“Wonderful, friendly and relaxing”

Le Lagoto Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Savai'i
Dargaville, New Zealand
“Wonderful, friendly and relaxing”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived here after 4 nights at Aggie Greys Resort. When we walked in we thought "thank goodness - this is what we were after for a tropical holiday". The grounds are beautiful, the fales right on the beachfront and the snorkeling directly out in front of our room. The beach was lovely and people actually swam in it! I liked the general decor and layout - while our rooms weren't ultra flash they were nicely decorated in the Samoan style and very comfortable. The food was vastly superior to that at Aggies and better value for money. Staff were also very helpful and friendly. I think the overall feeling is one of complete relaxation in a beautiful location. If we were to go back again we would stay here the entire trip with maybe a night at each end on the other island close to the airport.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are better than the back ones - loved having our own balcony overlooking the se...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RaccaTK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Initially we were supposed to only stay one night as a stop over, but as soon as I walked into the foyer and then my room - I picked up the phone and booked another night. I would have loved to book more nights but alas our schedule wouldn't allow it!

Right from our arrival to our departure, I was thoroughly impressed and very happy with every aspect of our stay. Great detailed rooms, clean, friendly and helpful staff, delicious food (so much better than on the main island Upolu) and views to die for. The overall whole feel and look of the hotel was clean and welcoming.

Our three children aged from 7-13 really enjoyed the stay there with swimming every day both in the pool and the beach which was literally only a few steps away. They enjoyed the fia fia night, the food, snorkeling, kayaking, swimming, eating delicious pizza on the beach from the awesome little pizzeria across the road (that also deliver straight to your hotel room).

I have based my rating on how our whole family felt whilst staying there and the comfort level.

I am happy that we found a jewel of a place tucked away in beautiful Savai'i. This hotel is a keeper and we will definitely be returning when visiting Samoa again. Worth the ferry trip!

Room Tip: Every room is great as each fale is not in view of each other. Each fale has their own deck that ove...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cherish S
Auckland
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We travelled as a family of 6, kids aged 8 & 10 as well as the in-laws. The resort is simply beautiful in every way, from the rooms to the pool to the dining room. It caters for all ages and when you arrive you will soon realise you've discovered, A little piece of Paradise.
The staff have a very high attention to detail and nothing is too difficult. We had a few issues with the toilet and shower but the staff fixed the problems immediately. The food is of a good quality and plentiful but both food & drinks reflect resort pricing. There is a good pizza place across the road, well priced and they’ll deliver it to the resort too. The beach has great snorkelling, swimming but I would recommend bringing your own snorkelling gear.
We loved the resort and loved the atmosphere the owners and staff have created. If you're looking for a relaxed holiday, whether it’s by the pool or the beach with a book or a vailima. Then this is the place for you. Thank you for a lovely holiday Le Lagoto!

P.S Enjoy happy hour and the local Vailima beer!

Room Tip: Try and stay in Fale tasi (1) as you can watch the kids from your fale in the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1Stylie1
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at le lagoto for 3 nights and had a great time. The staff were all very friendly and so willing to go out of their way to make sure we had a great stay (thanks for the happy birthday serenade and THANK YOU for fixing our flat tyre!!) and very helpful with advice on where to go around the island. The Fale was well equiped and beautiful with traditional wood architecture. The sound of the palm trees on the roof took a little bit of getting used to but was like being in a boat and quite soothing after a while.
Beach and pool were nice, and although some of the coral on the reef outside was a bit dead (still much better than any snorkelling on the other island and many other places in the Sth Pacific I have visited) there were SO MANY beautiful amazing fish- only a few meters from our front door!! The water was clear and calm, and the deep trench made it great swimming no matter what the tide was. I would recommend taking your own snorkell and goggles as the resort doesn't have any to lend to guests and hiring from the dive shop across the road is expensive for the quality they have.
Food at the resort was great and we also really loved the pizza place across the road. Checked out the menu at the neighbouring resort but we gave it a miss as it was more limited and more expensive.
The massage I had at the spa here was the best I have ever had (and trust me I've got plenty to compare it to) and my feet still look gorgeous even 3 weeks after my pedi. The girls were lovely!

Room Tip: Go beachside- it's worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MissLizzy77
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Good location & meant to be one of the best on Savii. Not too bad as is a small ish resort. Had termites in the roof right above my bed that fell on my face in the night. Told house keeping in the morning who moved the bed & fumigated (I don't like chemicals like that being sprayed where we sleep) the room & moved my luggage to under the termites instead whilst we were out! But guess the termites & cockroaches come with the territory..... Selection & quality of food average but we ate across the Rd@the great (& good value for tala) pizza place most nights. Happy hour was good with 20% off. Would probably recommend staying here if visiting Savai as have heard some other places are worse..... Setes day tour was amazing & he is a great host (as per other comments on here). Also snorkeling in the area & the resort pool is good.

• Stayed September 2012
Auckland
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had 4 nights at this resort and could have stayed longer. The fale (number 10) was comfortable with a good shower, comfortable bed and lovely verandah. The water was warm and clear, great snorkelling at all tide levels and times of the day. Food was excellent, fresh, well cooked and healthy. The staff were friendly and helpful without getting in my way. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for a beach fake. I chose number 10 away from the swimming pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went to Savaii after a week in Upolu and we had a wonderful stay in Le Lagoto. Our fale was too pretty for words. Although clustered close to each other, the fales still provide privacy and you feel like you are on your own little paradise.
The beach itself was a bit disappointing, the corals were all dead. But kayaking around is still quite enjoyable.
Food is a bit disappointing as well but the great cocktails more than make up for it. And they are cheap!
Service is wonderful as you can expect from the very nice Samoans.
Our package included a free massage and it was wonderful and relaxing.
We made a mistake of not pre-booking a rental car and found out they have all sold out. We were stuck but other beaches were just a walk away. There are better beaches further to the left of Le Lagoto and for a very small fee, we rented a basic fale by the beach for a day.
They have a better beach but I want my first class accommodation and that's what you get at Le Lagoto.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple