“Nirvana at 2700 metres”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ibarra
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nirvana at 2700 metres”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I think the only way to describe this place is "mind blowing"!

The views are breathtaking and I spend most of our stay taking pictures. I would highly recommend the 'suite Estelita'. It has a fireplace which the staff kindly comes in and lights for you, a jacuzzi and being a corner room you get to admire the city of Ibarra as well as the the lake Yahuarcocha.

It's a family run resort with a welcoming atmosphere; all members of staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the food was absolutely delicious. And don't forget to order a Jugo(freshly squeezed juice) of Mora or Guanavana..... Utterly delicious.

I cannot praise this place enough and cannot wait to be back in Ecuador for a longer stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marzia P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this amazing review. We hope you had an amazing experience, as we do everyday living in this wonderful place. Please make sure next time you visit us, also try our Jugo de Tomate de Arbol, thats a fruit maybe you haven't tried.

Thank You again for this review, and me will be waiting next time you visit us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Even thought I read many review complaning about the acces road to this beautiful hotel, It is far from true, I got there in a very low automobile in a very rainy day and it wasnt so hard as I thought. The first thing that would cross your mind If you ever been before in Ibarra is "Why you havent seen it before when it is almost impossible to miss seen it from everywhere in Ibarra?" The prices are very affordable around $35 per person, the food is not overpriced so you can relax at the restaurant with a hot chocolate (I truly recomment ) in the afternoon and have a romantic dinner with a good bottle of wine (again half price that in other hotels in Ibarra)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank You for this review. It is true about the road, although it is not perfect, it is not a bad road to get to us. We are working really hard on it, and we really hope to get it fixed by 2014.

Besides the bottle of wine, and the hot chocolate, next time you visit us, we recommend our exquisite Sangría.

Than you again for the review, and we hope to see you again.

Otavalo, Ecuador
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place was absolutely amazing! The best time of day to go up is right before sunset (around 5pm everyday).

After a winding, climbing road that you aren't sure is ever going to end, you finally stumble upon the beautiful entrance of La Estelita. And you realize it was well worth the wait. With it's eucalyptus tree-lined driveway with breathtaking views from either side, you drive down into the parking-lot and you can't get your seat-belt off quick enough to get out of the car and start taking pictures. The first thing you see is a kidney shaped infinity pool that perfectly reflects the gorgeous sunset settling in between the valley of Imbabura and Cotacachi mountains. In this moment you realize this is really someplace very special.

After a 15-minute photo shoot (it's so hard to stop, especially at this time of day because the whole scene keeps changing into a beautiful display of lights as you watch the city of Ibarra below you slowly begin to shine) you follow the stone steps up to the restaurant.The cuisine at the restaurant is really something special in it's own right, but couple it with the amazing view through the huge picture windows and you have a romantic dinner you will never forget.

I recommend the crepes, especially the chicken crepe (crepe de pollo) and the nutty dessert crepe (crepe de nueces). They are both wonderfully delicious!

A beautiful place for any kind of special event or nice dinner with someone special or with good friends. Also the rooms looked amazing too, and not outlandishly priced either. All the taxi drivers know how to get up to the Arcangel statue, you just have to tell them it's about 5 mins past the statue if they are unfamiliar with the hotel itself. Make sure you get their phone number so they can come back and get you, as transportation going back down the mountain could be harder to come by, although I'm sure arrangements can be made through the hotel itself if you don't want to do it yourself.

Although I've never come here for the hotel part, just the restaurant, the owner let us take a glimpse of the rooms for future reference, and they were beautiful too! I would imagine staying here would be an amazing experience, if slightly difficult for transportation if you didn't have your own car. It's a bit of a hike up the hill.

I've been here twice so far and I plan on making this a family tradition and definitely a place I take guests who come to visit me. It will give them a whole other look at Ecuador!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this beautiful review. As i read the letters, i imagined every single detail you told in the review. It is true that La Estelita is a very quiet and romantic place, especially at 17:00pm - 18:00pm. Next time you come back, please try the Fruit Crepe (Crepe de Frutas).

Thank you for including us in a family tradition, that's what makes La Estelita a special place.

Hillside, NJ
Reviewed October 26, 2012

In all my trips to Ecuador, I have honestly never seen a place quite like this. The ride up is a bit more than bumpy, but I heard that the road is on the way to be paved like much of the infrastructure in Ecuador. It's almost hard to describe the sense of tranquility and peace you experience the moment you set foot at La Estelita. The views are breathtaking. Everywhere you look, it's gorgeous. It is truly a feast for the eyes and soul. I have been there a few times and had the pleasure of trying the food. The food was exquisite! The flavors were so sophisticated and so delicious. It truly caters to all tastes. It was an unexpected treat. The people were amazing and so nice. It adds to the experience and makes this place so much more of a delight. I could go on and on about all the fantastic things about La Estelita, but this is a place you need to see for yourself!
If you are traveling to Ecuador, go to Ibarra, spend a few days at La Estelita and you can count on for an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms have fantastic views!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gloria P
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate this review. It is true that we are working on paving the road. It will be ready by 2014. It is also true about the peace and tranquility La Estelita offers. All of our guests say the same thing, and describe it as the Most quiet and Romantic place in Ibarra.

We really hope to see you again, and we thank you again for this beautiful review.

Thank You!!
Charlottesville
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Estelita is a rural hotel in the city of Ibarra (Ecuador), it is half way of the Yuracrucito mountain, facing the impressive "Taita Imbabura", a 4480 km high volcano, on the left ... and the Yaguarcocha (lake) on the right. I´ve been lodge in a room with these gorgeous views, from which it is possible to watch the dawn, incredible experience!
The Estelita offers a high quality restaurant service, and during my stay appeared, out of the blue, the President of Ecuador (Rafael Correa) who came to have lunch after a govermental meeting. It seemed that he also was nicely surprised by the quality and professionalism of this family business near to the Half World line.

Room Tip: If you come with your couple and it is availabie, I suggest to choose the room with two different st...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you could enjoy all the beautiful views La Estelita has to offer, and even more if you mixed it up with the sun set. We are pleased you found La Estelita relaxing, as we try our best to make you feel that way.

We hope you visit us again!

Thank You!!
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Reviewed July 18, 2012

While travelling through Ecuador, this enchanted land, I was lucky enough to find myself in a real Paradise. When I first saw La Estelita, I felt like in Heaven – above the clouds, among the ancient volcanoes, picturesque valleys & beautiful Yahuarcocha Lake. It’s a very peaceful & serene place with the breathtaking views. But even more amazing makes it its people – lovely Hosts & friendly personnel, not mentioning the great Chef of La Estelita restaurant, whose cuisine will make your mouth water! All together they will make you feel at home… So once in Ibarra, Ecuador, don’t hesitate to stay for a couple of days at La Estelita, where I’m sure you’ll leave a piece of your heart forever.

Room Tip: All rooms are very comfortable & cozy, with great views & rustic design. But still I'd r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are really happy you liked our home. We try our best so our guests find in us a second home, surrounded by nature, tranquility and peace. We are glad you enjoyed our beautiful views, and even more glad that you are referring to La Estelita as a paradise.

Thank You so much!! We really hope to see you again!
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The view is awesome, godo rooms, great good (quantity & quality) no typicall food, missed that...
Great staff,highly recommended

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us, we work really hard to make you feel relaxed in a peaceful environment. We are also glad you enjoyed our delicious food.

Please come visit us again!

Thank You!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ibarra
Hacienda- Hosteria Chorlavi
Hacienda Hosteria San Luis
Casa Mojanda
Casa Mojanda
#1 of 14 in Otavalo

Been to La Estelita? Share your experiences!