“Fondue-licious”

Ranked #7 of 131 Restaurants in Banos
Cuisines: Swiss, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Swiss Bistro Banos, your gastronomic meeting point at the entrance of the amazonian rain forest. Since 2008 we offer Swiss & European specialties in a unique and authentic atmosphere. This year we added a terrasse lounge to enjoy the same dishes in a peacefull and relaxing garden in the center of Banos. Our professional Team will welcome you like at home to enjoy: - Swiss cheese fondue - Meat fondue - Selection of roestis - Meat & fish specialties - Deserts, hot chocolates and delicious coffees - Quality wines & spirits Bon appetit!
Vancouver, Canada
“Fondue-licious”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We came here for fondue one night. It was delicious and came with far too much food. The service was also really good. I'm rating if 4 stars because the prices were slightly higher than what we would have liked to pay for this meal, but we decided to treat ourselves this night.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Cristie R

“Good food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The food I ordered was quite good. Macaroni with ham was beautifully presented and very tasty. I went with the strawberry romanoff for dessert which was also delicious. I also ordered a cocktail but it was disgusting - couldn't drink it. Go here for food only! It's a bit expensive but worth it if you pick the right items.

Portland, Oregon
“Owner around and friendly buit the food disappoints”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I live in Quito and like Swiss and French food. In Banos I wanted like crazy to eat soupe d'oignan but this place had a gray version that was pretty awful and cost over $5.50 a bowl! For Ecuador, that's money we're talking. I told the owner and he said he would try it that night -- I thought that pretty strange since he (I would have ) discounted or taken the bowl I ate off the bill. The rest was pricy for the general ambiance and quality and type of Swiss/French food (for EC. I am speaking)
I would not recommend the place . The help were nice but that sadly does not make up for the food.

• Visited March 2013
Kaslo, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over Priced, and Over Rated”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have spent a great deal of in Baños, Ecuador over the past few years and know the town and it's restaurants very well. This restaurant charges noticibly higher prices than the others, although their food in my mind in nothing special. In fact, inferior to similar fare at nearby restaurants. Tried their supposedly "baked" French onion soup today. It was pathetic. A tiny chunk of bread and cheese thrown into an overly salty broth. At $6 it was pathetic. Never again!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Doug P
Guayaquil, Guayas, Ecuador
“Nose picking waiter at Swiss Bistro, Baños”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We ate here on Carnival Sunday (11/02/2013). We enjoyed the food, but found the service somewhat lacking. Our waiter forgot to give us place mats and the free appetizers that he handed out, as a 'gift from the kitchen', to other clients. What surprised us most was seeing him pick his nose in the middle of the roof terrace where we were sat, before handing cutlery to other clients without washing his hands. Needless to say, we didn't leave a tip.

• Visited February 2013