All reviews police academy the owner the hotel manager min drive recommending restaurants daily trips restaurant recommendations basic hotel room was spotless hotel is located steam room steam box helpful person went above and beyond breakfast each morning breakfast was amazing main town
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019

We spent 3 nights at this location, we had a late arrival. Edgar was waiting at the gate for us. The word of the day was accommodating to every need we had! From the taxi's, restaurants, getting around town, arranging massages, getting to all the water falls and swings. opening up the dinning room so was could have supper delivered to us. Making sure we had a taxi waiting on us in the early morning to caught our bus out of town.
The hotel is about a mile from town, a $2.00 taxi ride, quite, well kept, a nice court yard planter garden. We are glad we chose this hotel!

Reviewed April 15, 2019

When reading reviews before booking this hotel, I couldn't believe how much people raved about the hotel and its proprietor Edgar. However, I am here to tell you to believe the hype. I have visited a dozen countries and stayed in hundreds of hotels over the years (for both business and leisure). The service I received at La Villa del Penon is far and away the best. Edgar anticipated our needs and made us feel like his hotel was our home. Egdar personally rushed to help us carry bags, made calls to get information and rides, and gave us his personal recommendations on food (all of which turned out to be excellent). At one point, we got stranded in town in the rain and he got in his car to pick us up because the taxis were all full that we tried to flag down. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is excellent, and Edgar and his staff will make your stay comfortable and easy. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights here and loved it. Our room was enormous and was incredibly clean. Every day our room was made up and tidied and it was a pleasure to come back to. As others have said, the real plus with this property is the staff. Edgar went above and beyond to ensure we had a lovely stay, arranging tours and taxis and even coming outside to explain to the drivers where we were going to ensure they understood. Edgar speaks perfect English which was a relief as our Spanish was very limited. Breakfast was also really good. The property is a little out of town but taxis were only £1.50 into and out of the centre and all the drivers knew where the hotel was. One day we hired bikes and Edgar arranged for them to be dropped at the hotel so the location is not an issue and because it’s out of town it’s very peaceful. On arrival, Edgar provides lots of information about restaurants and tours. We visited Cafe Hood, la Tasca and CarpeDM and they were all superb. Thank you Edgar for a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2019

For 4 days in Banos my wife and I stay at La Villa del Penon. Large rooms and very quiet at night. It's only 1.5 kiolmetres from the centre of town and away from the noise and busyness of the town centre but it's an easy walk or a $2 taxi fare. Edgar the manager is the most helpful person ever in a hotel. He recommended and booked trips based on what we were keen to do. With a sizeable breakfast included, every day was off to a good start. A great place to stay in Banos

1  Thank Terry C
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Edgar, the owner and operator of the hotel, is an extremely kind and thoughtful host who is willing to make your stay the best one in Banos! He will schedule pretty much any adventure activity for you directly from his front desk, and also negotiates the price down since he has been there for several years. He is always available, even later in the night, and will call you a taxi to anywhere in the area within 5 minutes. The breakfast chefs were extremely personable and cooked a delicious meal with some mild Ecuadorian touches. The cleaning staff were extremely thorough daily; the room itself was very nice and exactly as in the photos & description. It's very difficult to find anything in another country for both this quality of care and price, and I'm a fairly well-traveled individual. I will absolutely stay here again if I come back, and I recommend it to anybody considering other alternatives in Banos, or traveling to Banos at all!

Date of stay: March 2019