“fantastic beach”
Review of Janes Beach Fales

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Savai'i
Janes Beach Fales
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Savai'i
Adelaide, Australia
“fantastic beach”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I will say upfront i didn't stay at Janes but went on a couple of day trips to hang out with friends staying at Janes Beach Fales.
Manase is a beautiful beach, with good snorkelling,
Janes has beautiful soft grass around the fales, and down towards the beach. Fales have a bright festive colour scheme. It's a good place to socialise and party, A good bar, that serves until late.
Once the bar closes the migration to drinking at the fales and on the beach starts. If you have single girls with you they may get a bit over the attention partic. at night. But it never felt unsafe.
The fales my friends were staying in were kept nice & clean despite Some of them looking a bit run down & in need of repair.
There were quite a few return guests, and it was quite busy. could do with more ammenities for crowds this size.
Would definitely go back for day trips. Staff were friendly to guests but a bit indifferent to day trippers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bkx

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We as a family of 4 stayed in two fales in april .

Pros.
cool fales can sleep inside or out on the deck
nice grass every where
good snorkeling
great way to meet other travelers with communal eating
friendly nice atmosphere
best value for money

Cons
parts of fales could do with some work

Would we return? Yes ,4 nights would be long enough ,its quite budget.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank craigandlizzie
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Janes has some very cute but Kitsch beach fales. The fales shift away from the thatched traditional fales they are constructed from wood and are painted in a bright pink and yellow. Unfortunately the owners have gone a bit nuts building accommodation and have cut down all the palm trees which use to shade the property. The beach is beautiful and provides hours of entertainment and relaxation. The food is pretty terrible, I would suggest you stay in this basic accommodation and splash out with some decent meals up at Le Lagoto.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Holly P
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have just returned from staying at Janes Beach Fales - my second time there. I want to say a BIG thank you to the staff there for their kindness and helpfulness - I was really sick on arrival with acute bronchitis which started on the plane journey. Unfortunately I had not brought any medication with me as I am really prone to getting this. The staff especially Petina were so wonderful to me and looked after me until I could visit a Doctor at the Hospital in the next village - which was a drama for me as he is only there once a week so I had to wait for 5 days before I could see him. A HUGE thank you to all of you. The really downside of all this was that for the 3 weeks that I was there I couldn't swim - which I missed terribly as the beach is THE best in Savaii - probably the whole of Samoa. Never mind I will make up for it next time I stay there-I won't be out of the water all day! Am looking forward to my next holiday at Janes next year - this time I am staying for 2 months.

Room Tip: The self contained units are well worth the extra SAT20.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank judy071
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

the beach is great but the food and service was terrible. When we went out we found someone in our room with a bad excuse why they were there and you cant lock your room although it would be easy for them to have padlocks or something. They told us they had towels but we had to ask for them and they gave us a bunch that were not folded or anything and not very clean. We caught someone in the middle of the night reaching over to take things from our balcony as well. The cocktails were cheaper than other places ($15) but made with mixers and not very nice and the food gave us all tummy upsets. We tried to feed some sausage to the cat but it would not even eat it! Location is really very nice but far if you want a local shop or other place to eat you have to drive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sammy O
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I (6 adults & 3 children) stayed at Jane's Beach Fale's from Dec 26th 2012 for 3 nights. We were all pleasantly pleased with our beach fales. The bar was very accommodating and opened as long as we were buying. The fales, toilets and bathroom were very clean. We found our meals plentiful and delicious. English was not a problem with the staff serving us. The view and the actual beach is something beyond amazing. The staff were very accommodating and lovely. Would definitely stay there again and highly recommend to others for a unique island experience. If you are looking for aircon or a pool, best to book into an actual hotel or resort. We met up with some friends staying in Tanu beach fale's next door and in comparison we were in luxury and they booked into Jane's Beach Fale's the very next day. Savaii is simply a beautiful island and so much to do there and good for those who like exploring.

Room Tip: Amazing beach views from the front fales. Awesome sunset and sunrise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mari_Lina2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed December 28, 2012

JANES at Manase is absolutely fabulous. The self contained units - only 3 of them - are just gorgeous. Clean and very comfortable - worth the extra SAT$20 compared to a beach fale. The food is basic but O.K. Staff are friendly and helpful. Best beach in Savaii. Absolute heaven. I have stayed here twice and am going there for 3 weeks in March and for 2 months 2014. Have stayed in most Resorts in Fiji (Mana Island the best or Blue Lagoon) but Janes is even better than these.especially for the price.

Room Tip: Book a self contained unit - which has your own shower and toilet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo