“A perfect trip to Baños....”
Review of Volcano Hotel

Volcano Hotel
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Banos
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had never been to Baños before, but had read that it was the adventure capital of Ecuador, so we decided to honeymoon there. We decided on the Vocano Hotel based on it's reviews, and I am happy to say, that after spending eight days in Baños, we beleive the we made the right choice, and that this is THE best hotel in Baños!
Firstly, I have an allergy to black mold, and due to the miraculous lushness of Baños, it grows everywhere on everything. The first room that we had, had some black mold in the bathroom, so they immediately moved us to the room next door. Problem solved!
The Volcano hotel ls situated on the edge of the town at the bas of the mountain. The view from our room, (8), was spectacular! The patio had a view of the waterfall as well.
The staff were welcoming and warm, and when we took an overnight trip to Misuhuallì, they worried about us, because we did not tell them that we would be gone.
The pool was gorgeous, and the complimentary breakfasts were spectacular.
We feel as though we made friends here, and if we come back to Bańos, we will stay at the Volcano Hotel.

Room Tip: Room 8 is wonderful!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DDConway

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed for a weekend, there were a problem with my reservation (my fault), but they solve it.The rooms are really good, clean, private, better than a lot of hotels in the same category on major cities in US.

Close to everything (2-3 blocks) and in a perfect location far from crowded zones of Baños.

I didn't check the internet because i had my own service. So i cant say much.

If you want a nice room, food, location, and a place you can go rest after a hard day doing all the extreme sports in Baños. This is the place for a great price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We really think it is the best hotel in town, but for what it is it´s to expensive. the room is clean but its only a room with a bed and tv. Not nice decorated. The curtains fall down, if you touch them.
The staff is friendly but you have to look for them, also when you go to breakfast, you are alone in the breakfast room. They really dont care for the buffet. If you are late you have lost.
You can walk from the hotel to everywhere in Banos within a few minutes, also to the thermes. you can park your car in the hotel.
Next time I would chose another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Simba-Espana
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here on our tour of Ecuador for a night. The rooms were nice and the view from the balconies was spectacular. We were a little surprised when we stepped on the balcony and realized that you are barely separated from your neighbors and if standing on the balcony you can see into the rooms (even with the blinds). The walls are paper thin and we heard out neighbors early in the morning. It was only us and another couple so I am not sure why they couldn't have put use a few rooms apart.

I did get a massage there and it was nice. I scheduled it the night before for 9am, but in the morning there was confusion and they asked me if I could reschedule to 10. When I decided to cancel the massage they quickly found someone to do the massage.

Overall the hotel was nice and clean with a gorgeous view of the waterfall and you can see the clouds rising on the AM.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Chimmerz
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed for one night as a couple. Rooms and building are a little dated and basic but clean if uninspiring. Reasonable location just out of main hustle and bustle. Internet was ok in reception, didn't work in room. Liked the breakfast, limited but decent. Good view from the balcony. Shower was pretty good. Fine for the price.

We were woken by the boom of the volcano, which was the highlight!!

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view, number 10 had one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DelfromLondon
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed in Volcano Hotel on three different occasions, and so this time when I came back to Baños after seven years I had it already decided which place I would stay in.The Hotel is just beautiful, the rooms have plenty of space, amazing view from the balcony, pool and jacuzzi to relax. You really get what you pay for. And the breakfast is almost like a brunch! So like in the past, next time I get to visit Baños, Volcano is my place no doubt about it!

He tenido la oportunidad de quedarme en este hotel cada vez que he ido a visitar Baños. El hotel es simplemente hermoso, los cuartos son amplios, las vistas lindisimas y tienes la piscina y el jacuzzi para relajarte después de un día de actividades en la ciudad. Encantada de volver a pasar las vacaciones allí!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank katriran
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at Volcano Hotel for four nights and were very happy with the decision. It is very well-priced, but clean and friendly and everything that we needed. They even have a small pool out back so if we did a morning activity, could relax by the pool w a book for a couple hours before dinner.

It's an easy walk to everything you need in Banos.

We arrived in Banos a night prior to our reservation and Volcano Hotel was full, so we spent one night at one of the "family resorts" close to the hot springs (I forget its name, but if i remembered would give it 1 star). Oh my the difference! Those family resorts are more expensive yet very dingy. Volcano Hotel is everything you could ask for from a higher mid range hotel.

I found the service great - although I speak some Spanish and am unsure if they have much staff that speaks English as my boyfriend generally needed to pull me in when asking questions.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple