“Stay in the clouds.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banos
Luna Runtun, Adventure SPA
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Banos
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place has the most amazing views! You can sit in the hot tub (heated by volcanic water) and see tyhe clouds pass by. The place is beautiful and the food was also great. I would come back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tiroloco-travels
LunaRuntun, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Luna Runtun, Adventure SPA, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

I appreciate your recommendation about Luna Runtun.

It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the hot tubs, the food, and I'm glad that you took the time to write about your stay.

Can't wait to have you back. Remember you can book online in our web page and all our services are open to the public too.

Best wishes.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is my fourth hotel in Banos and it blows the competition out of the water. “Beautiful hotel but difficult if you are not in good physical condition, you need a car and be young because it is outside the city

Room Tip: los cuartos con vista al parque son los mejores, tiene jacuzzy y una hermosa vista muy romatico para...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
LunaRuntun, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Luna Runtun, Adventure SPA, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thanks for the recommendation, our future guests and visitors will appreciate it.

Any taxi can get to Luna Runtun ($5), and travelers can also walk from town (1 hour uphill), beautiful views.

Thanks for the review.

I send you my best regards.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed at Runa Luntun two weeks ago for a weekend. It is a bit of a drive from Quito but once you pass Ambato you get to enjoy incredible views!
The hotel consists of spread out bungalows allowing for maximum privacy. I had the Yoga Suite which was a nice room with a little bit of a walk from the restaurant.
The rooms are nicely furnished and my suite had a private terrace with an outdoor shower and jacuzzi. Total privacy so I felt comfortable taking an outside shower.
The staff at the hotel is super helpful and they come up with lots of suggestions. Keep in mind you are 15 minutes from Banos - so going for a quick drink in town doesn't work.
The restaurant is nice and the food is ok - I would expect a little bit more creativity for a hotel in that price range. Keep in mind the food is included in your room rates - at least that was the case for me.
The views you have are spectecular and I was grateful that i was able to enjoy them!

The hotel is very pretty and extremely well landscaped.

It is the perfect get away for a romantic weekend - thus most patrons are couples that seek privacy and enjoy being secluded. Don't expect a lively bar - most guests retreat to their rooms after dinner.

I enjoyed the pools and jacuzzi - they have a nice temperature and offer fantastic views of the valley and the town of Banos.

All facilities are clean and very well maintained. Service is great and always there when you need them without being noticed - well managed!

The highlight was my visit to the Spa - I had an hour massage that was one of the best I ever had. The rooms in the spa are very nice and very clean. The massage was professional and by New York standards a bargain but for Ecuador expensive - yet well worth it. An hour runs you $50.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay, the staff, the spa and did I mention the views?

Room Tip: Go for a suite
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sguelpen

Thanks for reaching out about your recent experience with Luna Runtun in Baños.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the privacy of the Yoga Suite and the views from the pools, and it's great that you were impressed with the service, too. I appreciate your recommendation, and I look forward to having you back!

I send you my best regards.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is my fourth hotel in Banos and it blows the competition out of the water. It sits on a high crag overlooking town, in fact, it's probably a precarious, 15 minute drive up the mountain from the centre of town so not ideal if you want to enjoy the nightlife. This is its real charm. From my room we could see the entire town stretching out beneath us. We were up in the clouds with only hummingbirds for company. The hot spas were delicious and again the views are excellent, they're the best in Ecuador (with the exception of Papallacta). The restaurant is incredible, I had a starter, main course and dessert and all of them were amazing - even if left so full I was barely able to walk. Breakfast too, overlooking the town, is also a great experience. I can't recommend this place highly enough. If you find one of the many deals and promotions the hotel offers then it's not so expensive as everybody always claims.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for providing such detail about your visit with us! It's wonderful to hear that you've been impressed with the excellent views, the hot pools, the food in the Runtun Restaurant and breakfast at Café del Cielo. I agree with you, we work with Papallacta together promoting the Andes & Amazon circuit: Quito - Luna Runtun (Baños) - Cotococha Ecolodge (Tena) - Papallacta - Quito, as the perfect add on to the Galápagos Island trip.

I'm glad that you had a great experience, and hope that you'll be able to return in the future. I appreciate your review!

Safe travels,

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I loved the beautiful views and the pools and the decor but I wanted to write and warn people how far away the restaurants and pools are from the rooms. There are LOT of steps making getting around very strenuous if you are not in good shape.
Our room was lovely but lacked some basic things that I am used to having. I need coffee right away in the morning and there is no coffee maker, so I had to go to the restaurant which was quite a trek and in the rain no less (they do supply unbrellas) They probably had some coffee in the lobby which was not any closer.
Make sure you bring body lotion as this is not supplied.
Also there is no temperature control in the room.
If you are in great shape and are not a coffee drinker and want a quiet (no tv) beautiful, romantic get away; I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear livinglif:

I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with the beautiful views and decor. Thank you for the warning to all guests regarding the location and steps. They will really appreciate it.

