All reviews swimming pool hot water great place to stay spent nights hotel grounds are breakfast was included rooms are comfortable garden bungalow fish highlight of our trip own bathroom pleasant stay local knowledge beach side double bed day tour no air con
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Checked in on the day, was meant to stay at Jetover but we needed something more private. 5mins away was paradise...exactly what we needed..peace and quiet...space and there was lots of it..beautiful Savaii. Thank you to the guys in front reception, staff in kitchen, bar, cleaners everyone you definitely have a great team of people working there...they deserve a vailima ;) thanks for making me proud once again of Samoa another beautiful resort well done x

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
cobno456, Manager at The Savaiian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Thanks Nora!
We are glad to see you were happy with our accommodation and staff:) We do try hard to ensure guests are looked after at our little place and want to thankyou again for choosing to stay with us! We hope you got to enjoy Savaii and it was a pleasure hosting you! Hope to see you again in the future.
kind regards
Team Savaiian

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

What a great place to be based when you are visiting the island of Savaii.

Located less than 15 minutes from the wharf, it is a welcome sight after a 45 minutes ferry ride from Upolu!

It's a simple location, but kept and maintained nicely. From the well manicured lawn, to the reception that opens right out to the blue ocean! Rooms are great and open with a great view of the ocean.

The bar & restaurant have quality choices to satisfy your taste buds. From the local speciality "okay and Taro Chips,to some home flavours like burger you won't be disappointed.

The pool is cute and there is a lil pier with kayaks that lead straight down to the water...or lay by the pool and sip on a pina colada!

Friendly staff and management is great. If you need people with local knowledge that will help plan your holiday tripping around the island, these are the people to talk to.

I stayed further down at a 5 star resort, however I was severely disappointed in the staff and service. I would've gladly paid what I paid at the 5 star to stay at the Savaiian.

I found the Savaiin after checking out from my resort and was trying to catch the ferry. After being dropped off to the ferry and finding we were 5 hours early, our travel agent recommended the Savaiian as a hang out.

Immediately I felt relaxed and all the stressed melted away. Thank you

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
cobno456, Manager at The Savaiian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

Thanks Seargen!
What a lovely review we are glad you enjoyed your quick stopover with us . Always welcome walkins to our restaurant and hotel!Hope you enjoyed your trip to Savaii and see you next time!

Reviewed November 25, 2017

we had a 3day break in Savvai and stayed to this place on a recommendation of a friend. Hotel grounds are beautiful. Accomodation is spacious but bit rn dow. .staff friendly and accomodating. Good place to explore Savaii. Restaurant is reasonably priced and offers a good menu. Breakfast is simple but reasonable. Got Kayaks you could hire to explore the lagoon and snorkel. Beds to me uncomfortable. If accomodation can be upgraded his place will be wonderful.

Room tip: we stayed in sea view bungalows but there is not much difference between sea view and garden view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank sisira28
Reviewed November 13, 2017

I recently stayed here for 7 nights on a holiday with my wife. Being on the cheaper side of some of the available resorts in Savaii, i was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the beach side bungalow, and while the amenities were basic and our shower went from hot to cold and hard to soft pressure consistently, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean and tidy. The pool is smallish but more than enough for a quick a dip and about 1km out from the resort is a couple of islands, with decent reef approx 100-150mtrs out from these, which are accessible via kayaks hired out from the resort. Breakfast was included in the room and consisted of fresh bread and fruit with a few different Samoan dishes inc on a few days which were fantastic, the Supoesi was certainly my favorite. We also ate dinner here for most of our nights in Savaii, which consisted of 2 rotating menus (day 1, day 2) and all the meals we had were great, (except the steak which was more of a minute steak and i believe would be better left of the menu) but the Savaiin style fish was certainly the best dish i had while on holidays, even including those from other 4-5 star resorts.

The best part of our stay here though was certainly the staff, we really felt like we were treated like family more so than guests, they were always extremely friendly and helpful at all times, from helping me with my terrible language skills, to explaining where certain sights were and other things.

On a side note, I have seen others here complain about the noise of roosters around the property, and yes i certainly heard them... However if you are not to fond of roaming animals perhaps Samoa is not the place for you (at least not outside a big resort, or Apia)

Fa'afetai tele lava to all the staff. You made our trip fantastic, and one to remember :)

Room tip: We had Air Con and Hot water. Air Con was certainly appreciated if we were there during the middle of the day.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Timeeh
Reviewed October 28, 2017

I spent two nights at the Savaiian hotel, just 15 mins drive from the Savai’i ferry wharf. The staff were very helpful and welcoming and my garden bungalow was spacious and very clean. The food in the restaurant was of an excellent quality and the free breakfast was fresh and tasty. The small pool area was a nice bonus and the gardens were well kept. The staff helped me organise a local taxi driver (Olive) to take me to nearby sites one day and they offered me advice regarding getting a bus up to the north of the island. There are local shops very near where you can buy pretty much everything and the neighbouring villages are nice to walk around. I would definitely recommend the Savaiian Hotel to anyone wishing to explore that part of Savai’i and would stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2017