We booked for four nights thinking we might run out of things to do but looking back I could have easily stayed twice as long. The environment at the resort is pleasant and relaxing. One slows down to the pace that family life should be and life becomes simple - swimming, snorkeling, walking, reading, laughing, eating.
Savaii takes only four hours to drive around and there are many activities around the island. Hiring a car is a good option. The coast roads on Savaii are narrow but are sealed with little traffic and as long as you drive to the slow speed limits (e.g. 25mph) it's very safe. Signposting is not good and sometimes it is hard to find places. Next time I think I'll take a guided tour to the places I could not find.
We found the managers Christoph and Patricia friendly and helpful.
December is a hot time of year in Samoa but as long as you can swim and have some air flow air for sleeping at night then it does not take long to acclimatize. No need for air con, the ceiling fans are fine. The first few nights I had some of the best sleeps I've had for a long time, with the faint roar of the Pacific's waves on the outer reef.
The tropical breakfasts were very nice, just the right amount with a range of extras e.g. eggs, etc available if you need them. Christoph cooks some tasty dishes and I'm sad we didn't stay longer to try more of them - there's always next time.
The rooms were cleaned daily fairly and were hygienic but could do with a periodic deep clean as there is a grime and dust buildup in some places e.g. doors and window sills, which is not a good look.
Cats howling all night during the last two nights were annoying. There appeared to be at least 3 adult cats and a number of half grown kittens. Christoph reckoned only one cat belonged to them but it must be a concern to the resorts and the rich local wildlife, if they are allowed to breed.
Considering the overall pleasantness of stay I think it is good value and I'd like to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort situated on a beautiful sandy beach surrounded by a lagoon with sparkling clear warm waters, safe for snorkeling and swimming. Bungalows are self contained with some cooking facilities, catering for families, singles or couples. All have outdoor showers enclosed within the bungalow to enable you to have a shower under the stars. Restaurant is on the beach also for those pina coladas or cold beers while you watch the magical sunsets for which this area is renowned.resort has a glass bottom boat and fishing charters with fishing gear provided operating from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Savaii Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaii Lagoon Hotel Savai`i
- Savaii Lagoon Savai i
- Savaii Lagoon Resort Samoa