“Full body massage and jacuzzi ”

Huellas Natural Spa
Ranked #4 of 13 Spas & Wellness in Banos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A health center where you will encounter the Huellas (footprints) of ancient massage techniques and body work therapies. Return to a time when spiritual health and well-being were a natural priority.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

Best massage and spa experience ever. Such a value for the excellent service and professionalism. Cecilia was wonderful. I highly recommend this establishment.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"massaged"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Huellas was a little hidden away, but I'm so glad my wife and I found it. The front desk people were very friendly and accommodating. The couples massage was very affordable, and the masseuses did an excellent job. If you want the Banos spa experience without spending a ton of money, this is the place to go!

Reviewed January 4, 2018

After a day of full adventures the full body massages helped me a lot. Full recommendation from my part.

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Ordered a back and food massage but ended up having a full body massage. First they left me waiting half naked for 10 minutes while I had no idea what was happening, I thought they'd forgot about me. The masseuse didn't know what she was doing, she massaged my elbow for like 5 minutes. Ended up with a painful back...

See more reviews
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

I visited this spa twice on my recent trip to banos.

First, I had a hot stone massage. It was excellent. I wish I had caught the name of my masseuse. She was terrific and super thorough. My impression of the facilities was that they were very basic and not clean like a US spa would be, but hey, we were in a small town in Ecuador.

My second experience was for a spa package. This experience was totally different. I started off in a room with my friend that was all cracked walls and dingy feeling. They had her get under the covers for her massage. I was getting a magic hug mud wrap. For this, you are butt naked. Like, bottoms and all. She had me just sit there until she was ready. Just naked on a table with my friend and her masseuse standing 3 feet away. This was really awkward. The treatment itself was not my fave. It was boring and itchy. After an hour of sitting there they took me to this room to take a shower. The shower was a plastic lined weird shower pan where the water went from scalding to freezing every 20 seconds or so.

Then I had my massage in the same room as before. This was significantly worse than the first one. Could have just been a personal preference. She pushed really hard and went really fast. Didn't love it.

Then I had a salt scrub which I did enjoy. Again to the shower for the hot and cold blasts.

Then, the worst part. They put me in a room with a stranger and had me lay on a plastic lawn chair for my "facial" and "manicure". The facial consisted of them washing my face and then putting an oatmeal mask on for a half hour. Not exactly what I would have expected. The manicure was painful and difficult and the worst manicure I have ever seen. Manicures are the only spa treatment that I get regularly and this one was truly heinous. She used this weird tool to remove my cuticles (dry mind you- no soaking) instead of a clipper which hurt. Then she used a coarse nail file to remove ridges which effectively shredded my nails. The paint job was just the icing on the cake. See pics. My boyfriend likened it to when you painted your nails with white out in elementary school. Good comparison. Now that the polish is off, my nails are totally shredded. Heaven forbid she had had access to my feet! Can you imagine what a pedicure from this place would be??

Overall, the massages are fine. The place is rather dingy (for American standards at least) and not the least bit luxurious. It is however better than a lot of the gross places on the street around town.