At the beginning of June we left the New Zealand winter for a week at Savaii Lagoon Resort, exactly 2 years since we were there last.
The warmth of the Samoan weather and ocean were matched by the welcome of the delightful owners Margaret and Bruce. Margaret is the consummate host, always ensuring the happiness and comfort of her guests. Bruce is irrepressible in his enthusiasm to build and improve the resort. We are looking forward to the opening of 'Dave's Place', the floating bar Bruce will build in front of the restaurant.
The accommodation is simple but comfortable and very clean. The open roofed showers are a delight.
The food is also simple, (the dinner menu changes daily), and utilises fresh ingredients from the surrounding villages and of course the ocean. In terms of quality the food is good and tasty.
One of the highlights of our week at the resort was the Fiafia night put on by the resort’s own staff. Their pride in their culture was very evident and authentic.
Savaii Lagoon Resort is the ideal place to unwind and forget the pressures of home. A must do is to hire snorkel gear to explore the myriad of tropical fish in the coral reef directly in front of the resort. The gear can be hired from the dive shop, run by a German couple, just across the road from the resort. The shop also runs snorkel and scuba tours for the more adventurous.
The resort also has a couple of kayaks for use, although they are looking a bit worn. However given the heat, our preference was to spend more time in the water rather than on it.
Sipping a pre dinner Tropicana cocktail, watching as the sun sank slowly behind the horizon, became a daily ritual for us, and is but one of the great memories we will take from this place.
We are definitely going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort situated on a beautiful sandy beach surrounded by a lagoon with sparkling clear warm waters, safe for snorkeling and swimming. Bungalows are self contained with some cooking facilities, catering for families, singles or couples. All have outdoor showers enclosed within the bungalow to enable you to have a shower under the stars. Restaurant is on the beach also for those pina coladas or cold beers while you watch the magical sunsets for which this area is renowned.resort has a glass bottom boat and fishing charters with fishing gear provided operating from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Savaii Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaii Lagoon Hotel Savai`i
- Savaii Lagoon Savai i
- Savaii Lagoon Resort Samoa