“Two thumbs up!”

Ranked #3 of 48 Banos B&B and Inns
Ecuador
“Two thumbs up!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

For what you pay, you really get your money's worth. Clean room, hot shower, tasty breakfast of eggs, bread, juice and tea. We arrived very late (due to traffic in Quito), but the owner was so sweet and accommodating. If you love dogs, you'll love the owner's pup, Google. We did! Typically I prefer the amenities that hotels offer (compared to hostels) but this was great. My husband and I will definitely return on our next trip to Baños.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank meliDyr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
OC
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Hostal Erupcion was perfectly located at the corner of the central square. My private room was clean and comfortable. Shower worked well. Family run hostal makes you feel right at home. Excellent advice about tours and local hikes saved time and allowed me to do everything I wanted. Restaurant has great view and delicious food. Wonderful breakfast is included. Henry, his sister, and mother and all staff were very helpful and made me feel at home. I enjoyed my stay and banos very much. Don't miss the Chiva waterfalls tour, even in the rain. Thanks for a memorable time.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Doriba12
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this hostel for a week. I found the hostel very welcoming and the rooms were perfect for the price. The hostel is not upscale but is a great value. The best part of the hostel was the owner Gloria who is a very caring and extremely hard working woman who always had a smile on her face!
Also, her bulldog Google was adorable and breakfast is included! Who could ask for more?

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Spencerheney
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I made reservation through hostelworld, paid 10% of the total price, called a dat before to confirm my reservation, but when i got to the hostel the lady told me that 3 people got there before I did and then she hade to give the room to this three other people.
Take care with this hostel. They dont care about reservations made through hostelworld or even telephone calls.
Me and my friends had to look for another hostel in the middle of the night with our backpacks.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hostal is in a great location the WIFI was strong and the breakfasts were good. Each day we would have a great breakfast on the balcony overlooking the square. The people who run it are a family and they make you feel as if you are the most important guest there. Henry was the best at giving advice on the places to visit and advising us of costs and tips about what we could see he has a lot of local knowledge. Thanks to his advice we managed to be on the look out for a cock of the rock and were very lucky to see one in the trees at the water fall. With the volcano active during our visit he gave us some great tips

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here, the staff are fantastic and really make you feel at home. Great advice on what to do and they go out of their way to be helpful. The location is perfect - on one of the main squares and a short walk from the bus terminal. Also a great place to meet other travellers. I made good friends here who I booked my tours with too. Dorm room was clean and comfortable with hot water in the bathrooms. Price also includes breakfast which is delicious!

• Stayed October 2013
Liverpool, UK
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Arrived late without a booking, but thankfully got booked in to the last private room by the son of the family run hostel. Nice, clean rooms, not massive but good for the price. The breakfast here was one of my favorites in South America, eggs, fresh bread, fresh juice, jam and tea/coffee, (Amazing how other hostels do it so badly) Didn't eat at the resturant but the area is available throughout the day, great for having a beer and chatting with other travellers. They can also book any activity in Banos for you. Stayed three nights, could easily have done longer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple