“BEST PLACE IN SAMOA”
Review of Janes Beach Fales

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Savai'i
Janes Beach Fales
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Savai'i
Auckland, New Zealand
“BEST PLACE IN SAMOA”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have just returned from staying at Janes Beach Fales - my second time there. I want to say a BIG thank you to the staff there for their kindness and helpfulness - I was really sick on arrival with acute bronchitis which started on the plane journey. Unfortunately I had not brought any medication with me as I am really prone to getting this. The staff especially Petina were so wonderful to me and looked after me until I could visit a Doctor at the Hospital in the next village - which was a drama for me as he is only there once a week so I had to wait for 5 days before I could see him. A HUGE thank you to all of you. The really downside of all this was that for the 3 weeks that I was there I couldn't swim - which I missed terribly as the beach is THE best in Savaii - probably the whole of Samoa. Never mind I will make up for it next time I stay there-I won't be out of the water all day! Am looking forward to my next holiday at Janes next year - this time I am staying for 2 months.

Room Tip: The self contained units are well worth the extra SAT20.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank judy071

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

the beach is great but the food and service was terrible. When we went out we found someone in our room with a bad excuse why they were there and you cant lock your room although it would be easy for them to have padlocks or something. They told us they had towels but we had to ask for them and they gave us a bunch that were not folded or anything and not very clean. We caught someone in the middle of the night reaching over to take things from our balcony as well. The cocktails were cheaper than other places ($15) but made with mixers and not very nice and the food gave us all tummy upsets. We tried to feed some sausage to the cat but it would not even eat it! Location is really very nice but far if you want a local shop or other place to eat you have to drive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sammy O
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I (6 adults & 3 children) stayed at Jane's Beach Fale's from Dec 26th 2012 for 3 nights. We were all pleasantly pleased with our beach fales. The bar was very accommodating and opened as long as we were buying. The fales, toilets and bathroom were very clean. We found our meals plentiful and delicious. English was not a problem with the staff serving us. The view and the actual beach is something beyond amazing. The staff were very accommodating and lovely. Would definitely stay there again and highly recommend to others for a unique island experience. If you are looking for aircon or a pool, best to book into an actual hotel or resort. We met up with some friends staying in Tanu beach fale's next door and in comparison we were in luxury and they booked into Jane's Beach Fale's the very next day. Savaii is simply a beautiful island and so much to do there and good for those who like exploring.

Room Tip: Amazing beach views from the front fales. Awesome sunset and sunrise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mari_Lina2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed December 28, 2012

JANES at Manase is absolutely fabulous. The self contained units - only 3 of them - are just gorgeous. Clean and very comfortable - worth the extra SAT$20 compared to a beach fale. The food is basic but O.K. Staff are friendly and helpful. Best beach in Savaii. Absolute heaven. I have stayed here twice and am going there for 3 weeks in March and for 2 months 2014. Have stayed in most Resorts in Fiji (Mana Island the best or Blue Lagoon) but Janes is even better than these.especially for the price.

Room Tip: Book a self contained unit - which has your own shower and toilet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank judy071
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Janes is an excellent place to stay on a budget. I stayed for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. For the price you really can't get any better. The fale was right on the beach and was clean with a modicum of privacy (walls that go half way up!), it was simple and comfortable. Like with most shared bathrooms in Samoa there was no shower head on the shower but just a pipe out of the wall.
Breakfast and dinner were included and is a great way to meet other travellers. The beach bar was really good and is frequented by locals on the weekend who seem to have the knack of playing well on the decrepit pool table!
There are other fales along the beach but Janes seemed to me to be the best with its beach front rooms and bar.

Room Tip: get a fale on the beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mingalablah
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My partner and I stayed 5nights at Janes and we could not have asked for a better priced and beautiful place to stay. We booked online to stay at the Savaiian Hotel which received great reviews, however we found the TOTAL opposite so we left the next day and found Janes. For $70 tala per person a night including breakie and dinner its fantastic!! We had a wonderful breakfast normally eggs toast and 2 fruits and than a massive dinner which changes every night and can cater for the biggest appetite. We also found the staff very friendly and helpful calling taxis and opening the bar so we could grab drinks when it wasn't open. It is the most beautiful beach friendly staff and we will be back next year. :)

Room Tip: Go the beach fale its not only cheaper the shared toilets and bathrooms are always clean so deferent...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SMT26
Tasman
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Over a four night stay, we really enjoyed our stay here with a beach fale right beside the beach. The style they offer is waht is known as a closed fael which gives you a private room and a covered balcony facing the beach.

Lovely lagoon to snorkle although it was a bit windy and there was a slight current running so you had to be careful to not to get dragged out to the reef but quite easily kept under control as long as you were aware.

Food was quite good with quite a lot of variety. The village provides hands of bananas which hang along the roadside opposite the main road and are free to take.

Good bar serving cocktails and beer and wifi internet through the local Samoan Lavaspot (18ST for one hour and you can log in and out at will). Met lots of interesting travellers at mealtime from Germany, Switzerland, Japan and NZ.

I was sick with a viral flu which I brought from NZ for a couple of days and Penina, the owner was very caring and kind. Thanks Jane's Beach Fales for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: All along the beach front are the best rooms. If you want a quieter time, choose a fale at the easte...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple