“Wonderful place, awesome people!!”
Review of The Savaiian Hotel

The Savaiian Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salelologa
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed for a week and it was one of the most relaxing weeks I spent. The staff were awesome and couldn't have been friendlier. The owner even lent me his fishing gear!
Meals are fantastic and all freshly cooked to order.
I am planning on coming back very soon to show my mother the beautiful Savaii! We will certainly be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Dmorley1978

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We booked the Savaiian Hotel as our place to stay while in Savaii for our Friends wedding, it was 40 minutes away from the wedding venue, but well worth the experience.... We had great service, comfortable room, unfortunately only a fan and not air conditioning... (next time we are there that option will change), the breakfast menu was lovely, it satisfied me during our time there, however my daughter and husband opted to add in Scrambled eggs on toast, and a Big Savaiian Breakfast, on a couple of days while we were there... the dinner meals were great, we were able to pre-order dinner before we went out for the day, and give them a time that we would be back, so when we arrived at that time, dinner was ready, hot and waiting... great service, and excellent quality of food.
Sitting by the pool side on a hot day, lapping up the sun and breeze, it was great to have a bar onsite, where we enjoyed the scenery while sipping on a vailima and pina colada.... I would definitely go back to the Savaiian Hotel if I was in Savaii again...
thank you for the great experience and hospitality....

Room Tip: When booking, make sure to get air conditioning in your room....
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kura N
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were visiting family in Palauli and chose to stay in a hotel since the family is very, very large. The Savaiian Hotel was close enough to family and priced right. That's all we were looking for, but overall we were pleased with our stay. Our room was clean, though I think the shower needed some attention. The view was beautiful, the staff was friendly and professional, and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed their spaghetti and their fries are delicious. We will definitely stay there again the next time we are blessed to visit Samoa.

I agree that Savai'i is the more beautiful of the islands of Western Samoa. I loved Upolu since we also have family in Apia, but Savai'i is GORGEOUS!

Room Tip: I'm glad we upgraded to a room with A/C!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Savaiian Hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for value-for-money accommodation on Savaii. Our bungalow was clean and had adequate facilities (such as a hot shower and WiFi) for our holiday, which combined business with pleasure.
The newly landscaped swimming pool was excellent, and the staff were very friendly and efficient. Our breakfasts and dinners, taken in the beautiful dining/reception area with stunning views out over the ocean, were excellent. If we ever return to Savaii we will stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Book well ahead and ask for an ocean view bungalow.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We choose to saty at the Saviian because it had good travel advisor. Apart from the fabulous dinners we were dissapointed with the Savaiian. Neither of our room were very clen the showers neede a good scrub amd our hot water stopped working so they moved us rooms we finally had hot water but we had to take the filter out of the a/c to get it to work effciently. If you can do not use their taxi driver ask them to call another one or can you use their shuttle. When taking money out always change it in to smaller currency as the taxi drivers never seem to have change and it will start costing alot of money. The saviian has nice grounds and a lovley pool and a beautiful main fale. Olivia was very helpful as were the other girls. TIP: Hire a car in savaii you'll enjoy it more and thet way you can stop at all the great places savaii has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
cobno456, Manager at The Savaiian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Talofa Heidi
Thankyou for your review of our property and for staying with us recently. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our meals and friendly service.

We do apologize that you did not find our accommodation up to scratch. We have informed our housekeeping department to be more vigorous with the aircon filters and thankyou for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry we had to move you to a different room as we had expressed to you on the day. As you were made aware, the hot water system for the room you were in for some reason stopped working in the middle of your stay, despite our own mechanics looking at this we were unable to identify the fault . Unfortunately, Savaii has no private gas technicians nor plumbers. These service men must be obtained from Apia (Upolu island) and we are at the mercy of their timetables which at the best, will be a next day call out. We did our very best to try to make your stay comfortable despite this unforeseen problem with the hotwater which has now been rectified.

We hope you enjoyed your stay in Savaii and hope this minor hiccup did not distract from your visit!
regards
Team Savaii

Reviewed September 11, 2013

First of all, if you go to Western Samoa - make it a must to go to the island of Savai'i. This is the most beautiful island of Samoa and, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful in the South Pacific. I preferred to be in Savai'i more than I did on the main island of Upolu and have made it a priority to go there when I visit Samoa.

The Savaiian Hotel was very nice to stay at! I enjoyed pretty much what I was able to experience as I spent a lot of time out scampering around the island. However, when at the hotel, my room was very comfortable, the people were welcoming and completely surprised me when they saw my last name and clearly remembered my parents who had been there a year before me. I was impressed!

I liked the stay and found it to be value worth what my plan was for on the island.
Thanks to the Savaiian!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank AlexNRP069
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We choose to stay at a less costly hotel on Savaii as we had done the resort stay in Upolo at Sinalie Reef resort. However we were not disappointed as the Savaiian Hotel was very comfortable and the staff very friendly. A beautiful refreshing swiming pool and free Kayaks to explore the lagoon. There is not beach but we had that at Sinalie on the main land. The Kayaking can not be done 1 hr either side of low tide but that was fine. Definately kayak out to the two small islands. Take your mask and snorkel as there is a pole you can tie up to then have a swim around and see fish. The food was great and staff go out of their way to provide. (we felt like eggs one morning but unbeknown to us they had run out so they sent someone off to get some!) Wondered why it took 20 mins to boil a couple of eggs! You can not go to Samoa and expect the Western pace of life. For one thing the heat slows you down but its a good thing as it makes you not try and do too much and relax. We opted for a 1/2 day tour instead of renting and were not disappointed. We had the tour guide to ourselves! We swam with the turtles and stood on the famous Lava flow. We even opted to pay an extra 10 Tala and have lunch in a beach side fale looking out at the beautiful beach. We flew to Savaii from domestic airport in Apia on a little 4 seater Cesna plane - you only get charged per kg For us two and 1 bag it only ended up costing $167 NZ a bargin to see the two islands from the air! We got the 2pm ferry back before having to leave lovely Samoa. Our flight left at 10.15 pm so went to Aggie Grey Lagoon resort had a drink and swam at beach then had dinner there then got their shuttle (15tala each) to airport. No stress lots of fun. Fa'afetai Savaiian Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salelologa
Amoa Resort
#1 of 4 in Salelologa
Savaii Lagoon Resort
Savaii Lagoon Resort
#1 of 15 in Savai'i

Been to The Savaiian Hotel? Share your experiences!