Look I'll be honest, this is not a bad hotel. The rooms are spacy and well appointed, they're ensuite with what pretends to be an outdoor shower (but the mosquito covering means you might as well be inside as you can't see the promised stars). The resort is clean and has a reasonable beach.
This is not however deserving of its rave reviews - it's epically over priced (although this isn't that unusual for Samoa) and the restaurant is desperate considering the massive price. They have a good policy of local and fresh which I admire but the chefs are young and inexperienced based on the poor food they're producing. Very disappointing for the price. Breakfast was equally poor - the fruit plate was brown bananas, 2 tiny pieces of watermelon and some unrecognisable and inedible white fruit. I love fruit and general devour it so for me not to like it is saying something.
The reef off the beach is marked as a non fishing zone which is good and the reef is accessible at all but low tide. However it is an unremarkable coral area with little diversity. This is not uncommon in Samoa but in comparison to to those in nearby Fiji the reefs are disappointing.
Personally I don't think the hotel is worth the price tag, but it is better than most you'll find on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort situated on a beautiful sandy beach surrounded by a lagoon with sparkling clear warm waters, safe for snorkeling and swimming. Bungalows are self contained with some cooking facilities, catering for families, singles or couples. All have outdoor showers enclosed within the bungalow to enable you to have a shower under the stars. Restaurant is on the beach also for those pina coladas or cold beers while you watch the magical sunsets for which this area is renowned.resort has a glass bottom boat and fishing charters with fishing gear provided operating from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Savaii Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaii Lagoon Hotel Savai`i
- Savaii Lagoon Savai i
- Savaii Lagoon Resort Samoa