Hotel La Chimenea
$105
$114
$108
Agoda.com
Hotel Flor de Oriente(Banos)(Great Value!)
$42
  • Restaurant
Hostal Chimenea(Banos)(Great Value!)
$24
$18
Hostelworld.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot springs in townlocation is excellentcleaned dailystayed daysmiddle of townprivate roomplenty of hot waterthe buswifiecuadorhosteljacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2014

After having a bad experience at 'that Catholic place' (Huillacuna Hostel) we found this gem by sheer luck. The room was the best we had in Ecuador yet: spacious, clean, private balcony, bathroom, hot water, good wi-fi and even a few, live plants - all for $19 (breakfast not included). The location is excellent as it's a few blocks away from the main square and right next to the hot springs. As we were eager to be on our way after 3 nights in Banos, we did not visit the rooftop cafe or use the swimming pool on site but it was great that it was there. Would definitely be my first pick if we ever go back to Banos.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mamboitalianooo
Reviewed December 23, 2013

First, the good. Hotel La Chimenea has friendly staff and reasonable rates. There is a kitchen but during breakfast hours it is occupied, as the hotel offers breakfast. This is good or bad depending on if you are really on how tight your budget is. There is a spa onsite that offers similar prices to other spas in town. Also, there is a pool area so i guess this is good for families with kids, although it wasn't used when I stayed there. It is super close to the public baths and a couple minute walk to the main restaurant and bar area. This is great because it remains quiet around the hotel at night.
I had a private room and it was very nice and cleaned daily, with a new towel. However, the location of the room, on the first floor, made it really noisy. There were kids playing in the lobby/common internet area during mid morning to the afternoon(not sure if they were guests or family of the owners), and also fellow guests talking from early morning until late at night. There was apparently no curfew for the lobby as I was woken up a few times around midnight. The lobby phone went off a lot without anyone picking up and generally I felt as though I was sleeping in the lobby. Also, my room had large windows facing the pool area with non opaque curtains, very weird if I had to change clothes. The shower had a small window near the top of the wall, and from it the second level of the hotel, across the pool, could watch me shower.
Hotel La Chimenea is very nice and I don't doubt all the great reviews they have, but this particular room shouldn't exist. So if you get put there, immediately ask for another room.

Room Tip: Don't take the single room on the main floor, very loud and little privacy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kurtljh
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived in Banos a friend told us to stay in a hostal called Chimenea. We were lost so we hailed a cab and he brought us here, thank the Jesus! This place is incredible, super clean rooms, perfect showers, affordable, and professional. No pools or hot tubs but they do have a restaurant and a great view on the many balconies. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, it was buenisimo!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The rooms were clean and the bed was really comfortable! I stayed 4 days with my husband, parents and sister with her husband. The owner and all the people working there are really nice. They even did our laundry for free (my mom is a frequent costumer). If you walk one block you will find small stores to get drinks or snacks.. and also a farmacy.. 3 blocks away you find restaurants, churches, etc. You get hot water and also wifi for free ( best signal on 1st. floor)I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea E
Reviewed June 12, 2013

After 7 weeks of hostels this is the bargain of the century. My room was 4th floor with great views of montanes and waterfall. Super large room, fresh paint, much hot water, comfy bed and very clean. Staff were excellent. I would rate this hostel as 4 star and at $17 is an absolute bargain. In fact i thought they said $70 and could quite believe it too however they then wrote 17 and i quickly grabbed it.
Amazing though...i was the only person there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo