“Great place to meet other travellers”

Erupcion Art Hotel & Hostel
Ranked #2 of 51 Banos B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Arrived late without a booking, but thankfully got booked in to the last private room by the son of the family run hostel. Nice, clean rooms, not massive but good for the price. The breakfast here was one of my favorites in South America, eggs, fresh bread, fresh juice, jam and tea/coffee, (Amazing how other hostels do it so badly) Didn't eat at the resturant but the area is available throughout the day, great for having a beer and chatting with other travellers. They can also book any activity in Banos for you. Stayed three nights, could easily have done longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
slurmheinrich, Director de Recepción at Erupcion Art Hotel & Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Erupcion Art Hotel & Hostel

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Chicken - and all meat - in Ecuador is typically cooked until it horrendously dry. The pollo a la plancha here was cooked perfectly. Moist, tender, and with great flavor. Too bad it was an incredible salt bomb. One hour later I still feel like I drank ocean water.

Another plus was that the meal also came with a generous portion of vegetables, which is rare for Ecuador.

I will return again, and ask for chicken without salt....

I did not stay in a room, just ate in the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
slurmheinrich, Director General at Erupcion Art Hotel & Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very friendly & hospitable family runned hostal. Son of the hostal owner brought us at 1am at night to a good spot to see the vulcano Tungurahua erupting and see the lava. A great Experience! Furthermore: Great location, good breakfast, clean rooms for a reasonable price. Definetly recommend this place to sleep when you spent some days at Banos.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I didn't actually stay here but spent a great deal of my time in Baños here. Friendly staff, great advise, top quality food, prime location, and a fridge full of beer.
Im going back to baños and will defiantly stay here next time.
Thank you......

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Itchula

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying we never actually stayed at Hostal Erupcion, so I can't speak for what the rooms are like, but my experience there was fantastic.

My girlfriend and I booked a room there for a Saturday night only to find out that, when we arrived, we had accidentally booked it for the wrong night. Henry, the son of the owners, however did not just kick us to the curb as I feel many others would do. He spent the next half hour calling every other hostal/hotel in town trying to find us a nice, affordable place. The town was absolutely packed so I don't know what we would have done without him. And when he finally found a place, he informed us that it was a ways outside of town. Not to worry though, he, his sister, and his dog Gogol walked us to their car and drove us there completely free of charge! Please remember, we weren't renting a room from them at this point and he wouldn't accept any money. They did this just out of their own kindness.

These are wonderful people, and I hope everyone gives them lots of business because they deserve it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Awesome homey place with a good view, comercial kitchen so you can cook whatever your heart desires, the staff are soo friendly the owner did my laundry quickly, helps you with everything and is always happy and nice! One of the best staff crew!!! Never felt like anything was a hassle and always willing to help!!!! (Very rare in ecuador)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was a great hostel centrally located in town. It's about a 5-7 minute walk from the main bus station and right next to the central park.

The only reason I marked down the cleanliness is because the shower looked like it was somewhat getto and a 2-3in pool if water filled the basin after less than a 5 min shower. Otherwise it was fairly clean.

Make sure you bring ear plugs (which is a good idea whereever you go anyway) because it is a great central location so you do have noise from vehicles at night.

The room itself even had a flat screen TV with cable and one English channel (Warner Bros).

The night stay included a generous breakfest of bread, two eggs, coffee and juice on the second floor deck overlooking the central park. My wife and I also had dinner there on the first night that again was a generous portion for a total of $10.

The service overall was excellent. They were able to answer questions about the town and activities. Internet access was great and they had a convenient water dispenser to fill our Nalgines when we left for the day.

• Stayed: August 2013