“Couldn't be better”

Lusia's Lagoon Chalets
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Salelologa
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We spent 4nights here in one of the ensuite with lagoon view. Everything was just perfect. We ate in the restaurant every night and meals were great. The staff here were the most helpful and friendliest I have ever come across. Rooms were clean and lovely cool air conditioned. We rented a car through the resort and were very happy with it. Only way to get to see beautiful Savai'i.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Talofa!!! What a stunning place to stay in a part of the world that is truly an untouched paradise. This was my first experience traveling on my own so I was a little unsure about how it would all go. The staff were absolutely amazing. They went out of there way to help, give advice, answer questions and generally just be kind and friendly. The food was great with a good range of choice. I stayed in the Lagoon Chalet so going to sleep and waking up to the sound of the lapping water was very serene. Great snorkelling and safe swimming area. Close to the markets and the ferry terminal. Even had a great night out at the local nightclub. Was a very 'zen-like' trip. I would come back.

Room Tip: If you prefer your own ensuite then don't go for the lagoon chalet. These had adequate but shar...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The location here is great. Lovely sheltered lagoon and the accommodation is set amongst the trees. Its about a 10 minute walk from the ferry terminal.
The staff are all very helpful and friendly and the food was great.
We wanted to experience a stay in a traditional style fale over the lagoon. It was what we expected and the bed was comfortable and the mosquito net kept the bugs out.
The only let down was the shared showers and toilets. These are too basic and need work. They were not always clean and the hand washing facilities need attention. As a result we both became ill and weren't the only ones.
I wouldn't book anything with shared facilities next time in Samoa

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was drawn to Lusia's Lagoon Chalet's by the reviews in TripAdvisor and I'm so glad I did this. I arrived with my pedal bike still in its packing box and Lucia arranged for it to be assembled professionally and it was a great service for a few Tala. The peace of having the quiet lagoon surrounds is incredible and makes for a great nights rest with the water lapping underneath my fale. Starting the day with a swim in the lagoon is refreshing and riding around Savai'i in the cool mornings and evenings is a great way to spend the day (it can be hot in the middle of the day if there are no breezes). Stop frequently for a cool drink at the many roadside stalls and although it takes a little longer you will find out about the real Savai'i - a warm and sweet place and people. If you're nervous about getting on a bike and travelling this way don't be, this island is totally worth it. End the day with a sumptuous meal at Lucia's and your day is complete. The staff are always welcoming and helpful - and this is what makes the difference for this accommmodation.

Room Tip: The little fales over the lagoon are a true Samoan experience; other rooms away from the lagoon have...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We just arrived home after spending a week in Samoa. We spent our last 2 nights at Lusia's Lagoon Chalets and it was the perfect way to end our trip. We had booked here last minute after a terrible experience at a hotel on another part of the island. We stayed in the main building on the second floor. Rooms are spotlessly clean with views over the lagoon. There are tea/coffee making facilities and a mini bar. The restaurant is great and serves western and local Samoan cuisine. The breakfast is also great with lots of yummy options. Now to the staff, they are so friendly and warm and even after staying just two days I was sad to say goodbye. I would highly recommend staying here and the next time I visit Savaii I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house on the second floor which had views out onto the lagoon and a veranda to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed for one night as planned. It was very hot at night. The rock pool directly behind us was awesome. My wife, my daughter and I took the kayak out which was cool. Life jackets were provided. Next time I would stay in their new air conditioned chalets. The food was excellent. Complimentary breakfast was made up of local fruit and a selection from their menu to the value of $16. The dining area had a nice and relaxing atmosphere. Staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Choose air/con
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Toaiva T
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had the best time at this amazing place! The backdrop of turquoise waters, a mixutre of fresh and salt waters was amazing! A great experience although next time I shall book a room with a fan or airconditioning as the fale on the water got too hot. Delicious food, friendly customer service and good facilities. I will stay longer next time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request room with fan or air conditioning.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiwigal76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salelologa
The Savaiian Hotel
Stevenson's at Manase
Le Lagoto Resort & Spa
Le Lagoto Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Fagamalo

Been to Lusia's Lagoon Chalets? Share your experiences!