“Great place”

Cafe Hood
Ranked #4 of 132 Restaurants in Banos
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Ecuadorean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: CAFE HOOD will always strive to have interesting, thoughtful food. Our menu is innovative with a fresh look for lunch and dinner. We offer cocktail drinks, coffee and many amazing deserts. Our restaurant atmosphere was created to give peace and great memories to travelers in a cozy environment. It is our goal to provide Baños with a restaurant that showcases international food, using high quality and sustainable ingredients combined with innovative cooking. If you are look for something healthy, a good price and delicious you found it!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great place”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

During my 4 days in Banos I had breakfast here everyday. I only went for dinner once, which was a pity because my other restaurant experiences in Banos where poor. The service is great and the guy who served us each time gave us a good tip about where to rent a bike. Highly recommended. O yeah, they served Brahma beer!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“Great arty decor, food and staff.”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I ate here a few times while I was in Baños. I dug the arty decor and the place wasn't pretentious at all. It's a place where you can just hang out and reflect on the beautiful town you're in. The staff were friendly and even took the time to help me with my Spanish when I ordered. The food was a good value with large portions. Maybe the only thing that could be better would be if they opened earlier, so I could eat there sooner.

Nontron, France
“Relaxed place with good food and great vibe”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We ended up eating here four days in a row as the staff were so friendly and the food was great value. They have a backpacker option which includes a drink, starter and main for around $3.50, although the other dishes are also excellent, particularly the Indonesian steak!

My girlfriend is vegetarian, which can be a challenge in Ecuador, but here they have lots of vegetarian options, all of which can have meat or fish added for a small fee. The brownies are a must!

Overall, very friendly service, relaxed vibe and good food. What more could you want :)

Bermuda
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just as it appears, a relaxed and worthwhile artsy café”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Welcoming staff, great location, and tasty food with a wide variety of options. A good portion of the diverse (not typically Ecuadorian) menu caters to vegetarian tastes, but these delightful options can be amended for the carnivores among us. With a bustling Saturday afternoon outside, Café Hood was a bit calmer and inviting. I had the burrito con carne, and while not mind-blowing, it certainly hit the spot after a day of traveling. The laid back feel, good food, and creative art work makes this a solid starting point before further investigating the town.

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Read loads of great reviews, including lonely planet. Great location and great art inside.

Visited on a Sunday afternoon for coffee and snacks. Place was not very busy but waiter seemed pretty stressed. Was also wanting to use wifi to catch up on emails, given complicated password by waiter that didn't work and dismissively told me to check password on router that was pretty high up on the counter.
Coffee was ok, my partner enjoyed the juice and his ice cream sundae. I had seasonal fruit with cream and honey that was pretty standard but in fairness was pretty cheap in price.

Here for a couple of days but would not be going back for standard food and dismissive service