“Serene & Relaxing”
Review of Le Manumea Hotel

Le Manumea Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Apia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed in Le-Manumea during vacation in May 2012. We stayed in Le-Manumea for 4 nights. The rooms are large and the outside shower experience is really nice. The swimming pool is excellent and we enjoyed most of our time near the pool. The staff are very friendly and nice. The food is nice however there can be an improvement in the breakfast that comes with the room package. The tuna dinner dish is excellent and is a must try. The room has some nice selection of Samoan Music from Ben Vai - We ended up buying a CD at the hotel.
There are also a couple of nice restaurants close to the resort and are well worth trying. The Robert Louis Stevenson Museum is also close by and is a must see. Overall an excellent place to relax. Luna the owner is very friendly and always willing to help.

Room Tip: All Rooms are good. Choose one which are in the back of the property. They are much quieter.
There are newer reviews for Le Manumea Hotel

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff, everyone from the reception staff to the gardener always have a smile and a wave to greet you. The owner Luna goes out of her way to help and make sure you are enjoying your stay. Beautiful setting the with the garden and the pool, which is great after a hot day's exploring! Having a car would be good for this resort as its a long walk from Apia up the hill to the hotel, and also gives you the freedom to come and go as you please. Its a five minute walk up the road to Robert Louis Stevenson House, which is well worth a look. The rooms have air conditioning which is great, and the outdoor showers are very neat.

1  Thank Jan_and_Ham
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at le Manumea for five nights in may. We arrived at the hotel at about 1.30am and the reception staff were up waiting for us with smiles on their faces. everyone was friendly though we found that the owner Luna was most helpfull. Alaways interested to hear how our day was and always willing to help where she could. The rooms were quite large and reasonably comfortable with good airconditioning, and an outdoor shower and bathroom. The only problem we had during our stay was the hot water wasnt working for a couple of days, not that it bothered me because the weather was quite warm but the girls found it hard to stay in long enough to wash their hair. the problem was soon fixed when we mentioned it to the staff. the pool was always clean and the pool area was surounded by nice gardens and a nice lawn area. we had it to ourselves most of the time aswell which was nice. the resteraunt was good, the food wasnt outstanding but they were always decent sized meals and we were never waiting too long. we didnt have any complaints and were happy when the owner Luna insisted on us taking our free bottle of wine, that we forgot to get, to our next hotel. The hotel is only a short drive into town (too far to walk) but i recomend hireing a car to get around in, which the hotel staff can help you with. It was only a 15 minute drive to the sliding rocks, and an hour drive across the other side of the island to some nice beaches, waterfalls, and the to-sua swimming trench. all in all i,d say we enjoyed our stay at Le manumea very much and i would definatly go back and definatly recomend it to anyone looking at traveling to samoa.

1  Thank blacky33
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The staff were welcoming and helpful. They were able to advise on things to see and do and arrange a rental car at very economical rates. The rooms were large and clean and the bathroom took advantage of the warm temperatures with an outside shower.
The pool is well maintained. The restaurant has substantial but unimaginative offerings. The breakfast is included and there is no time limit on when you have to arrivein the restaurant.
Located close to Apia but not within walking distance

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I arrived at Faleolo airport around 5am on Easter weekend and arrived at Le Manumea after having some airport guy confirm that it'd be okay to check in early. I should probably have said something about that in advance but I forgot :) After passing out, I received a call at 11am that I'd been placed in the wrong room so I hustled on out with a staff to the correct room - small mistake but I know that I showed up unexpectedly so it's not really the late night/early morning staff guy's fault. The breakfast wasn't bad albeit not mindblowingly amazing but I don't think that's necessary. Also, I think the bananas are MEANT to be the super sweet kind and I enjoyed that (I saw a lot of comments about the bananas on here). Dinner was on point and the entire selection sounded delicious. Personally, I had the CoD and mussels with a side of rice - scrumptious. Luna and the staff, and all the people Luna knows like the people at AquaSamoa (the place to go to if you want to scuba dive) and Pete (totally recommend his island tours - he'll take you to all the good spots!) are amazing folks and I was absolutely blown away by their hospitality. I know a little bit about Southern hospitality, having spent years in the South but the Samoan hospitality was at a whole 'nother level. Though I was only in Samoa for 3 days, I feel like I was able to cover most of the 'destinations' and do a lot of things because Luna was able to point me towards, and hook me up with all the right people. As a female solo traveller, I could not be happier with my experience at Le Manumea. I would absolutely recommend Le Manumea with no reservations at all.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank AyakaFaithS
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights here as part of a 12 night stay in Samoa. After reading lots of reviews, we decided to split our holiday between 3 resorts - Le Manumea, Litia Sini and Aggies Beach Resort & Spa - 3 different resorts, offering 3 different experiences. We chose Le Manumea as it was close to Apia, up in the hills and had a pool. Here's our experience at Le Manumea:
- The heat was intense, so on our journey from the airport, all we could talk about was spending the afternoon in the pool, swimming and having fun. Upon arrival I noticed the pool was getting cleaned. I mentioned it to the girl who showed us to our room. She said it was unusable. I asked for how long. She said a while. I asked for an indication. She couldn't say. Our wee boy got all upset, as I was, as it's all we were looking forward to doing. I went back to reception and said could she find out a definite timeline. She said 24 hours. NO WAY!! So I indicated we'd need to look at moving elsewhere, as we did not wish to be poolless for a third of our stay. Surprisingly, she gave me a brochure to check other hotels! Went back to the room.10 mins later the phone rang. She had checked with the cleaner and the pool was able to be used immediately. Relief!! Now... what if I HADN'T indicated we would consider leaving?? Sigh...
- Spent the rest of our stay pretty much stuck in the swimming pool - rain or shine we were in it! Pretty much had it to ourselves 90% of the time which was a double bonus.
- The hotel is close to the sliding rocks - a must do! Luna is happy to arrange transport.
- The hotel has a delicious looking menu with 80% of it being seafood which we were champing at the bit to try. Our first night we were given the menus and placed our order, only to be told both our options weren't available as there was no fish. What about that dish. None of that either or the lamb chops. How about the prawns. No prawns. What is there? One chicken dish and one steak dish...ONLY! Sigh.... No separate menu for children either. Sigh... (busily wondering why the waiter didn't point out when giving us the menus that there was only 2 options available...sigh)
- Second night we ordered the tuna. Mine was great (yay!), hubbies was awful and stringy to the point where he left most of it (sigh).
- Second day: our packet creamer in the room didn't get replaced by housekeeping. Ring reception to get some sent up. Sure, they tell me. 1 1/2 hours later, I ring reception and let them know it's not arrived yet. Huge apologies - housekeeping was asked, but hasn't done it. Receptionist brings up lots of packs, plus jug of milk - yay! 4 hours after first phone call, housekeeping arrives with our packs. Sigh.
- breakfasts were good. Complimentary offering or you can order off the menu.
- We realised we needed beach towels for our next resort. Luna said we could borrow some off her and send them back with our taxi driver. She didn't need to do that and it was greatly appreciated. THANKS, LUNA!! :D
- I got ripped shorts and Luna gave us a mini-sewing kit to use. THANKS, LUNA :D
- Room was lovely with everything you needed. Beds comfy. Aircon working. The outdoor bathroom stunning. Going to the toilet in the middle of the night and looking at the stars while wondering what bugs I just walked past = memorable. lol
- Resort has beautiful plants/setting.

So... there was the good, there was the bad but nothing ugly. Overall, service pretty much as expected when visiting a pacific island - slow with pretty slack communication. Food was so-so. Would probably eat out if we ever went back. Luna was feeling sick for most of the time we were there, so maybe the staff weren't quite onto it as much... here's hoping.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KimA500
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Well we stayed here for 5 nights from 15th to 20th April 2012 and had a spectacular holiday on the beautiful island of Apia.

The hotel was just gorgeous and it had the most spectacular of the mountains in the background, you can sit down in the bar or in the pool./outdoor area and just gaze at the natural beauty that's right there in front of you....
Luna was absolutely wonderful, attending too all our needs and the ladies who worked there were just fantastic, service was just exceptional, wonderful staff.
We also loved the outdoor bathroom, it was so refreshing especially first thing in the morning when it's so hot.,
Only downside was there wasn't hot water in the mornings every day but oh well, wasn't too big a deal. A cold shower was nice to beat the heat. We were booked on the special meal deal with 3 course dinner and it was just perfect and we absolutely loved the complimentary tropical breakfast...it hit the spot everyday before a big day of sightseeing and exploring. Oh and my hubby just loved the price of beer there, at 4.50 tala at the resort (approx. NZD2.50) I don't blame him, he was addicted to the Vailima beer (Samoas own beer). Pool was just perfect (well both pools) and the water was SO warm, I loved it!! Not too hot though but just right.

I totally recommend this place to anyone who is visiting Apia island...it was only 10tala (NZD5.50) for a taxi into the town centre and the location of resort was handy to Robert Louis Stevenson Museum which has a beatiful trek to the top and also a spectacular waterfall to swim in after. We would certainly stay here again....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows
Tanoa Tusitala Hotel
Samoan Outrigger Hotel
Saletoga Sands Resorts
Saletoga Sands Resorts
#1 of 1 in Matatufu
Taumeasina Island Resort
Sheraton Samoa Beach Resort

Been to Le Manumea Hotel? Share your experiences!