The Savaiian Hotel was our first accomodation on our trip to Samoa. We chose it because it looked to be a reasonable price and had good reviews on most sites. We were fairly anxious about staying here as it was our first time in Samoa and generally a review of a place is only ever a reflection of a place at a certain point in time. We weren't dissapointed though.
After being ripped off by a taxi driver from Faleolo to Mulifanua and then having a bit of a hairy crossing on the ferry we were eventually picked up by one of the Gidlow brothers at Salelologa. Like all of the Gidlows, he was very personable and made a really good first impression. While very basic accomodation, it ticked all of the right boxes - great setting right by the shoreline, clean and tidy rooms with ensuites and air conditioning, friendly and helpful staff, good restaurant. The restaurant gets a double mention in this review because the food was great and extremely good value for money. I recommend ordering the oka if you're into island style raw fish, I had it almost every day I was there.
If you don't end up hiring a car (as we didn't) then the tours run by Poi and Matai'i are also recommended. I got the impression that Poi knows everybody on the island so you tend to get a bit more of an up close view of some of the attractions. A friend of mine who was in Savai'i last year said he had to pay someone to throw coconuts into the blowholes in Alofa'aga, we were able to do it ourselves.
Overall, Savai'i and the Savaiian Hotel made a very good impression and I wouldn't hesitate recommending this place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savaiian hotel offers comfortable affordable accommodation in 6 self contained units with aircon/en suite bathroom/hotwater/fridge/tea coffee/patio/kitchen facilities available as well as 5 traditional styled fales for those on a tighter budget-all fully screened with ceiling fan and en suite. We provide haven to those wanting to get away from the busy city life and you will not forget your stay in the tranquil village of Lalomalva. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Savaiian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaiian Hotel Salelologa
- Savaiian Motel Salelologa
- The Savaiian Hotel Samoa/Salelologa