“FEELS LIKE HOME !!!”

La Casa del Molino Blanco Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 79 Specialty Lodging in Banos
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the time I spent at this beautiful hostal with really beautiful people like Elba and Jimmy. They Advise you with information of which tours to take and the right adventure agency to go along with. Rooms and bathrooms are really clean and spacious and that's a big plus. Breakfast is like no other hostal in Baños,wide range of options and delishhhh !!!
I really felt like home there and Elbita made sure I was all taken care of !!!
I will go back to this place in a heart beat !!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hostel is located a bit away from the centre of Baños, but that doesn't really matter as Baños is very small. The owners are incredably nice and helpful, they work together with some tour companies and provide extra value (like lunch) when it's not included.
The rooms are spotless, we stayed in a private room and a dorm, and both had the best mattresses of about all of South America. They serve a very good breakfast and cheap drinks. There is a tv room with a huge TV and loads of DVDs. Did I mention that the owners are incredably nice?
Very much recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolas D
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great place to rest, best breakfast ever on my trip and a fair rate. Helpful owners with a lot of information about Baños, activities and tours. Luxury rooms and very very clean. Shared bathrooms with great shower. Don't miss it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Overall
One of the best hostels in my travels throughout South America thus far (traveled from Colombia to Argentina). I would definitely stay here again given half a chance. I wish there were more like this in South America. Definitely a jewel in the hostel community.

Rooms
Spacious bright and airy with fresh clean white sheets and towels. Cleaned daily. The beds are of sturdy construction and the mattresses are newer.

Staff
Jimmy and Elba were amazingly helpful even when we wanted to extend our stay through the Easter weekend, and they were FULLY booked, they found a way to help us stay. They have all sorts of information and tips about the area and things to do. They also helped us practice our Spanish by never speaking to us in English unless we really didn't understand! Jimmy always has a joke to make and Elba always greets you with a smile.

Breakfast
The breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit juice everyday and either eggs or meat everyday. It's nice to have a variety for breakfast.

Price
Great value for money. Ecuador has cheap food in all the markets. Definitely go there for lunch if you are on a budget. Forget about the tourist trap restaurants.

GO HERE! STAY HERE! Don't think twice about it.

Room Tip: Go to the hot springs at 5am so that you aren't in other people's dirty bathwater. They refi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at la Casa del Molino Blanco for 2 nights in a private double room with shared bathroom. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, and looked more like a hotel than a hostel. Elba was over-the-top helpful and patient with my butchering of the Spanish language. I felt like it was a very nice hostel for the cost.

I think for people who want to be right in the middle of the action in the center of town, this isn't the right hostel choice since it's about a 5 minute walk up/down a steep hill into town... but for those of us that want a good nights sleep in a quiet a beautiful place, I would recommend this hostel.

My only suggestion would be to start breakfast earlier in the morning since many guests were waiting on breakfast to start at 8:10. Also, I'm always a fan of eggs at breakfast. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

It was a really nice place, clean and close to the center of the city. Jimmy was so nice to us and helped us with all our questions and was always making sure we were having a good time. The breakfast was really good and the bed sheets were amazing!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a great hostel if you dont mind being outside of town. I stayed in a 4 person dorm room it is was literally the first time I slept in bunkbeds that didnt move when the person on top did. The sheets are all in white and it is really welcoming hostel. There is a nice common room upstairs and there is a small but nice complimentary breakfast in the morning. Banos is unfortunately a town where all the action is in the downtown square so we only stayed one night and than moved to hostel closer to the action....if you dont mind the location it is a great place to stay

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends