See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went to this beach fales second time, and again it was really nice. We live in Samoa and tried a lot of beach fales, did not come across any better so far (in the same price range). First of all they have chairs on the beach - which are covered with the shadows of umbrella and palm trees, so even in the middle of the day you can stay on the beach and enjoy the view - this is a rare luxury, as other beach fales don't have any trees or furniture on the beach, and if you can't stand sun for too long, you can only hide in your fale. For me, breastfeeding mother, this was a very useful feature. Baby stayed on the beach in his carrier, and I could feed him in those chairs and go back to the sea when he was asleep. It is also safe for toddlers, and staff are very toddler-friendly.
If you are staying there for the first time you may think that the food is quite simple or not enough. But trust me in many other places food is no where close to these fresh and cooked right before serving meals provided by Vacations Beach Fales.
One night we came way after the dinner was finished and yet the staff saved it for us, and it was hot!
I would love to stay in a fale, but its quite hard with two little children so we booked a cottage, and it was perfect for us. There is also a self-contained unit available (with AC etc).
we really loved the place. Safe swimming for kids, beautiful beach, really cozy with all those trees, fresh food and friendly stuff.
I would not go anywhere else in Manase. Good luck!

Room Tip: ask for the fale in the front
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Nadya V
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went for 2 nights and stayed 12. I don't know about these other reviews, but we had a wonderful time there. $180 SAT a night which was just right. The staff were fantastic, couldn't do enough for you, just ask. The food was terrific, and plenty of it, just ask if you want more. Secure at night, with comfortable and clean Fales with beds and thick matresses and 2 amenities blocks which were cleaned numerous times a day which were spotless. Terrific beach, nice and shady location , great deck over the water with many turtles each afternoon right off the beach. Take your own snorkel gear. We used it as a home base which was perfect for us. Lovely villiage, friendly people with free bananas for the tourists. Seemed to take pride in their villiages of Manase and Avao and fagamolo. Close to dive savaii, which is a must do snorkelling and diving. The walk to Aunty Pussi's for an icecream each night after dinner is a must do. Will be going again.. See you next year

Room Tip: go the fales near the eating area..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank petebron
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a fabulous time here we got what we paid for budget accommodation and facilites...
This is not a resort but more of a backpackers stop over for the night which our family did... the food was yummy for the amount we paid great value... :)

Room Tip: Beachview side peaceful and view is great
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Manix_12
Reviewed July 7, 2012

First time at Vacations, it was ok but when you've stayed at better beach fales it's hard to rate this place highly. Service was ok but some of the staff didn't look approachable (the lady at the front desk was very nice though) and the bathrooms were a bit of a let down. There was only one indoor shower so I ended up using the outdoor showers and the women's toilets were out of order for most of our stay. There was another bathroom on the other side of the dining room, thankfully. Dinner was ok, breakfast was average. Manase beach is beautiful though and this was the highlight. I look forward to visiting Savaii again but I don't think I'll go back to Vacations. I had high hopes after hearing good things, but it wasn't as good as I expected.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ttpritch
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as the beach was really nice as were the fales. But the staff really couldn't care if you had a good stay here or not really. It was obvious that the owners are not on sight as the staff do as little as they can possibly get away with. The food was ok, but they served mainly Western food and as I was in Samoa I wanted to eat like the locals but that option wasn't available. The bar shut at 7:30pm both nights we were there as soon as food was served and cleared without warning so we were just left on the deck with a group of friends drinkless each night. But the fales as mentioned before, the views and the beach is what gives this places by 'average' score, if it was down to the place itself it would have been a lot less. Shame really because if they made the effort this place could be very special.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple