“Fantastic experience and amazing guide!”
Review of Imagine Ecuador

and up
White Water Rafting in Baños
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Imagine Ecuador is an Ecuadorian Eco-Tour Operator with Ecuadorian management. The agency is specialized in outdoor adventures like: whitewater rafting, kayaking, canyoning, rock climbing, paragliding, ziplining, biking, trekking, mountain climbing, bridge jumping and horseback riding. They also arrange amazon tours to the Cuyabeno Reserve, Yasuni National Park, Tena or Puyo. The expert team organize Galapagos tours and cruises, island hopping, flights and tailor-made tours, honeymoon trips, wedding planner, bachelor party, family vacations for individual travelers or groups according to your special needs.
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to Cuyabeno for 3 nights. We stayed at Samona lodge and it was perfect right in the middle of the jungle. Juan our guide was amazing. He could spot animals from the boat like a condor. He seemed very interested and autentic and had high knoweledge about animals and plants. Can def recommend this to othera.

2  Thank kristofferharryson
ImagineEcuador, Owner at Imagine Ecuador, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Kristoffer,
Nice to hear that the owner of Imagine Ecuador did the best for you to have a unique experince in the Amazon.
The Cuyabeno is a unique place in the planet, this is one of our favorite product we offer to our customers.
Our goal is to work with the Sustainable Tourism protecting the forest and generating tourism revenue for local communities.
We invite you to have the same experience with us!
The best tour Operator - Imagine Ecuador

in 18 reviews
"memory card"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My experience at Samona lodge is one that I truly will never forget. Nature literally encompasses you at every moment, even in the middle of a short lived hot shower when a friendly tree frog hops in to say hello. I loved the atmosphere, and all the staff working behind the scenes. Juan had undeniable passion for nature, evident in our first boat tour with him, his binoculars in hand actively searching for wildlife, not only for our enjoyment but equally his as well. Juan spoke clear and fluent English impressively as well as his thoroughly mastered bird and monsake monkey calls. Best of all, Juan seemed to have a deep understanding of personal want from every member of our tour in what we were looking for in an amazon adventure. Nature had inspired me to come to the amazon once, but Juan has inspired me come back and enjoy the majestic beauty of the jungle sometime again in this lifetime.

3  Thank Alexis M
ImagineEcuador, Owner at Imagine Ecuador, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you so much , Im so happy that you loved the trip, im always working every second to make your adventure unforgettable for you and the ultimate travel experience.
I will be waiting for you my friends for a new adventure in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This year i have been to Ecuador for the first time in my life. I am astonished by the beauty that this country has to offer. That my trip here has been such an amazing experience is also due to imagine ecuador which offered me a great price to allow myself to fulfill one of my greatest dreams - to see the Galapagos islands. The cruise was excellent, I saw a lot of sea lions, blue footed boobies, giant turtles and dolphins. I also went snorkling and it was even better than I expected. Once I had returned from my cruise I went to Cuyabeno Jungle - the tour also being organized by imagine ecuador. This has surpassed my experiences as well. We saw a giant anaconda,went fishing for piranhas, saw pink dolphins and had an excellent time in the group. The experience with the shaman impressed me a lot as i have always wanted to encounter a real shaman and am generally interested in indigenous cultures.
To round off my trip I went to Baños - a beautiful town, surrounded by high mountains and with a stunning view on Tungurahua - where I went rafting. The tour was also organized by imagine ecuador and it has been a lot of fun.

2  Thank Anna B

Dear Anna,
Sounds smart to know that your experience in the Galapagos Islands, Amazon, whitewater rafting tour and our customer service was impeccable.
We are surprised to know that you are from the same city Klingenberg home of one of the owners of Imagine Ecuador and of course where Mara was born our future owner of our company.
I hope someday we can meet you in Klingenberg such a beautiful city!
Best wishes,
Anke /Juan and Mara!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Me and my husband had been wanting to take a Galapagos cruise for a long time. We live in New Jersey and had been surfing the internet for a good deal for 3 years and came across prices way beyond our budget. Then while going through some forum I found suggestions to contact a local Ecuadorian tour operator for a better deal instead of someone from US. I kept searching and came across multiple tour operators, one of which was Imagine Ecuador. I emailed everyone describing what I was looking for, islands I wanted to do and the date range that suited us the best. Of all the responses, Imagine Ecuador got back with the best quotes satisfying all these. My requirements were tight because I had emailed in November first week 2012 and was looking to travel between Nov last week and mid Dec.

I must have exchanged at least 50 emails over the next few days with Juan and Denyse. They were very patient and prompt in replying to my most petty questions. I wanted to be very sure before booking as Galapagos is usually more expensive than other places, I did not know when I might be able to go there next. Of all the options, Juan recommended me that I look in more detail into one, as I can see most birds and animals there. I researched into it further and agreed with him and decided to go with it. I setup Skype sessions with Denyse to know the best money transfer option. Bank transfer worked for us best taking the fee into account. I got the transfer done 7 days before my cruise left and got a voucher in 2days. Honestly, I was a little concerned after the overseas transfer of such a big amount and cross-checked my booking with the cruise and flight operator and it was all good! Imagine had made sure to put all the diet restriction details in as well. They had done it all perfectly. So at the end of it, I had bagged a 1 week Galapagos cruise on a luxury catamaran with the flight from Quito to Galapagos and back to Quito - all under $2000 per person. This is 50% of the quotes I got from other operators for that kind of luxury. Imagine Ecuador gave a better quote that the boat operator (Seaman) themselves!

We just got back last week from Ecuador and had the most amazing time there. We were on Seaman-2 boat and excellent itinerary that I highly highly recommend. We had a queen sized bed and a room that was as spacious as my room at home, we had two big closets too. The crew, food, guide were all amazing. In terms of the itinerary - we snorkeled with penguins, sea-lions, marine iguanas, turtles. We saw the giant tortoises and at least 50 kinds of birds including red and blue footed boobies, red throat frigate birds. We just could not see waved albatross and cormorants but I think for one week and that price, it could not get any better. And I cannot thank enough to Juan and Denyse for making this possible.

I will be uploading pictures of the boat and trip soon. If anyone needs more details on the itinerary we took, please feel free to ask. I cannot comment on other places as I have no experience, but if anyone is looking into a Galapagos trip, Imagine Ecuador is the operator to contact - and this comes from a person who has spent at least 300 hours researching over past 3 years. :)

One more tip: Galapagos cruise rates drop a lot in the last 2-4 weeks before departure. So when you send inquiries to Imagine, ask for their last minute deals. It will be at the cost of fewer options though, but most times very good options are available unless you are a very big group.

Safe travels!

4  Thank Mruga_S

Dear Mruga,
Thank you very much for your great review, it sounds truly impressive to know that looking for three thousand hours between thousands online companies, our Tour Operator was nominated as the favorite to buy the honeymoon cruise to Galapagos.
This really enhances us as a very solid company in the market offering quality and unique Galapagos Islands cruise.
Thank you again for choosing us for your Honeymoon tour!
Whish you the best!
The Best Travel Agency in Baños!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My friend and I have been in Ecuador for 2 months volunteering as nurses and learning Spanish and as part of our adventure we spent my birthday (Dec. 2) in the Cuyabeno Reserve which is in the northern part of Ecuador, near Columbia, and I had the time of my life!

Before we went we were told that this is a dangerous part of the country and we should not go but I am sooooooo glad that we didn't listen to those people because we felt very safe and had the BEST experience in the jungle.

Our guide, Juan, was AMAZING!! He is so knowledgeable about all of the plants and animals in the rainforest. He is also very passionate about his job and if you want to see something he will not stop until he finds it. For example: we where hiking in the jungle and he wanted to show us a poison dart frog, that is the size of my thumb nail, and some how Juan found it!! I could not believe it!! We also saw a 5 meter (about 15 feet) long anaconda basking in the sun on top of her abode (see the link below for a video that on of the people on the tour took). We had a blast canoeing on the Cuyabeno River looking for monkeys, alligators, the Amazon Pink River Dolphin, blue and yellow macaws, tons of other birds, the list goes on and on!!!!

To top it all of Juan made me a birthday cake as a surprise which was icing on the cake ;-)

Also, the place that we stayed is called Samona Lodge and it was a great experience as well and the food was amazing!!!

If you choose Juan as your guide you are guaranteed to have memories so last a lifetime. I wouldn't use any other guide! We were so lucky to have found him!

Link to anaconda video:

3  Thank YumAggie

Dear Leslie and Christine,

Thank you very much for your fabulous review, we are pleased to know that your experience in the Amazon was the highlight of your trip, so great you had the opportunity to have as your guide the owner of Imagine Ecuador who is listed as one of the best guides in Cuyabeno, with its broad and extensive knowledge about the Amazon has made its unique and unforgettable trip for you!

Very good choice to opt for this magical paradise on Amazon, a single and unique place full of lots of nature and biodiversity landscape and ethnic settlements.

Best regards
The best tour Operator - IMAGINE ECUADOR!