“4 star dining”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Alta Loma, CA
“4 star dining”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

A small hotel with big ideas for diners. Each course is expertly prepared and favorably presented. The servce is often by the owners and it is clear they care. It is reasonable and not to be missed.

Visited March 2011

sweden
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Well, I'll do this short: This place is serving seriously good food at incredible prices.
French/International cuisine, great wine and beautiful settings.

Maybe the best food we had during our 7 weeks trip in Ecuador and Colombia!!!

Napa, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wish I had found this place earlier!”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I walked by La Casa del Abuelo on my last night in Banos, within 200 yards of the Virgin Mary waterfalls and was captured by the elegance of the grounds and the outdoor restaurant. The fixed menu was the best meal I had in my 6 weeks in Ecuador; very elegant and meticulously prepared. I chatted with the owners (Andres and Daniela) for a pleasant hour over dinner and wine and had a look at the hotel and rooms. I wasn't able to spend the night, but how I wish I had found this place earlier! Six lovely rooms in a traditional but renovated Ecuadoran family house and a hell of a deal! Thirty dollars for room, breakfast AND dinner. I'm sure it's a limited offer as they get off the ground, but make sure you take advantage of it while you can!

1 Thank Bob1234567