All reviews swimming pool hot springs roof terrace nice pool per night private room breakfast not included clean rooms thermal baths pancakes de la quiet place double bed steam room cleaned daily staff was very friendly and helpful stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Reading the reviews I choose this hostel cause i thought it would be a bit more luxeues and therefor nice then where i would normally stay. Well.. I couldnt sleep for 2 nights because people were so loud (dorm is at bottomfloor) and when i had to wake up in the morning at 5. Being very quiet the guy told me that I should be quiet.. honestly i wasnt making a sound and packed everything the night before. Been traveling over a year now. I just thought it was a bit upsetting especially considering that in the night i couldnt really sleep. Also i didnt find the people working here were very helpfull and the kitchen you are allowed to use but everything is locked up.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank JitskeAben
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Nice hostal, clean rooms, warm water, good wifi, even a tiny pool and massages.
A good walking distance from the center. (4 min from bus station).
They have a rooftop where they serve breakfast from 7.30 till 11.30. And they have peanut butter, which I didn't have had in 2 months. This breakfast (2breads with peanut butter and slices of banana) was 2,25. One night in a mixed dorm is 8,50. Which are really good prices. I would recommend!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Daniela P, Owner at Hostal Chimenea, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Reviewed March 12, 2017

I stayed for approximately 3 days, and I really enjoyed the hostel's proximity to the hot springs and waterfalls, as well as the laundry service and breakfast served in the morning (though both are charged separately). I shared a dormitory style room that was OK, kept clean daily by the staff, and I met some interesting people. I would stay there again, but likely in a private room.

Room tip: Choose a private room
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thak you for your comment

Reviewed March 9, 2017

We stayed 2 nights at Chimenea Hostal, and it is one of the best value for money we had in Ecuador!

It was low season so maybe the price were cheaper than usual but we payed 24 dollars for a double bedroom!
And the room was comfortable and clean (they seem to clean every day)! The isolation between the room was not so good but we slept all right as the neighbours were quite quiet!

We had a room on the 2nd floor (room 18) facing the entry garden! This room was great as we had an amazing view on the city and church and on the mountains at the background! It was quiet on the outside as there is the entry garden just below, and on the street behind the traffic is very limited! We had also a balcony (most of the rooms have one), and the room was big and nicely decorated!
Bathroom clean, hot shower with good water pressure!

The breakfast was not included in the price, but for between 3 and 4 dollars, you have a tasty breakfast on the terrace with homemade cakes and marmelade!

In addition, they have a laundry service, you just have to let them your clothes and they take care of it for 1 dollars per kilo, you get them dried and clean 5 hours later!

The staff was polite and helpful!

To sum up, great hotel in Baños!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you, It is a pleasure to serve our guests.

Reviewed February 25, 2017

Friendly folks, good size room, daily cleanliness, great location and roof top services (breakfast). Initial visit to Banos was to be 4 days, however, the area, accommodation, tours and good food choices we extended our stay @Hostal Chimenea to nine nights.

Room tip: Request a quiet location, they're willing to help you
Date of stay: February 2017