“Not good quality”

Ranked #33 of 45 Banos B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“Not good quality”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. It is well located, being close to the town and the thermal baths. First impressions were good, the bed was very big, and proved to be very comfortable, and the room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was however dated, and the fan came on every time I activated the light. My main issue with this hotel was the noise. It is run by a family, and there is a small child at the hotel with some loud musical toys, which were constantly played with even after 9pm. I dont dislike kids, I am a teacher by profession, but I dont want to stay in a noisy kindergarten when on holiday. On the friday evening of my stay, a group of noisy ecuadorians arrived and proceeded to shout to each other from the lobby up to the internal balconies on the second floor, even after 10pm. The hotel manager seemed unbothered by this noise and told me to put some earplugs in, when I brought it to her attention. Breakfast is from 8 till 10....and on one day the coffee was cold. Internet wifi did not work in my first floor room. I wanted to like this hotel but overall I didnt, maybe a nice option for noisy locals but not suitable for people who want a peaceful break in Banos.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank duncanbradshaw

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lima
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was billed as a four star hotel. The property has some potential. The rooms are comfortable but the hotel lacks proper management and has no character. I was the only person staying in what is quite a large property.
I was not given a choice of room, the staff were unhelpful and the breakfast the worst I have experienced in Latin America and I have stayed in hostels at less than one third of the price.Whilst I ate my breakfast I had to watch two staff eat theirs in the open kitchen including some of the fruit they had taken from my very small fruit plate. I was given one cup of coffee despite them making a pot. I presume the staff also enjoyed the rest of my coffee.
I would rate this hotel two stars. It needs some tender loving care.

Room Tip: There are many other choices in Banos which offer much better quality for less money
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Laddie315

Travelers are raving about these Banos hotels

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights in this homey hotel. Everybody in hotel was so nice, smiling and ready to help.Double room is very spacious with comfortable bed and armchair.
Bathroom needs some maintenance.
Breakfast is simple but food & fruits were fresh and tasty.
I will definitely stay again in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the court are very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NayiU
Inuvik, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Friendly efficient staff, great meals, treated us as welcome guests in their home. King bed in double room comfortable. Made arrangements for visit to local spa and in call for pedicures, provided laundry service at reasonable rate. Very enjoyable 2 night stay and definitely recommend. Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Mike L
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Quiet and nice hotel in Baños Ecuador, excellent staff for friendly, low price, best place to acommadate in Baños.
Baños is a nice small town in the middle of mountains surroonded for a alive vulcano named Tungurahua, on the city, not a lot to do, for this is good take a best place to satay, and this place is Donde Marcelo Hotel, ask for Rosita and Marcelo wonderfull and very friendly people.

Room Tip: Close to the Baños de la virgen ideal to take a termal bathroom and returning to the hotel in five m...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We thought we would get a comfort hotel for $60 but we were disappointed here. The rooms are cold, bland and without any personality - not even a picture on the walls (see photos). Though the hotel promotes WiFi most rooms have no signal... thus, we needed to sit outside on the hotel's stair to be connected. In each room there is an old, little 13" TV with poor fuzzy reception (see photo ). Finally, in the morning there was NO hot water for showers. We were told they ran out of gas. Hey, in Ecuador, for $60 you should get a better hotel than this. Not Recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fdoamerica
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Private parking, helpful staff, good breakfast, clean rooms. My only wish was the wi-fi signal was better but that could be just me! The hotel is also only 2 blocks away from the central plaza + church making for a very painless stay. Reasonable prices of $25 per person (breakfast included).

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing the parking lot so you avoid noise at night from the main street
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends