“good food but sloooooowwwww service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Mariane

Cafe Mariane
Ranked #21 of 132 Restaurants in Banos
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Golden, Colorado
“good food but sloooooowwwww service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I´ve eaten here twice. To be fair, the food is pretty good and so is the house wine ($17 for liter). Both times I had the beef fondue for $13 (oil) and its delicious and comes with a bit plate of vegetables. But both times I´ve been there, its takes at least an hour to receive the food, the 1st time there was only like 1 other table in the restaurant, this last time, probably 6.

Just be prepared for slow service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank el_cap

Stephenville, Texas
“One of my favorite places to eat great food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you are in Banos and don't eat at Cafe Mariane you will be missing excellent meals at very fair prices. I ate there with friends on several occasions and never had anything but the highest praise, not only for the quality of the food but also for the cozy atmosphere. The pot roast is delicious as is the Filet Mignon. Please do yourself a favor and make it one of your stops.

Visited October 2013
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Great Food, So So Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Always great food here. The pepper steak is my fav, the trout is my second. The ambiance is really great...the wood burning fireplace, the nice garden area outside, the cottage decorations, all make for a romantic atmosphere. None really better. Somewhat difficult to find and the long walk down a driveway makes you wonder if you are really at the right place. Ever time I visit Baños I have at least one meal here. Never has failed me. Except the service is really quite sketchy. Sometimes you get it, other times you feel completely ignored. The time between ordering and being served can be long, order a bottle of wine and sit back and soak up the atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sfeddie
Berlin, Germany
“Great food, nice atmposphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We really recommend this place in Baños, it is something special. The prices are a bit higher compared to other restaurants in Baños, but the Boeuf and the salad we tried were worth every cent. Above that we really liked the atmosphere inside and outside, very charming.

2 Thank KthrnWmsr
Stephenville, Texas
“Better than most of us ever deserve.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My friends had raved about this place but I was skeptical. I was wrong ! This was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. The price with wine included was under $15 and U.S. restaurants can kiss my grits if they don't like it. Americans are use to paying $35 -$50 a plate for meals that can't compare but that is why I can afford to live here but not at home. I can't say enough about Cafe Mariane but my dinner companions, both of whom had other entrees, were equally impressed. LOVED IT !!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013