“Lottery ticket”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Salelologa
Copenhagen
“Lottery ticket”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

Staying at the jet over is a lottery ticket – can be really good or really bad. It all depends on the mood of the management.

The first time we stayed there, everything was really good. The room, the service, all around the experience was good, so we decided to return. BIG mistake! The room was dirty (washing up from the previous guests was stacked up in the sink, bathroom was filthy, floor had not been vacuumed for weeks) and the staff were indifferent to our requests for a working television – which is a big deal to my eight-year old son – but no attempts were made to rectify.

The guests at the hotel is mainly Samoans. Every afternoon while we were staying there larger groups of Samoan nouveau riches turned up for an afternoon beer (which often turned into late night drinking). A very interesting group of very big men and women wearing large quantities of gold. All very friendly, helpful and curious towards foreigners.

Should you decide to stay at the Jetover you should note that some of the rooms have no window to the outside, but only to a narrow corridor used by the public, so curtains would have to be drawn at all times.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MetteCopenhagen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2009

We stayed at Jet Over for 5 days. Hotel frontage wasn't very promising , but we were pleasantly surprised when we got inside. Rooms were clean and the new units have a sea view. Our unit appeared very new and would benefit from finishing details such as lightening.
The restaurant kept surprising us, very reasonable prices and almost every item on the menu was available, including local lobster for about USD 15.00.
Management organization needs a review, it took several hours to check out and they had trouble to finalize the bill. A couple of glitches but overall a good choice of hotel/resort.

• Liked — Sea Views, Restaurant , friendly staff
  • Disliked — Rooms need some finishing touches, needs management review.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ATravellingKiwi
Brisbane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2008

I booked DIRECTLY with the hotel. Phone was answered by a male who wrote down my details and confirmed the dates I wanted were available. There was a communication barrier there as English was not his first language. The next day I called back to confirm that the Male had actually booked me in. There was NOTHING booked. The female then took my booking and confirmed the DATES, PRICE, METHOD of PAYMENT and TYPE OF ROOM. I repeated everything 3 times to ensure it was correct as I was very particular with what I wanted and even went as far as saying “so when I sit on the balcony all I can see is the ocean there right in front of me”? The female replied “Yes”. After reading a previous review I thought I better check again as it was school holidays so I sent an email to the hotel (Email address supplied on Samoan Tourism Authority page). The email address was NOT VALID. I had to send an email to the Samoa Hotel Association where the President of the association respond and confirmed my booking attached with an email from the owner of Jetover. It was confirmed for the third time that I would pay 120WST (Wetsern Samoa Tala) per night for a Sea View Room and Credit card facilities were available.

On arrival I noticed some rooms 2 floors up facing the fire station and thought "Lucky we haven't booked those rooms". We checked in at a little side office in the "mall" area (may have upgraded by now) The female that checked us in didn’t seem to comprehend anything we were saying and her customer service skills were appalling. She couldn't find my reservation. After looking for maybe the 4th time, she finally found it and I asked her whether it was the correct one (Sea View, 120WST etc etc) she said NO, I thought maybe a language barrier? But it was still NO. I then recalled the rooms facing the fire station and asked her to point to where we would be staying and she pointed to the rooms facing the fire station! I asked her if there was a balcony with sea view and she said YES? So we went to have a look. I didn't even step into the room because from the front door, all I could see was a tree and a fence. I later learned that if I stepped out on to the balcony and look to the far left past the trees, I would have seen the sea. I said no and was told that I they have other rooms which were brand new and haven't been used yet. Funnily enough they were SEA VIEW and NOT OBSTRUCTED SEA VIEW.

Room was GORGEOUS, Kitchen with Table 2 chairs, Microwave, Kettle, Crockery, Cutlery, Room upstairs had 2 single beds and one Queen bed, flat screen TV, Great Air Con, Beautiful Balcony with a stunning stunning view. The bathroom was VERY room with a toilet, basin and shower. It kind of looked like it was missing something or unfinished but was nice.

THE BAD: For 3 people we were only given one key. The bathroom had 1/2 toilet paper roll, a loofah and 3 x towels. Shower was cold only but advertised on internet as cold and hot water. Kitchen was crawling with ants EVERY DAY. Bathroom window with the famous Samoan Louvre’s wasn't covered with a curtain or anything but faced a cement wall and as the hotel was under construction at the time, every so often a male worker would stand right in front of that window and talk on his cell phone. We ended up having to block it with a towel. Shower was blocked when we arrived and remained that way until it was fixed 2 days later. Bathroom had no type of ventilation so once the door was closed it got EXTREMELY stuffy even with just cold water showers. Phone didn’t work, There were no Blankets or Duvets just one white linen sheet per bed so you froze with the aircon on and if you turned it off you died from the heat. The room upstairs also had a window looking out at another room? And workmen were always passing through and looking in. There was no privacy and all night a light was on that couldn’t be turned off and it shone right into our room until the morning. We complained about it but nothing was done. We stayed for 10 days and asked a staff member where we could do laundry and she told us that each person had to find somewhere to do their own. The iron received on request was an accident waiting to happen with wires sticking out everywhere. The room was not serviced or cleaned unless we asked for it to be e.g new towels and this could only happen when we were in the room because apparently we had the ONLY key to the room. We ended up having to buy our own toilet paper. The owner I guess upon realising that we were staying for 10 days (and still had a few days to go) decided that we needed to settle our accommodation bill PRIOR to check out. We were asked to attend the side office which we did. I had my credit card ready only to be told that I had to go to the Hardware store at the top of the mall where they had the credit card facilities. Now, I didn’t feel comfortable with this so I decided to pay in cash but my room rate had gone from 120WST to 180WST. Now after all that I had been through, I didn’t think so. The owner was aware that I had concerns with the booking process, check in process and every other process so decided that she would direct her conversation to my fiancé and blamed everything on the Samoa Hotel Association saying that they were being marketed incorrectly and people are assuming that it’s a 4 star hotel. After much debate where the owner spoke in the most condescending manner she decided to give me the rate that I was initially told. From that day until check out we were asked for pre-payment of all our meals which was pretty insulting. Kitchen is understaffed as there was a group of men dining on a particular night and we waited an hour and a half for our meal to arrive THEN to top it off, 2 days before we were due to leave we were advised that our room rate was INCLUSIVE of Buffet Breakfast.

The Good: The food was of a good standard ESPECIALLY the chops (perfect meal for hungry men). The Chef was a lovely Samoan man from Sydney. Kitchen staff was wonderful especially the young lady Elenise who spoke both Samoan and English fluently with impeccable customer service. Another female worker who works in the laundry was also of wonderful assistance as she helped with everything and anything and was so friendly. The Bar tender also fluent in both languages had great customer service. The pool area is GREAT and leads on to the beach. The room was beautiful, The view from the balcony was great. The location is perfect as the property is situated in town - and conveniently located directly opposite the ANZ Bank, ATM, Salelologa Markets and buses to go anywhere in Savaii.

The hotel has great potential but with only 3 people providing stellar customer service and an owner that treats guests the way she treated us, it will be hard to reach it's potential. I would still recommend this property as everything is a case by case basis and the view was just unforgettable.

• Liked — The Kitchen Staff, The balcony view (sea view apartments only), The accommodation is quite nice for the location as it's almost luxury in the heart of town
  • Disliked — The booking process, check-in process, lack of decent customer service and the treatment received from the owner
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank shinju4300

Travelers are raving about these Salelologa hotels

SOUFZID AUKZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

Arriving at Jetover Motel was very interesting, receptionist wasn't quite sure what to do so we were directed to Jetover Motel Manager whom seem to check us out throughly. After reading our confirmation letter from SAMOA HOTEL ASSOCIATION whom i made our reservation with, a quick call to the receptionist, we were escorted to our unit.

As always i checked to see if i got what i requested. I was very pleased with the spacious unit, ensuite, balcony & seaview. We found our unit to be very clean & tidy. Linen was nice & fresh. All units are upstairs so i got a nice view.

I chose Jetover Motel, due to quick stopover before heading to SAVAII LAGOON RESORT, next to bluebird mall, banks, local shops, bakery, hardware stores. Across the road was the Market & Bus stop, brought some items there. Firestation & police station was nice and close. Local people seemed alot more relaxed there too.

Went for a stroll to the wharf totally loved the seaview & meeting some of the locals. Our taxi driver was a relation of my partner who drove us up & down WESTCOAST RD. We placed our RAGLAN SURF sticker on his rear window as a gift from us lol.

Definitely going to stay at Jetover Motel on my next visit to SAVAII, MID 2008 YEE AHH!!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — cold water showers but heyy it blessing when your hot & sticky
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14 Thank pimprezz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salelologa
The Savaiian Hotel
#3 of 15 in Savai'i
Savaii Lagoon Resort
Savaii Lagoon Resort
#1 of 15 in Savai'i

Been to Jet Over Hotel? Share your experiences!