$118
$104
$147
  • Breakfast included
Lusia's Lagoon Chalets(Salelologa)(Great Value!)
$61
Bayview Resort(Savai'i)(Great Value!)
$67
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Savaiian Hotel(Salelologa)(Great Value!)
$57
Priceline
$229
$219
  • Pool
Aganoa Lodge Samoa(Salelologa)
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsincluded breakfast and dinnersandfalesamoasinglessurf
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed at Vacations for 3 nights for a short holiday with my mum. What a lovely place! Definitely one of the best holidays i've had lately.

Before we went, mum was apprehensive in sleeping in a fale so we had the bungalow. Very clean, with en-suit toilet and shower. The fales are very nice too, breezy and tidy - will definitely have a go next time when I visit. Sleep can be a bit difficult, because you're right by the beach, and the sound of waves need some getting use to. Elsie and her staff are kind and friendly, we got on very well with the girls there. They love to have a good laugh and to get to know you if you just talk to them.

The beach is gorgeous, and water is beautiful and warm. Snorkeling is great! You just have to swim out a bit to find the reef and corals. If you're adventurous and have good fins, go beyond the reef for some amazing views of the canyon and wonderful marine creatures. Get down to Falagamo and check out the dive shop there. Apart from the PADI courses and dive trips, they run a really good snorkeling trip for 60tala, where they take you on the boat to a few great snorkeling/diving sites.

The food here is good - however some traditional Samoan food would be much appreciated. Mum is a vegetarian, and the kitchen accommodated her. If you can, stay for the Sunday feast after church service - heard wonderful things about it, too bad we didn't have time.

I had such a lovely time here, it was simply too short and too perfect to finish! The people are wonderful and really go out their ways to make your stay more enjoyable. I will definitely return to this place, and recommend it to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2012

A friend and I spent 7 days at this resort on Manase Beach. If you have any respect for companion animals avoid this resort and Samoa.
Although most of the meals were ok, some were pretty awful. The female chef insisted on putting a lot of chilli in the evening meals even after I asked for less to be used and at that time we were the only guests. We would have liked more tropical fruit, Little was served.
The fales are ok, the beach lovely to look at but not a good swimming beach, The best swimming and snorkelling is at Le Lagoto, an upmarket resort not far away.
This resort insisted on us paying cash on check in for our whole stay . This is highly unusual and we felt not good business practice.

Room Tip: All fales are close together so there is very little privacy. Sleep was difficult due to the sea proximity. Effective ear plugs were necessary and I had forgotten to take them.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnimalLoverCaryl
Reviewed April 11, 2012

A wonderful family break in authentic fales on a beautiful lagoon. Every tala spent here benefits the local community directly. The food is also excellent.
I cannot understand the negative reviews as everyone was so open and honest and above all devout. Please be culturally sensitive here: this is a unique spot to be treasured. We would return in a flash.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank RoseannM
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Ok, truth be known I was quite apprehensive about staying in a beach fale - no windows, no walls, no ensuite - you get the picture! Now........ I can't stop raving about Vacations Beach Fales at Manase! It was so basic (exactly what you see in the pictures on their website) and that was the fantastic thing. The showers are cold but you get used to them. The kids swam forever and loved looking for crabs in the beautiful white sand while the adults had cocktails delivered to us on the beach. The service was fantastic and we loved that dinner was included (which was substantial and very tasty). Any future holidays in Samoa will be spent here for sure. Forget Apia, get off the plane, hire a car and head straight to Vacations at Manase!

Room Tip: You can't beat the beachfront fales - be daring and sleep with the blinds up to let the gentle ocean breeze in.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank GotaBigFamily
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Positives:
Very nice set up and there's a store right outside, which is handy.
Many other resorts nearby. Go to Lagoto's, 3-4km down the road, for a great bar and restaurant. Jane's Beach Fales also has a beach bar about 100 metres down the beach from here as well.
The local village had lots of free bananas hanging up by the roadside. Tasty!
Mt Matavanu crater is nearby, but be warned, it's quite a trek if you don't have a car (we were on bikes), and the 4wd track to it is steep and rocky.

Negatives:
Staff need better training on how to deal with tourists with a smile.
Staff neglected to tell us about the strong currents in the lagoon, and we even asked them if there were any. This is bordering on criminal neglect in our humble opinion.
Expensive sunnies taken from my fale while I slept. A little disconcerting. Staff didn't want to know, they got very defensive and then dismissive.
Manase is a bit desolate, they don't seem to be getting the tourists into the area.
I'd stay at Lagoto's next time I'm in this general area, which is a little way out of Manase.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends