$209
$70
$59
$89
  • Breakfast included
Samoan Outrigger Hotel(Apia)(Great Value!)
$54
$59
  • Breakfast included
Samoa Tradition Resort(Apia)(Great Value!)
$93
$55
Hotels.com
$70
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Dave Parker Eco Lodge(Apia)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor bathroomrobert louis stevenson museumfiafia nightchose lemissing tilestoasttropical breakfastcultural showlovely staffclose to townlunaislandsamoatalaprivacynzheaps
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Samoa is all about relaxing and been part of a different culture. The thing I liked the most about this island is that people are still genuine and don't hate tourists yet. So when in Samoa, do as the Samoans do.

Le Manumea is great example of this. Fantastic place! Luna, the owner, is very welcoming of her guest (tourists and her own friends) and creates a good atmosphere.

I went with my partner and we enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are private and very clean. The best feature are the bathrooms, we absolutely loved the rock walls and the open ceiling.

The food was delicious and the staff were very friendly. Yes, the food takes a while to come to you, but it is the same everywhere in Samoa, you just have to relax and switch off the Big City mode.

It is located inland, but its not far at all from the main street, about 5-8 minutes drive. There are internet cafes and mini markets close by. And for us it worked perfectly because its on the way for the shortest route to the south of the island where all the best beaches are.

The price could be a bit better, so I hope Luna doesn't keep pushing prices up because then you will have to compare it to the luxurious hotels that would be better value for money.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My husband and I spent a lovely week at Le Manumea during our honey moon to Samoa! Had a fantastic stay! The rooms were cool, spacious and clean and the outdoor bathroom was an interesting and well recieved addition. Lovely showering under the stars on a warm night or during an afternoon sun shower!

Rooms were made up daily, with fresh flowers brought in from the beautifully manicured tropical gardens that surround the units - a lovely touch! Very private and quiet, relaxed surroundings, perfect for the romantic getaway! The pool, with its own waterfall was a lovely place to cool off after a day of sightseeing and the staff would happily turn on the fantastic "colour changing" pool lighting it you wished to extend your swim into the evening hours!

Breakfasts (complimentary with the room fee) were tasty and more than adequate - cereal, fresh tropical fruits, toast and eggs cooked too your liking and an assortment of juices, tea and coffee to accompany! The one evening meal that we had a the hotel was also delicious (fish of the day and the sirloin steak) and service was prompt. The staff were lovely and very welcoming and willing to go out of their way to ensure that all our needs were met! Luna was fantastic and helped us with all our requests - organising taxis, car hire and providing us with all the advice we required for travel around the island! A fantastic host she looked after us throughout the stay and ensured that our holiday was the best it could be!! Thank you Luna and the staff of Le Manumea!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SBickers
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Wow, where do we begin. After searching tirelessly online for suitable accommodation for my mother and aunt, I finally found this place after being recommended by a friend. Up until my mother and aunt had boarded their flight to Samoa, I had not found anything nice, cosy and value for money until I cam across Le Manumea. I emailed their website address and was amazed at how efficient and prompt the service was I recived. I have enquired online with other hotels and still had not heard back even though their websites stipulate within 24 hours. The lovely Tualagi Paul was so efficient she called me within hours whilst my mother was inflight to Samoa, within 15-20 minutes I had arranged a room for 5 nights thatincluded free dinner and breakfast, great concept, the Mega Special. She even arranged the Transfer to pick my mother up whom I must say, Peter (was brave to approach them especially given that my mother didn't know this was being arranged) just a wonderful example of the exceptional style and way this particular resort has gone out of their way to accomodate my mother and aunt. Truly appreciated from me in NZ an dI will certainly travel there myself to experience what my mother describes as a beautiful hidden paradise, its not just the Hotel but its people. It is hard to find this high level of service at such a great price. A wonderful relaxing environment for those travelling with parents or families. Tualagi and the staff at Le Manumea have certainly blown my mother away with their hospitality, a wondrful place to experience the lovely nature of the Samoan people, faafetai lava!

Room Tip: Call the Hotel direct to compare website prices.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Neta T
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I admire people whom do there best to run a business and offer great service and I must admit Manumea has done well for themselves. However, you should never mix business with pleasure. The owners are nice people, but drinking on site and then verbally abusing each other whilst we were trying to have our dinners in our rooms was shocking. I had two kids with me and it was disappointing. The food was fantastic, but the service was terrible...I'm refering to the time it takes to cook our meals. Our meals were almost 1 1/2 hours late..it took forever. I was happy it was absolutely delicious.
Thirdly, we did a lot of swimming and a few times we were questioned about the use of towels...you just don't do that....
Overall, the owners should not be onsite partying and serving and entertaining their friends whom don't stay on site should be secondary to entertaing and ensuring all guest are well looked after. And please no yelling and abusing each other, my kids heard all that and I'm sorry it ruined our stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank Jaxta22
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in January 2011 during the rainy tropical storm season. This hotel is an absolute gem and should not be missed!

The hotel is not located by the beach but further up in the mountains where there's a nice breeze especially during summer. A reason for me choosing this hotel, was that after the 2009 tsunami and tourists dying at some of the beach bungalow resorts, I felt like sleeping away from the beach... :-)

I am extremely glad I chose this upscale hotel. The owner, Luna, and her staff are the kindest most helpful people ever. I was travelling alone but I never once felt lonely during my stay, as Luna, her staff and her friends would always make me feel so welcome.

The first night I stayed at the hotel, Luna organized complimentary dinner for her friends and all the guests. On Friday night she had a local band playing at the hotel and everyone was eating, drinking and having fun. There was never a boring moment at the La Manumea resort. The food was excellent in the restaurant and the free breakfast every morning was good and healthy.

There's a pool at the hotel and there are only 12 rooms (6 houses with 2 rooms each). The bathrooms are outside - everything is clean and fresh. The garden is beautiful. I've never seen such a hard working staff in my life. Everything was spotless and if something needed to be tended to, this would be done immediately.

I would not recommend any other place to stay in Samoa. The hotel is just so wonderful and there are lots of excellent restaurants nearby. With a rental car you can easily go to any of the lovely beaches around Samoa.

This hotel also organizes weddings in the most beautiful surroundings. This hotel is the one I will be staying in every time I go to Samoa from now on!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo