“Delicious”

Ranked #5 of 135 Restaurants in Banos
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an eclectic art cafe featuring excellent coffee and an extensive menu of food from around the world including pasta dishes, fresh trout, curries, Mexican dishes, fresh juices and smoothies and delicious desserts. The space is a comfortable place to kick back and relax, with a lending library and fireplace. Open from noon to 10:15 pm, 7 days a week.
Brisbane, Australia
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We visited casa hood every day in Banos. The food is healthy, fresh and there are excellent vegetarian options. It has a great variety of Ecuadrian, Asian and Mexican dishes. We were also very impressed with the salads. Only downside were the cocktails and juices - there are cheaper and better ones in town!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Hheart_142

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
“Cozy Gringo Hangout”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Casa Hood caters to vegetarian hipster travelers along with easy-going locals. If you're not in a rush to get anywhere and are ready to just sit back and enjoy the atmosphere then this is a food lunch or dinner choice for you. The food is good, though I wouldn't say it's extraordinary. It is also a bit pricey considering you can get a nice veg almuerzo for $1.50 at any local market. But for those craving good veg food, wifi, some gringo company, and an afternoon film I think you'll thoroughly enjoy it here.

I have been sick from this food a few times, but I found that was often after getting a dish that included gluten, so indeed it could just be a gluten-intolerance on my end.

They always play good films in the afternoon so it's a good place to relax and get a cup of coffee and a treat.

The apple pie on the dessert menu is vegan, FYI!

I lived/worked an hour from baños so on my days off I would often go in to baños and have been here quite a few times.

Granada
“great meal and ambiance”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Casa Hood offers an interesting menu in a cozy atmosphere, and we enjoyed our meals greatly. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2013
Quito, Ecuador
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One good meal, one not so good meal”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

First time for lunch and the Nasi Goreng I had was tasty and very filling. My girlfriend's Pad Thai was also very good. The next night we came back for dinner. My burrito came out stone cold so swapped for the Lasagna which came out red hot in places and lukewarm in others. Call me fussy but I like my food hot when it's served!

Visited January 2013
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I like this place a lot! The prices are excellent, with a three course lunch with juice for only 3,25 dollars. The service is a bit slow, but friendly. The atmosphere is great, with lots of interesting books you can read while waiting. The fixed price menu has vegetarian food which is healthy, tasty and often quite interesting. I highly recommend this place and have introduced it to several other travelers.

• Visited January 2013