“Nice place”

Ranked #20 of 67 Specialty Lodging in Banos
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for Christmas and New Year's Eve - it was a great apartment - very clean and spacious and in a good location. Mayra was very helpful and accommodating. She allowed us to use an oven in another compartment and even took us on a brief tour of Banos when we arrived!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We spend a really nice time at Mayra's Spanish school. We learned a lot at the classes with Mayra and Marco, because the classes we're balanced on our needs and level. They use good didactic methods and games to make it easy and fun to learn the language.

At first we planned to stay 3 days in Banos and take a Spanish course in Cuenca, but it turned out to be 9 in Banos because of this great school and the relaxed atmosphere of Banos. In addition, we rented a nice appartment of Mayra, that made the stay even more pleasant. Mayra and her family makes you feel like home!

If you're planning to take Spanish lessons in Ecuador, go to Banos and Mayra's Spanish School.

Wouter & Wendy
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Ps: also try the beer Mayra's husband is brewing in the garage!

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I studied Spanish here for a few days and found the school really excellent. Mayra is a brilliant teacher, very patient and has many fun games to make learning easier! Lots of grammar explained well and plenty of time spent in conversation practicing the grammar I had learned. Definitely recommend spending some time in banos learning Spanish. You can do classes in the morning and activities in te afternoon, lots of fun!

• Stayed August 2012
Banos, Ecuador
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have really enjoyed living in these apartments. They have everything I need (including Wi-Fi). They are clean and close (walking distance) to everything in Banos. I love the big open space in the kitchen and living room and of course the windows with views of the mountains. Mayra and everyone else have been super helpful whenever I had questions. I highly recommend it! Happy travels. Luther

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luthercale
Wilmore, Kentucky
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I spent two months in Banos studying at Mayra´s Spanish School. I was pleased with the high quality of the professors that teach there. Almost never did I have a question (gramatical or otherwise) that they did not have a clear answer for and an explanation that made sense to me. In the 2 months I was there my spanish improved greatly. We moved forward at a steady pace with grammer and spent time each day practicing in conversation what we had previously learned. While I was there I stayed in a small but comfortable appartment on the 4th floor with a nice view of Banos and the surrounding mountians. Banos is great place to stay if you like adventure and appreciate beauty. There is plenty to do and if you are looking for a place to stay and maybe to improve your spanish I recommend it!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
seoul
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Very nice. Family
Silent location. Good Spanish school beautiful terrace. Comfortable facilities good mattress and clean nice price thanks Mayra and also nice Belgium.beer

• Stayed March 2012