It´s true that the rooms have no coffee maker, but all suites do have electric jars to do it and the coffee station in the reception works all day long.
Temperature controls have just been installed in the rooms with heated floors.

Thanks for reaching out about what you thought. Remember to tell your friends that they can check rates, availability and book online in our web page.

I send you my best regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

So many things to say about this place!

The views from the resort were simply unreal. We stayed in the Romantic Suite Mi Amor and were so happy with this choice. We knew it was smaller than some other rooms but it was really all we needed. The main reason we chose this room is that it has a jacuzzi on the patio which was fantastic.

The drive is VERY long to get there from the airport, but we both felt it was worth it. The transportation was arranged through the hotel for us, and a driver named Haime (not sure how to spell it) picked us up at the airport. He was so friendly, his english was excellent. We arrived at the hotel very late at night so everything was closed and it was so quiet, and pouring rain. The night security guard took us to the room with umbrellas and we went straight to sleep.

Much to my delight, we awoke to the most amazing view I have ever seen through our huge picture window. Mountains and clouds floating by... so very cool. I couldn't believe I was there! We spent a lot of time relaxing on our patio during the trip - the jacuzzi was so amazing to have, huge and very comfortable for two people. We would sit and watch clouds drift in and out for hours, so beautiful to see.

Our room had a fireplace which was so necessary and great. The room did get pretty warm, but not smokey like someone else mentioned below so we must have had different rooms! Loved loved loved it. They came to light it for us whenever we needed; special thanks to the nighttime security guard for doing this for us every night. I wish I got his name because he was so great to us.

The restaurants: I will say I am the worlds pickiest eater so it's always a challenge for me. I didn't like the food at the main restaurant at all, but I loved almost everything I had at Cafe Cielo. My husband liked food at both places, so don't let that deter you. The free meals alternated, so sometimes it was at the main restaurant - we started declining that and just paying for food at Cafe Cielo. A manager at the resort, Rodrigo, found out that we were doing that and then reversed the charges / said he would substitute the free meals for that restaurant for me which was so kind. He really went out of his way on several occasions to make us feel welcome and valued. You must try the banana/chocolate crepe at Cielo - to die for!! Breakfast there was great. This spot was soooo cool, an elevated room with all glass windows overlooking Banos. Most spectacular views, and we'd be sitting looking down at the town and suddenly clouds came in and we were in them, couldn't see a thing outside. So cool!

We didn't really use the pools, but they didn't feel very warm. The views from the pools were stunning though, and we did spend a bit of time sitting there.

The spa: Highly recommend the romantic crater spa couples treatment, wow!!! There were rose petals on the stairs in designs and words, it was so amazing and it must have taken them hours to set everything up. You get an exfoliation, a lovely massage, and have the room to yourselves for a nice jacuzzi with champagne, cheese and fruit (which was divine!). Well worth it. We also had spa treatments on other days; we had facials which were fantastic, hubby had a pedicure which was good. We had a massage EVERY single day. Ask for Jenni, she was the best one! We started to fight over who would get her :) ... I thought the prices were reasonable - yes, you can get a cheaper massage down in town but not in the same kind of setting/cleanliness (in my opinion). So we really felt it was great value for what you got.

Banos is very safe to tour around, with some cool little cafes and shops, and the locals seemed pretty nice. Didn't get to zipline as the weather didn't cooperate, but what can you do.

I speak a little spanish which was helpful here. The spa staff and a lot of the restaurant staff had very limited english, so I can see how that would frustrate people. If you need help, find Rodrigo. The property guides in our room said you could order room service, but this was a challenge - we would call and they would say they didn't have room service. Rodrigo fixed this for us and got us the wine and cheese we wanted sent to our room. I think the language barrier was a problem, the restaurant staff really didn't understand.

The whole resort grounds were stunning, seriously, such amazing views. Did not want to leave.

Overall, gorgeous resort. Nice staff. Special thanks again to Rodrigo for making things perfect. I would definitely recommend this resort, and already have :)

Room Tip: All rooms have different benefits, really look through the list on the website to tailor to your nee...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
LunaRuntun, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Luna Runtun, Adventure SPA, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear krispy6:

It makes me happy to know that you had a great stay!

Thank you for the wonderful compliments especially the great location and of course, our beautiful views of Baños and the Llanganates National Park!

I sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us. My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed at Luna Runtun for one night and the overall experience was really good. The views from the hotel are amazing, full of mountains and wonderful landscapes. The hot springs at the terraces are just so great to spend the afternoon relaxing and chilling. Dinner was also really good. Only bad point was the fireplace in our room. We had to call 3 or 4 times for them to come an start the fire but we regret about asking for it. The room just got full of smoke due to the bad design of the fireplace! It is a bit overpriced, I guess because of the view from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alexis V:

Your comments on the hotel’s views and the hot springs are appreciated. However, I do apologise for the disappointing experience with the fireplace that you have outlined which have been comprehensively reviewed and rectified. New hermetic eco-fireplaces have been installed. You can check the new rooms and suites in our web page. Total customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to feedback and comments such as yours that we are able to maintain and further improve on our standards.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Warm regards,