read about how it was a headquarter for medical students but it was absolutely fine. They were all friendly and gave us some advice on where to go, and not loud as I expected.
We had a large double room for ourselves, comfy queen size bed, A/C, fan, tv, fridge and a large bathroom. All of it very clean. Plus the price is very competitive compared to other hotels.

It's not a resort-type of hotel but they have got the most important thing: the loveliest people ever! The manager Athene and her family were fantastic. Athene arranged pretty much everything for us, from hiring a car, arranging accomodation (at a great price) on Savaii Island, advice on where to eat.... And she did this with a big smile on her face (and her new-born son in her arms!). You really feel welcome and part of the family. Having breakfast with everyone in the common area is a great way to get to know people (Athene, her family and the other guests), ask about what to do/see, or just chat!

So if you're wondering where to stay , definitely opt for Tatiana motel Tanugamanono branch. You'll love the place, the people and you will want to stay longer!

Thank you again Athene!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank alexdu33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I can't say enough good about Tatiana Motel in Tanugamanono. The quality of the accomodation was superb. My girlfriend and I had our own double room with A/C, a fridge, a lovely washroom, and a TV with a few local channels. All of these things were of great quality.

The best part of the motel is the people. #1 is Athene. I believe she is the manager of the motel and she is absolutely lovely. She was very committed to making sure my girlfriend and I had the greatest time in Apia. She arranged our car rental (which was a miracle considering the Survivor cast had taken almost all of the cars in Apia). She suggested places to go and restaurants to eat at, taking into account our current mood and schedule. Fantastic.

The quality of service from the staff, and the quality of everything was top notch. We didn't have a single complaint. All in all, my girlfriend and I credit Athene with the success of our trip. Thanks Athene!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank McSilvio
UK
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed here for roughly a month with 2 of my friends from uni while we were on our medical elective - we were medical students doing work experience at the local hospital (Tupua Tamasese Meaole Hospital is 5 minutes walk away). It without a doubt one of the best places we stayed during our 2 month travel around the world (out of LA, Western Samoa, NZ, Malaysia and Singapore)! Athene and her family run the hostel and are some of the best hosts you could ask for - they are so welcoming and friendly, and because most of the people staying are medical students who are there for months at a time there's a real family atmosphere. Good sized rooms -I shared a room with 2 others and i never felt like i needed extra space, and the rooms come with a clothes cupboard, tv (good films at 11am and 11 pm), sink and separate bathroom, and a fridge to keep your food and drinks cold. There is also a shared kitchen where you can prepare your own food. Wifi is available if you pay separately. Athene and Papa helped organise many trips for us, from car rental to accommodation and snorkelling gear, and drove us on a couple of trips to Lalomanu (read: heaven if heaven is a beach) and sliding rocks. Good tropical breakfast everyday - cereal, bread, boiled eggs, coconut and papaya, although after a few weeks it does get a bit repetitive. It is in a convenient distance from town - walkable but takes a while in the heat, but only 5 minutes by taxi. Can't remember how many tala i paid for a taxi but it wasn't much. Good pizza place across the road, and a great selection of books on the shelves if you ever get bored lol. Also worth a mention - Magic cinema in town, and the only Macdonalds in Samoa :) It was a great place to stay in Apia and a great base from which to explore Samoa. I met so many fun people there - now i have friends across on the other side of the world who i never would have met if i hadn't stayed at Tatiana's.
Am planning to return - if i ever go back to Samoa i will definitely stay at Tatiana's again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank wriggs
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Athene and her family make you feel so welcome and like part of the family. This 'motel' (biggest under statement of the year) is set up for medical students working in the near by hospital (5mins walk away) and provides more than you need to make your stay in Samoa comfortable and enjoyable. It is fantastic value for money - includes a lovely breakfast, tea/coffee/toast whenever you want, kitchen, open living area with TV and bookshare, and 'Papa Tat' will give you the odd lift into town if he is available.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Athene and her hospitality made me feel so at home and made my time in Samoa so special. Thank you for everything you did for me and gave me. I will always remember you!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank William O
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I had no idea what to expect when I booked my accommodation at Tatiana Tanugamanono as I travelled alone as a med student to Apia for my medical elective.. All my apprehensions were resolved when I see so many other med students from all around the world around the communal dining area. I subsequently made so many good friends with people from all around the world!

Another factor that makes this palce a wonderful place to stay in are the management team and workers. You want to travel somewhere they'll organize it for you withohut extra charge. I definitely enjoyed my stay at Tatiana and I will definitely return again in the future when I visit Apia.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank jonnychee
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Tatiana motel is about 5 minute walk from the hospital, it was very convinent for medical student who are attached to the hospital. If you are a medical student i would really recommend this place.
Town is about 25min walk or a quik 3min cab ride which is around 4-5 talas
The accomodation is very affordable
The motel it self was amazing i had such a good experience with my accomodation.
The rooms are big and clean with air condition and double bed (if your traveling alone) mini-fridge, own bathroom and shower. i had the room up the stairs and had hot water through out the whole day. although the room the in front had cold water through out the day but get used it.
There is a complimentery continental breakfast. Bread, tea, coffee, milk milo are available all day. Safe and free water is avaiable through out the day. we are not allowed to wash up!
There is also a tv and dvd player in the common room and the dvd rental is a 4 min walk.
They have a quick laundry service for 10 tala, if you give your bag in the morning they will be washed and dryed by the afternoon.
The internet service which is available in tatianas is lava spot (wifi hot spot) and cost 40 talas for 4 hours, the more hours you buy the cheaper it gets. the speed aint bad
What i like most about tatianas is that you feel you are part of the family and they are very accepting and help. All the workers there are so nice and friendly specially su'e.
The owners brenda and papa are so helpful as is athene the manager

Athene is great manager she helps out organising trips to samoas attactions and to the other islands and places to stay near beaches especially the beach fales in lanumanu or even for nights out (you need to go fiesta on a friday at v-bar 5.30-7 pay 30 talas and its free drinks from then, its the best night out in samoa) and for places to eat.
Staying at tatianas is such a laugh with the other medical student and guest makes it a amazing atmosphere to stay in. I stayed with 20 other medical students from places around the world.

I would definately come back to this motel and would recommend it to any one looking for a cheap place to stay

Thanks alot athene, brenda and papa you have made my trip complete

Room Tip: get the room up the stairs