“Lovely view and full of lols - try it at least once”

Falealupo Canopy Walk
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The first spiral staircase is a little shaky and feels unstable and that's when the fun begins - reality hits that you're up pretty high. That's when you start pranking the people who are scared of heights. The bridge itself is safe enough. People will recommend that you don't look down but you've just paid for the view... so look down. At the end you can go up a few more flights to look out of a platform above the canopy of trees. It's pretty cool. You gotta try it at least once.

1  Thank neoberi

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am not one for heights, so this was a bit confronting, but well worth it.
The climb up the gorgeous banyan tree is a challenge but the views are spectacular.

2  Thank JodyBAdelaide
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We really enjoyed the canopy walkway, though we were quite scared to cross the swaying, narrow bridge. We took my 16 year old sister-in-law who lives in Apia and it scared and delighted her...mission accomplished.

1  Thank Anika T
Reviewed October 2, 2013

A challenge for those with a fear of heights but the walkway is very safe, believe me. And the stairway to the top is worth doing for the view. The locals told us that this will be extended as the tree continues to grow.

1  Thank traveller46_11
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Well this was an interesting experience. Not one that I thought I would be doing when I planned our Samoan trip, but something a bit out of the ordinary. We visited the Canopy Walk with a small group of people, on a day tour around the island.
The actual staircase going up to the walk was a spiral, aluminium staircase - well constructed and sturdy, built around a huge Banyan tree. It is approximately 40 metres high. The walkway itself is a bit wonky, but felt sturdy enough once on it, with strong rails made of a steel rope to hold onto. It also had wire sides on the right and left of the walkway.
Being a person who really dislikes heights, I initially decided not to go up and do the walk. However, after a bit of encouragement (and bravery) I decided to do it. It was an amazing feeling walking amongst the tall trees in the sky. It's easy - if you just look ahead, and don' think about it!

1  Thank Chinta1