Airport Lodge Samoa
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Manono Island
See available hotels
Le Vasa Resort(Cape Fatuosofia)
Jet Over Hotel(Salelologa)
The Savaiian Hotel(Salelologa)
Amoa Resort(Savai'i)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked my accommodation through a provider - but confirmed my booking directly with Airport Lodge to ensure they had received my booking and payment. At this time I spoke directly with Sarah via email, and asked for a late checkout (as flight was arriving at 1am) and organised a transfer for $8 tala per person. I double checked that the late night arrival would be ok and Sarah said they were already collecting 2 other passengers from the same flight so that would be fine.

The day of our flight we were delayed by 2 hours, so my husband called the Airport Lodge to confirm that they would still pick us up - the guy who picked up said yes and we were reassured that we would have a driver waiting at the airport in Samoa.

After our delay we arrived at 3:30am - we walked into arrivals and saw the sign for Airport Lodge with a whole bunch of names on it - but not ours. The driver for Airport Lodge said our driver had gone home - and pointed to a kiosk with a sign for the booking agency I used to book the accommodation. I was confused and said I had booked my transfer directly with Airport Lodge but was told no I hadn't - the driver also recognised my husband's voice from the earlier phone call and knew who we were immediately, so this wasn't a surprise to him that we were there.

We ended up in a taxi, paying $30 tala to get to Airport Lodge. At this point we were a little frustrated and exhausted. When we arrived, I asked what happened to the transfer and the staff were adamant that I had it wrong, and hadn't booked a transfer with them - they also had no record of my late checkout and wouldn't grant me one without the "bosses" approval. I pulled out my email with Sarah and they still would not listen about either the transfer or late checkout. We advised them we were catching the 4pm ferry and said they would organise a taxi to pick up at 11am - I said I didn't want this (airport lodge is 10mins from ferry) and again, the man at reception would not listen and kept repeating that we needed to leave Airport Lodge at 11am.

In the end I said it was late and I wanted to sleep, so agreed to whatever he was saying just to get out of there and go to sleep!

My husband kindly got up in the morning, early, and spoke to the staff once more - and took my emails with Sarah to reception where they grudgingly agreed that perhaps they had made an error. No apology - nothing.

My advice is to call Airport Lodge and arrange late checkout/transfer because the person who answers the emails is not the person who you deal with at the desk - and they seem to only use paperwork/books for their reservations and wont refer to a computer.

Positives - the room was clean, the aircon works well, near the ferry.
The driver kindly had collected our ferry tickets from the airport (from the kiosk that was closed at night) which was thoughtful of him and ended up taking us into Apia for a look around - however I felt it was more a ploy to get us out of the hotel by 11am, rather than a genuine offer (and we paid 75 tala each way for the pleasure!). However the guy was really nice and took us to feed the turtles and was a good pseudo-tour guide.... which was probably just luck and nothing to do with Airport Lodge.

1  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Welcoming, pleasant staff, comfortable, clean rooms. This hotel is close to the airport and is very convenient when you have a crazy early flight. The staff were very accommodating in organizing transfers to the airport and to dinner venues for us and were pleasant, friendly and we could not fault their customer service. Did not eat onsite but then I did not stay there for the restaurant as I knew it wasn't a resort style hotel.

Would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Recently we spent our last night in Samoa at the Airport Lodge. After pleasant initial email contact when making the booking, it was very much downhill from there. Unfortunately, we did not realise the hotel did not have any sort of cafe or bar. We arrived at lunchtime, very hungry. The best they could manage was a frozen Big Ben meat pie, reluctantly warmed up in the microwave for me. I politely asked if it was possible to have some tomato sauce with the two pies, which by the way, cost 16Tala (about $A8). The response I received was a huge sigh and refusal from the woman on reception. Upon asking nicely again the second time, she reluctantly agreed to get some sauce from their kitchen for us. You would have thought I was asking for a three course gourmet meal. The hotel does offer an evening meal (about 40tala) and breakfast (about 20tala), if you let them know in advance. (Breakfast not included in the rate). After the rude experience we had with the woman on reception, we decided not to spend any more money there.

Reception had told us they were renovating the fales. Our fale was shabby, with an uncomfortable bed. The only good thing I can say about the room was that it was clean. Inside it was tired and needed painting. I asked about their swimming pool, to be told they don't have it any more! The beach opposite looks nice enough on the pictures, but getting into the water is via rocky steps, as well as stepping into rocks. Once in the water, the sand is like quicksand that you sink into. Very unpleasant.

A couple of hours after arrival, we decided to go to Aggie Grey's for the afternoon and evening and have dinner there. Unfortunately, our credit had expired that morning on our mobile phone, so I asked the lady in reception if she would mind calling Aggies for us to see if they accepted a credit card for payment for meals and drinks. Another huge sigh and a dirty look. On checking out, we were even charged a certain amount of Tala and a certain amount of senne for the phone call to Aggie Grey’s!

We had paid extra for a late checkout, as our flight home did not leave till 10pm the next night. (Cost approx. $A200 for the night and late checkout). When I made the booking I explained that we wanted this late checkout as we had a late and long flight home. Unfortunately, our hopes of an afternoon sleep were ruined by banging and building noise all afternoon right outside our fale. We had been given fale 3, which was close to reception, where some sort of building was going on.

The whole experience was the biggest ripoff I have ever experienced. All in all, the worst place I have ever stayed at. We have stayed at many ‘airport’ hotels in various countries, and our expectations are not high for this type of accommodation for one night, but this is the worst ‘airport’ hotel we have ever stayed at.

Suggest if you want a pleasant place to stay close to the airport on your last night, go to Aggies, or anywhere else for that matter.

Room Tip: Wouldn't advise any of their fales, if they are like the one we were given.
1  Thank Chinta1
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here cause of convenience as we had an early flight. The min we arrived we were welcomed with open arms and an amazing service we got a room transfer to dinner return and then a transfer to the airport with no hassle at all. The rooms were clean and nice for one night and much cheaper than others around their would stay their every time. Wake up call and everything was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had an air con room for a night. It was lovely. BUT it stank of cigarette smoke and made my feel a bit sick. That was really bad. We were only staying for the day because we were waiting for our international flight. They didn't give us any discount for not staying the night which would have been nice. The food for dinner was good but overpriced at $40 tala each for the fresh fish.

Room Tip: Air con rooms are really nice. Has hot water and small kitchen.
Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple