All reviews imperial suite hot pools heated floors overlooking banos lounge chairs minute drive views are amazing breakfast and dinner beautiful resort tour guide crepes per person thermal baths south america hot springs jacuzzi volcano
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

We were backpacking in Baños- I had heard of the spa but thought it was only available as an expensive hotel! I was so happy to hear you can pay $20 per person for 3 hours access to their infinity pool, hot tub and 3 thermal baths- all high in the hills overlooking Baños! We arrived having taken the bus going to Casa Del Arbol, the very helpful receptionist called the pool area and confirmed there was availability (which is extra special, as they really limit the number to make it peaceful). We were given towels, robes and a locker before the most relaxing and beautiful few hours! The view was insane, and the pools were lovely. We went 5pm-8pm so we could see the views in daylight, sunset and Baños all lit up!
As backpackers staying in a hostel with cold showers, we were thrilled by the hot showers and toiletries available!! - don’t think you see many like us there, we did try to fit in!
The receptionist kindly called a taxi for us, which cost us $7 back to Baños.
It was a treat well-worth blowing our daily budget on!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

We visited this wonderful place and it goes above the expectations we had from the web page pictures. We had a tour to El Pailon del Diablo and Jonathan Cito was our tour guide along with Mr Carlos. They took us to a bunch of different local spots on our way to the waterfall and explained everything wonderfully!
We would come back here in a heartbeat. Thank you all!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Great spa place, beautiful views, amazing staff. It’s a very nice relaxing place. Highly recommend. I was shocked that it was empty though. We were told to book it way in advance but they are clearly not busy. We were alone in a restaurant, outdoor jacuzzi, the only ones who booked the massage that afternoon.

Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

I went to Luna Volcan to use the hot baths and pool. I left my wallet in my locker. When I left the hotel, $180 was stolen from my wallet. The locker was locked, and I had the only key that I was aware of. Do not stay here; they are rude, and the pool attendant is a thief.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

This review is only for the hotel restaurant, and what I was able to see when I went there for dinner. Luckily I was staying somewhere else but we wanted to venture off and explore another restaurant of the same high caliber. This resort was slightly more expensive than ours so I just assumed it would be as fancy, if not more, I really wanted to show my husband a great time. Well I was terribly wrong, and the long trek up the mountain for a fancy dinner was a total waste of time. The price you pay doesn't necessarily correlate with how fancy something is at this place. It was night, so as we walked through the courtyard, the ropelights used to decorate the trunks of the trees gave us the impression of tasteless Christmas decorations. It looked like a cheap motel, not as one of the most expensive resorts in the area. The hotel lobby looked like a tourist shop, a tourist trap really, and the restaurant itself was so kitsch that it turned my stomach. I understand that I was in Baños, but for the price point of this place, what I saw, made no sense. Their type of decoration was the same overplayed jungle murals and vivid colors galore that you see at bars, clubs and cheap restaurants in town, it felt like it was a youth hostal, not a grown-up stablishment. No, it wasn't romantic. And no, I wasn't expecting this type of decoration at an expensive hotel restaurant. Their placemats were cheap paper marketing material with information about their very expensive hotel packages. The food was good, not great. When I pay that amount of money for dinner in Baños, I expect it to be amazing, it wasn't. I was let down terribly. I didn't stay the night so I can't speak about their rooms, and I never will. I feel bad for the affluent tourists that get ropped into their all-inclusive packages, and that will leave thinking that that is as good as it gets in Banos, because it isn't. A huge disconnect between what you pay and what you get. If you want to spend that amount of money in something nice please go to Samari instead. Believe me, you can book a guided tour anywhere and pay a fraction of the price. I honestly don't see the appeal at all.

Date of stay: March 2019