“Beautiful Lake with lots to see and do”

Lake Pleasant Regional Park
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Lake Pleasant is a regional park that boasts on the larger lakes in Maricopa County. It has boat docks, restaurants, camping, boat rentals and a magnificent lake that is a must see while in the Phoenix area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lake Pleasant is just 20 minutes from my house but was a place to try out the new travel trailer. The staff was helpful and put up with all of our questions. We had a spot with partial hook-ups and didn't use the facilities much but the park has clean restrooms and showers, a nice large pool, general store and laundry facilities. There is also a nice dog park. Everything was well maintained. We'll probably stay here one more time before heading to the south for next summer.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This lake is a treasure! It's just a few miles outside of Phoenix and offers boating, hiking, camping and more. We hiked in on a wonderful trail and saw beautiful tarantulas, birds and a wild burro. The park is very well kept. The host at the visitors center was knowledgeable and answered all our questions about what we could do in the park. She even tried to entice the local tortoise "Mr. T" out of his den so we could see him but he was too sleepy. It was $6 to get into the park - a real deal! The east road in (of off Carefree Highway) was closed (the one near the Marina) and we weren't sure if it was because it was late in the season but we did get in on the west entrance road.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am from Michigan - we have plenty of beautiful "great" lakes everywhere - did not expect to be so blown away by a lake in AZ desert!!! this lake is large and the mountains and cacti everywhere make it just breathtaking.

If you are in the area, make sure to see it. You can book lake tours. You can rent watercraft.

2  Thank judishia
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Off highway 74 which links I-74 and 60, this lake is less than an hour's drive from our home in Wickenburg, so we regularly come here. There's a small visitor center, but you can also go along Castle Hot Springs Rd some more and park along one of the side arms. You can walk along the shore, or swim in the water. There's a marina to launch your boat, but you can also rent a boat there. This, however, we've never done so I don't know how good that service is. Towards the back ends of the lake it's nicer for swimmers. Late spring to fall, the water is well warm enough for swimming. And believe me, if I say, it's a fact, since I'm the world's number one wimp about water temperature I'm supposed to immerge myself in!
You can find rocks to sit on by the shore, or bring deckchairs. There's not much shade along the shore, as there are only scraggly bushes.
If you're lucky you can also see some of the wild burros that live close to the lake - using it as their watering hole (if you're unlucky you'll just step in their droppings).
This place is great for boating, fishing and swimming, and the setting is peaceful and serene. Bring enough to drink.

1  Thank Esty666