We stayed at Savaii Lagoon Resort in late May 2008 (yes, awhile ago, but I'm researching our next S Pac trip which prompted me to write this review!). Our stay was 3 nights, the bungalow was fine. Very stark -- bright white interior, with harsh flourescent lighting -- but quite OK considering the heat. Bedside lamps with warm flouro bulbs would be a massive boost to comfort, though.
The bungalows are truly beachfront and the beach is meticulously groomed every morning. The resort caters to simple needs; breakfast is fruit and some bread and toppings. The kitchenette was handy although our self-catered meals during our time on Savaii were basic of necessity. Le Lagoto's restaurant/bar next door was a real god send.
Our stay was impacted by a large and fairly noisy family group. Not that they were doing anything inappropriate, but the jaw-by-cheek proximity of the bungalows and necessity to keep windows open meant we were subject to every detail of their mealtime discussions and evening activities. Something to keep in mind if you are seeking a quiet retreat.
We loved walking around the bay in the evening; the resort in in the midst of a village and a quiet stroll provides a real lesson in Samoan daily life. Next time on Savaii we would probably bypass Savaii Lagoon and check out Stevenson on Manase's beach villas, on the opposite side of the bay. From the vantage of kayaks (rented from nearby) they looked great -- very Samoan and 'beachy'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort situated on a beautiful sandy beach surrounded by a lagoon with sparkling clear warm waters, safe for snorkeling and swimming. Bungalows are self contained with some cooking facilities, catering for families, singles or couples. All have outdoor showers enclosed within the bungalow to enable you to have a shower under the stars. Restaurant is on the beach also for those pina coladas or cold beers while you watch the magical sunsets for which this area is renowned.resort has a glass bottom boat and fishing charters with fishing gear provided operating from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Savaii Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaii Lagoon Hotel Savai`i
- Savaii Lagoon Savai i
- Savaii Lagoon Resort Samoa