“Bad restaurant best avoided”

Pappardelle Ristorante
Ranked #22 of 145 Restaurants in Banos
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The service and food here were substandard. My girlfriend had a Calzone, the first attempt came out still cold in the middle. The second attempt whilst warm was not much better. She ended up very ill for the next few days.

The service here left a lot to be desired, but I wouldn't even worry about that as the food and place should be avoided. Are better places in the area to go without the risk.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

They served me up here with a semi-raw veg calzone (off the menu). I accidentally had a couple of mouthfuls before I realised it was uncooked crumbly cheese in the middle that I had eaten. The damage was done, despite the staff bringing me another cooked calzone, the little I had had of the raw one gave me severe food poisoning, messed up our plans and I ended up spending 3 days in bed wafter 14 hours straight of vomiting and diarrhea. Maybe OK for pizza, avoid the calzone, they do not have a clue what they are doing or perhaps I got unlucky and went on a day when the chef was off sick or something. The caprese salad was quite frankly the most vile salad I had ever tasted. Bad mozarella, bad tomatoes, and the worst pesto out of a jar I had ever tasted all served along with bbq sauce-yes bbq sauce on the plate with the caprese salad. Yuk!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We ate a simple Margarita pizza, and it really wasn't made for our taste. It was very greasy and hardly had any tomato sauce. Also, we asked to add some olives, so they charged us a $1 extra and added 5 (we could count them!) olives. Eventually, they tried to add a $1.5 to the bill (was in total $16) for something they said was country tax (?!?!). We didn't run in to it anywhere else, and when we asked about it, they just reduced it from the tab. The one good thing was the Caprese salad. All in all, we didn't like it..

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had a decent pizza in this place, but compared to some I have eaten in Europe, or even in Colombia, it was nothing special. The place is quite nice though, with a good atmosphere. When I was there, a huge table full of loud and drunk "gringos" sat behind me, which made the experience somewhat less pleasant.

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is great and matches the food served there.
Got a good glass of red wine and split a medium pizza with my girlfriend and that was plenty. If you're really hungry I suggest the large.
Definitely recommended for a quick bite.