“Fantastic spot!”

Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Upolu
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Fantastic spot!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We loved our 5 nights at the Seabreeze Resort.

The food was outstanding; especially the seafood dishes. It was very reasonably priced. During our 5 night stay, we only ate at the Seabreeze and drunk every day and night. We spent $1500 Tala on food and beverages, which is about NZ$800. We thought this was fantastic value.

Loved kayaking with glass bottom kayaks.

Chris organised us a rental car for a couple of days. This was great as we could see the island at our leisure. We got transfers to and from the airport with the Seabreeze van however, if we did it again, we would organise a rental car to pick up from airport and just have it with us the entire time. It would of worked out cheaper that way.

What stood out to us most of all, were the staff. Everyone greeted you like an old friend. Chatted with you. Laughed with you. We even got hugs from some of the staff when we left. It was like staying with family.

The rooms were sparkling clean. The hammock was wonderful for reading and afternoon naps. Pool was great and we constantly had someone asking if they could refill our drinks.

The south coast of the island is definitely the prettiest and has the best beaches.

We really can't fault our stay at the Seabreeze. Our only travellers tip would be wait for the tourist season if you want better weather and all attractions fully up and running.

A thanks to Chris, Wendy and all the staff for a wonderful time at the Seabreeze.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lornabeauchamp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
USA
Reviewed February 27, 2013

What is it that makes Seabreeze a first class small and intimate resort? The wonderful staff? The care and attention to every detail by the owners Chris and Wendy? The 5 star cuisine? The stunning beauty of the resorts and its location? The spacious cozy rooms? The refreshing pool? The reef to explore? The friendly and welcoming Samoan people? Meeting other interesting guests from around the world? The 24/7 service? Gee I just do not know. You decide by staying at this gem! The fitness center is the reef and beach!

Room Tip: Seabreeze is a destination small resort. Kick back and relax. My favorite nearby beach was Taufua. S...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NaturePhotogUSA
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed a week with my husband and loved every minute of it - .

I can tell you that I have had some great holidays and I have had some horror holidays - you know the kind...where you turn up to the hotel and its looks nothing like it did on the website or you turn on the tap and the water turns brown! - Its a running joke in our family about my bad luck during holidays, This time around I was determined to choose the right accomodation -
So naturally I emailed Wendy about a thousand times about every question you could probably ever ask and every time she was professional, friendly and welcoming.
I had a great feeling about this place and we locked in the dates.

Just before we left we recieved a email from Wendy telling us that she looked foward to seeing us. Which was a really nice.

Of course with my luck and the fact that im not easily impressed - something had to go wrong eventually right? - Not at all!

Honestly this turned out to be the best holiday of my life! It will be extremely tough for any future holiday to beat the holiday we have just had. Chris and Wendy have set the bar really high.
I cannot say enough good things about this place -

This place exceeded my expectations, Never did I think that I would actually feel sad when leaving a resort! It felt like saying goodbye to friends, The icing on the cake was when my husband told me since staying at Seabreeze for a week he felt like a new man!

Chris the Owner is very genuine and really cares about the people who stay at seabreeze -He was always on hand to answer questions and you always felt welcome.

When we arrived he showed us around - i metioned that I enjoyed reading he pointed out his library and said if I had'nt finished it by the time I leave take it with me!

What really made our holiday special was that I metioned to Chris in a passing comment that I would really like to try some traditional samoan food and to our suprise Chris arranged for the Chef to make a Samoan traditional dinner for the two of us. (Which by the way was so Yum!). This made our holiday super special - Both my husband an I were blown away by this gesture!

You could not fault the staff - They exceeded our expectations and then some! Of course we expected good service - but they really went over and above to make our stay a memorable one - For example we decided to walk out in the rain (on perphas as respite from the heat) and a passing staff member ran out to give us an umbrella - Or when the staff member saw I was relaxing on different seat at the pool and totally forgot my drink at the bar, the staff member quietly placed them next to the seat while I had another dip in the pool.It was all the little things that made it special that you would never get at a large resort.

We stayed in the Ocean view Villa 7 - it was a standalone room which had a great view but we liked it because it seemed more private, All rooms are footsteps from the pool - It was serviced every day and whatever time we ducked out for a delicious breakfast at the restaurant we also can back to a clean room. The bed was massive very comfortable and was spacious.

As for the food - Dont worry we are big eaters and the quality of the food and the portions are perfect and infact we found ourselves sharing desserts, the prices are very resonable compared to the other resorts - Compared to prices in NZ the Cocktails were inexpensive and highly recommended. Definatley try the Wood Fire Pizzas so good!

Initially we were worried about what we would do with No TV - but honestly it was not a problem and we filled out the day resting, reading, relaxing.

Also for those of you deciding where to stay - this place is the best out of all the resorts in Samoa - We had lunch at the other resorts (coconuts/Sinalei) The food and service at both places were Humdrum.

Go to seabreeze! and you will leave feeling like you have had the most wonderful special holiday.

9 Thank RFP902
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our week-long stay at the Seabreeze Resort and we have had the best holiday imaginable. For us, it was our honeymoon, so we were in the mood to relax and enjoy the place.
The owners, Chris and Wendy, will do everything they can to make sure you have the best experience possible. We sat down with Chris shortly after arriving and he organised taxis, day tours and special honeymoon treats for us - so we were able to see the beaches nearby, kayak around Paradise Cover, see all the sights around Upolu and Apia, and were made to feel very special!
Also a big thanks to the staff at Seabreeze - the boys, Matt and Johnny do all the airport transfers and conduct day tours for you, showing you anything you want to see, provide information and look after you; and the resturant staff are lovely and provide excellent service for every meal (we were very lucky to have a private dinner on our beach villa on our last night, served by Tau).
I highly recommend this place for anyone wanting a bit of R&R, or simply as a place to escape after seeing all the sights.

Room Tip: All the ocean villas are gorgeous, close-by to the pool and still have excellent views (we stayed in...
2 Thank Emma E
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have just come home from spending 5 nights at this gorgeous piece of paradise. We cannot fault the accommodation, food or staff and Wendy and Chris are the perfect hosts. Whilst there we were treated like royalty as it was our 40th wedding anniversary. On the night of our anniversary the staff surprised us with a cake and sang to us. We checked out the opposition whilst there and feel that the smaller exclusive boutique style accommodation is what we like. I treated myself to a facial and massage. The lovely Lana was extremely professional. We will definately return again. Bruce and Sue Morrison. Auckland New Zealand.

Room Tip: Villa 8 is the best
2 Thank 631Sue007
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

What an amazing place! Stayed here for 4 nights which were unequaled by any other resort for the hospitality and the resort itself. The staff were amazing and were always willing to help you out and the FiaFia Night was fantastic. I would hands down recommend this resort for anyone travelling to Samoa, who wants an unforgettable time and an amazing experience!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Arianne W
New Zealand
Reviewed January 20, 2013

All credit to the owner and his staff for rebuilding the resort after it was wiped out in the tsunami. Hopefully it is OK after the cyclone. It was ideal for us, (two retired couples) and appeared to be quite exclusive - no children evident! It was quiet and lovely. Bring books (although Chris has a supply) as no TV and it is a great place to "blob out". Lovely pool, great restaurant, and at the weekend the best ever wood fired pizzas. We were sorry to leave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends