See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2017

I apologize that this review is coming a little late (Dec2015)

We chose to stay at the Destiny hotel mostly because it looked more upscale than a hostel and we wanted to splurge a little for the holidays.

The location is great! just a bit outside of the main down town core, but extremely walkable. We loved this fact as we could walk around the core and head back to the hotel to lounge, nap, re dress.
Our option had breakfast included which was nice. There were sometimes a line up for it to start operating. For the most part it was well stocked and I always left feeling full.
I felt the hotel would nickle and dime you for what they could. You could use the pool (which was a nice glass walled pool over looking the city) but you had to pay for them to fill the hottub, We bought a bottle of wine in town and brought it back to our room to enjoy and called down for a bottle opener and they wanted to charge us $10 to open it. I thought this was odd seeing as we had been booked into the hotel for 6 nights, I would have expected them to at least comp us a bottle opener.
They did call us a cab to drive us back to Quito to catch our flight home.

This hotel looks nice aesthetically, it is clean, and you will pay for it. If you want to finish your trip on a nice note it would be a great stay, if you are on a budget I would look elsewhere.

Room tip: Bring your own wine bottle opener. Try to get breakfast included.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Meets the standard of cleanliness and amenities of most American hotels. The rooftop pool and lounge is a nice addition, offering great views of Banos as well. In retrospect, however, I would stay elsewhere. The price was quite high for Banos, and the hotel was very empty during our stay. Most of the pictures you see on TripAdvisor of the exciting, active spaces, like the bar, were empty and quiet during our time there (though we spent only two days). I was also surprised at the staff's serious lack of English skills, which I would've expected to be better at an upscale hotel that caters to international travelers. That being said, it's a nice place, though it's easy to get a great Experience in Banos for a fraction of the cost.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

The hotel overall is really good! The service is good and the ambiance is nice. The rooms are big and comfortable and the social areas are nice and clean. The infinity pool gives a nice look to Baños and looks even better at night. We highly recommend Destiny Hotel for any one who wants to visit Baños at a good price and comfort. We will definitely go back!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2017

The hotel and rooms were very good and clean and modern looking, breakfast was included in the price however there was limited staff. the staff was a little slow in getting accommodations and seemed a little bothered by our request for extra sugar, an Iron etc. The shower door leaked waster onto the floor when you showered in the room we stayed in and when I asked to have someone come dry the floor or bring me extra towels they never came.

Room tip: shower doors leak leaving a puddle, ask for extra towels for the floor and the pool.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2016

My brother and I chose this hotel based on a local couple's recommendation. It was in a great area with great accessibility to restaurants and places. The hotel staff was very accommodating. I needed a taxi to the airport very early in the morning and they were great with arranging that and it was only $55. Our room was great. The pool on the rooftop was the best feature of this place.

Date of stay: September 2016